• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

sombody got their ds a little early

neptunes

manual.jpg

DSC01324.jpg

DSC1331.jpg

DSC01328.jpg

hunterscard.jpg

EDIT: (don't feel like killing the dude's bandwith by posting short vid of start up)

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Gamestop managers are susposed to get their DS's within the next couple weeks

DCX

DCX
Looks nice! Wasn't thinking of getting one, but i might...i have to see it in person first...same with PSP.

DCX

john tv

I wanna see a game case. I hope the US games don't come in the same shitty boxes as GBA and GBC games came in... :/

Mr. Lemming said:
Haha, best use of the second screen i've seen yet! Damn I hate how those messages are at the beginning of games now.

DS is a revolution! I'm happy about this because it keeps an extra warning screen showing up in between me and my game. Go Go Nintendo!!!

ohamsie said:
Well, with the DS you can get viewing that screen out of the way with the startup screen

I doubt it. I understand that you can tell the system to boot to menu or to the game, but this little splash is still going to show up either way. There's a splash on GameBoy before your game starts. Plus, they have to show that health and safety warning, which means this screen is going to HAVE to show up.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
Why does the Manuel have what I assume to be PAL languages on it?
PAL release isn’t for ages.

If real = TEH AWESOME!

I just got back from a 3 day event at NOA, and I just happened to snap some pics of the DS cases they had there. Here's the inside of one of the cases they had on display in their retail section at their headquarters.

http://www.gaming-age.com/news/2004/11/5-21

I'm also going to have a ton of news and impressions of the DS and its games as well as Metroid Prime, Mario Tennis, Mario Party 6, Zelda Minish Cap and more on Sunday afternoon. I'm dead tired right now and have to write all the stuff up yet! So check out the front page Sunday night ;) (Yeah, there's a front page!)

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Do The Mario said:
Why does the Manuel have what I assume to be PAL languages on it?
PAL release isn’t for ages.

If real = TEH AWESOME!

English=US
Spanish=Mexico
French=Parts of Canada

Mirk

Damn Just got back from paying for the DS and 3 games.
Then I see this... not fair :(
Are not the games a little to small now? There like SD cards
and I have a hella of a time keeping them in check.

Ironclad

Thanks for the pics, Neptunes. IMO, going with the psuedo-DVD cases is definetly the right thing to do. Just a better way to store your DS games. I am efinetly excited for the DS, and I am very glad we only have 16 days left. :D

explodet

Before you know it, the next Game Boy will be out, and its game cartridges will be half the size of DS games!

The movie link isn't working for me, BTW.

Ironclad

explodet said:
Before you know it, the next Game Boy will be out, and its game cartridges will be half the size of DS games!

The movie link isn't working for me, BTW.

There is another link, about half way down the page. That one works.

Craig Majaski said:
I just got back from a 3 day event at NOA, and I just happened to snap some pics of the DS cases they had there. Here's the inside of one of the cases they had on display in their retail section at their headquarters.

http://www.gaming-age.com/news/2004/11/5-21

I'm also going to have a ton of news and impressions of the DS and its games as well as Metroid Prime, Mario Tennis, Mario Party 6, Zelda Minish Cap and more on Sunday afternoon. I'm dead tired right now and have to write all the stuff up yet! So check out the front page Sunday night ;) (Yeah, there's a front page!)

So did this guy get his DS at the Enthuiast Summit? Does that mean you and everyone else did also? Or is this guy from elseware? Apprently there was some sort of tour in Mexico where you could win a DS. Maybe this guy won?

Ironclad

StrikerObi said:
So did this guy get his DS at the Enthuiast Summit? Does that mean you and everyone else did also? Or is this guy from elseware? Apprently there was some sort of tour in Mexico where you could win a DS. Maybe this guy won?

Striker, I read on another message board that appearantly the guy who took the pictures works for Nintendo, and they received their DS' early. I doubt Nintendo would give the DS out at a summit.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
I sincerely hope nintendo will be selling packs of those cases soon, because they'd be great for slickly storing gba games.

Top Bottom