• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Solatorobo: Red the Hunter |OT| Better late than never; buy it now!

Can anyone tell me how long I have left?

I just got to the credit sequence, but it appears there's some other enemy to fight.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Did this game do well in Japan? I just finished it, and I kind of want a prequel where you play as Quebec or something.

fernoca

Did this game do well in Japan? I just finished it, and I kind of want a prequel where you play as Quebec or something.
Was released in October 28, 2010:
  • Week 1: 07|00. Solatorobo: 21.915 / NEW
  • Week 2: 12|07. Solatorobo: 6,927 / 28,841
  • Week 3: 34|12. Solatorobo: More than 3,000; less than 5,000
  • Week 4: Missing from the Top 50. Game #24 did 6,000.
Was out of the Top 50 in the November 15-21, 2010 charts; with under 35,000 copies.

There's always Tail Concerto on PSone. :p

bon

So just starting out.
But what the heck, Elh is a boy?

5EDW3.jpg

TOTALLY MASCULINE

So I got this recently. It's really solid despite some of though JRPG cliches'

I really like the faux french that interjects in conversations. I really wish Red fought outside of his mech but so far it's been a good ride.

So, I decided to pickup where I left off months ago so I could finish this.

My Game of the Year.

I absolutely love this game. I had no idea that there was a second part to it. I honestly loved everything about it, the characters, world, story, I eagerly anticipated everything that happened in the story as I played, I liked it that much. This is also one of the few games to actually make me do all the side quests. I still have some of the post game ones to do but I'll have them completed soon.

It's just a really well polished package, with a very well crafted world, just an absolute joy to experience.

I really hope that rumor about a new game in the series is true. I will buy it day one for sure.

I think the last game that had this kind of effect on me was Nier. Pretty different games yet they both had something special that really made them appealing to me.

I'm so glad I decided to buy this, probably my best purchase of 2011.

I just picked it up; it is much better than I was led to believe. The flying is probably my only complaint but then again it is better than Skyward Sword's.

I haven't played the game yet, but I read in a review that New Game Plus is the second half of the game, not a simple repeat. Don't know any more details.

No it's not, I've played through it already, new game plus offers you carry over & extras. There's more but I'm not spoiling anything for anyone.

epmode

If there really is a sequel and it really reaches America, I hope hope hope they design it with people older than 6 in mind.

epmode

I'm just talking about the game itself, not the designs. I came close to dying maybe once before finishing both halves of the game. And then there's the way you're told exactly what to do in almost every room in the game. "LOOK, A BUTTON, MAYBE YOU SHOULD PRESS IT"

It almost plays itself.

duckroll

I'm just talking about the game itself, not the designs. I came close to dying maybe once before finishing both halves of the game. And then there's the way you're told exactly what to do in almost every room in the game. "LOOK, A BUTTON, MAYBE YOU SHOULD PRESS IT"

It almost plays itself.

Have you played the demo of CC2's latest game? :p

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ahh, TC and Solatorobo aren't really hard. It's more of an "explore the world and the characters" type of game.

It almost plays itself.

Yeah I agree, that was my biggest complaint about Solatorobo.

Pietepiet

Ahh, TC and Solatorobo aren't really hard. It's more of an "explore the world and the characters" type of game.

Doesn't mean that they should keep telling you how to solve puzzles you've solved ten times already. For me, that got in the way of enjoying parts of the game. I don't need them explaining things when they've already done so a couple times in the game.

I guess they could be a bit more intuitive with the help info but it really didn't bother me. Even with that there were a few parts that gave me a bit of trouble. This game isn't very difficult and I don't think that's a bad thing.

I just saw that supposed Solatorobo sequel, I call BS.

First of all the background is just the wallpaper from the site which I have on my computer.

I just saw that supposed Solatorobo sequel, I call BS.

First of all the background is just the wallpaper from the site which I have on my computer.

Yeah, that was proven to be fake. We do know that CC2 does have something planned for the Little Tail Bronx world but it's not known what medium it will be in (game/show/lightnovel,etc).

survivor

Banned
I was reading the Postmortem posted today by Gamasutra and this part surprised me
We created an Excel sheet that allowed any member of the team to input their thoughts whenever they wanted. Topics could be anything from an idea or thought about the game and development process, or general suggestions, and I could then input my thoughts and answers in the comments.
Seems very weird. I thought they would just use normal trackers for the game where everyone can post their ideas. Had no idea some game developers still use Excel.

Busaiku

So I just got the 2nd part (did a couple quests, but that's it.
I don't understand why they had to split it up with the credits and everything, that just seems like a waste of a couple minutes.

Edgeward

So I just got the 2nd part (did a couple quests, but that's it.
I don't understand why they had to split it up with the credits and everything, that just seems like a waste of a couple minutes.

Yup, pretty much agree. And they waited so long to introduce new mechanics and systems that would've made the first part more enjoyable.

Mzo

Finally gave this a shot and put maybe 10 hours into it.

Holy crap.

Yes, it's an easy game made for babies, whatever, but it's just so cute. The cutscenes look amazing. I'm really liking the world and the characters =3

If you hate on this game you have the tiny, shrivelled, black heart of a monster.

Boss Doggie

Finally gave this a shot and put maybe 10 hours into it.

Holy crap.

Yes, it's an easy game made for babies, whatever, but it's just so cute. The cutscenes look amazing. I'm really liking the world and the characters =3

If you hate on this game you have the tiny, shrivelled, black heart of a monster.

Yeah, this is essentially like Kirby. It's lighthearted, but you play it for the lightheartedness.

Seeing this thread pop up again reminds me that I still need to finish the game... ._.

Well a sequel is said to be coming so...

Boss Doggie

Nah that one was fake.

The one I'm talking about is the devs saying they really want to do another one.

Although this will just mean Mamoru still hasn't gotten a game among the Bronx trio.

I bought this back in December based on the praise, and just finished it this past weekend, taking the time to complete all the quests, collect all the photos, and compose all the music.

What a fun, charming game. From beginning to end, the characters were upbeat, the world colourful, and the music surprisingly soothing. I found the gameplay to be fairly unique, with all the lifting and slamming of enemies. Although it was virtually the only way to attack, I never really got bored of it. The mission structure and Hunter rank was also well-done, although I did find myself getting slightly bored by the repetition. All-in-all, I did not expect a final playtime of just under 20 hours! The game was pretty packed with content, and the story had a nice arc from the first to second half.

The game was very easy as well, although I know the target audience was younger. Still, I had a lot of fun, and I recommend it to anyone who wants something a little different from the rank-and-file of today's games.

Top Bottom