• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOCOM Confrontation - The thread (bringing back the REAL!)

cameltoe

Kittonwy said:
Holy smoke 3 minutes is CRAZY for a game installed on the HDD. >:|

It was not like this when I first started playing...some hours later this started....its probably a server load issue.

Also, I have no accuracy issues at all.....I place crosshair over enemy, pull the trigger and they die like I expect them to.

Kyoufu

Doc Evils said:
Neo Gaf server up on English Speaking 1. I'm using a playlist of every mode and also have night time and daytime map shuffle.

Joining!

but I don't see the room :/

edit: nvm its up now

Trevelyan

Banned
Doc Evils said:
Neo Gaf server up on English Speaking 1. I'm using a playlist of every mode and also have night time and daytime map shuffle.
Booo, I have to mow the lawn now. I should be able to join in about 60 mins though(granted the server is still up).

Steroyd

Will join in a minute!

On another note, something is wrong with my hotmail I can log into my e-mail account no problems but I can't open any of my e-mails, like the link is broken does anyone know a solution to this.

I ask because I may have an extra beta code I have an e-mail about joining the Socom beta but I can't open it.

____

Smidget said:
Got mine last night....

I still haven't. Somebody gave me one so I'm playing, but I wanna give my 3 codes to the people I promised em to.

BTW, wtf is the RELOAD button? ;(

____

edit: thanks foxhoundNL but one thing I did notice is you can't quit from the lobby...

you have to "start" the match and then quit

Unless i'm missing something

Kyoufu

Defuser is the biggest rocket whore ever lol

And I just got taken out by a suicide nade as I was approaching a car the guy was hiding behind.

talk about lame :p

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
industrian said:
I got disconnected, now I'm getting "Join Game Failed."

:(
Reboot your game or system. And to those who don't know.....I hosted 3 games yesterday. When you finish your 20 rounds it will crash on the next restart of the 20. What you should do (until the patch) is when the 20th round hits, everyone quit the game and just remake another one. I don't know if this was just me but it happened every time I hosted a game.

Kyoufu said:
Defuser is the biggest rocket whore ever lol

And I just got taken out by a suicide nade as I was approaching a car the guy was hiding behind.

talk about lame :p
Damn him, he got me last night too! And there is a "Martyrdom" like quirk?

womfalcs3

Banned
Kyoufu said:
Its a network issue. If they fix the code then loading won't be a problem.

Good to know. I'm going to wait to get into this beta until everything runs fine (before the end of the week according to Seth). I don't want the issues now to take away from it.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
____ said:
cool, i'll try that.

and lag just cost me a kill ;(
Depending on the host, there will be slightly more lag. I hosted 16p games fine yesterday. Tried a 32p game but not enough gaffers showed. Will try again later.

Y2Kev said:
Codes codes anyone got a code?
Gonna make a run to the store and see if my store got the cards in. I already got hooked up but will have 3 more when I get it.

Doc Evils

gah just got kicked out my own game to the main menu and my controller started to vibrate like mad.

I'll try and host another one or someone else can if they like.

Ok... now I'm getting the Scoreboard and I hear gunshots, but I can't join. Scoreboard doesn't seem to be updating.

Is this normal? Do I have to wait for the round to end?

BeeDog

Fuck you Defuser, you and your rockets. At least I bagged some mofo's with some grenades. :D

Gotta admit, when this beta works, it's really damn fun. And the sound is freakin' amazing, omg. But Slant 6 need to streamline the menus more and minimize the lag to make the entry into a game easier and faster. Now it's cumbersome to enter games. And the loading times, ugh.

Kyoufu

Throwing grenadaaaaaaaaa is terrible in this game and the constant 2 second pauses make some firefights really really annoying.

Aside from that its great fun with more than 5 people.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
So far I'm impressed with the gameplay. Everything else is rougher than a badger's arse though. Hopefully there'll be a patch soon.

LiquidMetal14 said:
Reboot your game or system.

Done both, nothing's happening.

Shit happens I guess.

JB1981

I spend more time running around to find the enemy (then dying immediately) than I do actually playing the game.

I suck. :(

Doc Evils

Those that are trying to enter <=NeoGaf=> and get an error, don't worry, I think the server has left a ghost of my host and so don't enter it.

Steroyd

Doc Evils said:
Those that are trying to enter <=NeoGaf=> and get an error, don't worry, I think the server has left a ghost of my host and so don't enter it.

Where IS that Neogaf server, I went into the Englsih speaking channel and found nothing.

JB1981

FoxhoundNL said:
Yeah how do you throw grenades properly? It was very easy in Fireteam Bravo 1 & 2, can't remember S1/2... So How do you do it?

It seems pretty difficult to throw them long distances.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Doc Evils said:

Is there a new game being set up?

Edit: My question was answered before posting.

____

LiquidMetal14 said:
Depending on the host, there will be slightly more lag. I hosted 16p games fine yesterday. Tried a 32p game but not enough gaffers showed. Will try again later.

welp, I might be on later to help fill out the room.

PSN: CarolCity if anyone wants to add me

Doc Evils said:
Doc Evils said:
created a new one <=NeoGaf=>1 in English speaking 1

The first <=NeoGaf=> server is still up. There's still lots of people playing on it. I guess the game has host transfer.

Top Bottom