• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed |OT| Everybody's Super Sonic Racing

Bog

Junior Ace
Does it do anything to fix some of the insane frame rate drops when on water? That and boost mode being glitched are my only real gripes. Great racer otherwise.

King_Moc

Banned
PC version won't have 5 player local multi (and I say that as a primarily PC gamer)

Yup, that's the main appeal in these games. It's far more fun to have people there in person.

Just ordered the Wii U version. I'm not a Sega fan really, so i'm hoping i like more than just the fan service.

Crom

Yup, that's the main appeal in these games. It's far more fun to have people there in person.

Just ordered the Wii U version. I'm not a Sega fan really, so i'm hoping i like more than just the fan service.

I wish Sega would return to their glory days. Then need to make a new Alex Kidd. Many of their games have been weak the past decade but I still root for them to pull it together.

I wont buy a Wii U for this game. If a game came out worthy of me buying a Wii U, I might get this game on Wii U, but for now, I have PS3, 360, and Wii. I don't think I want a Wii version so that leaves 360 or PS3. In this case which ever platform is better for this game I will buy. If its the same either way, I will probably lean towards 360 because I have more friends online with it. Any help would be appreciated.

King_Moc

Banned
I wish Sega would return to their glory days. Then need to make a new Alex Kidd. Many of their games have been weak the past decade but I still root for them to pull it together.

I wasn't even keen on their glory days, lol. I used to love Golden Axe and Outrun when i was young, but they've not aged well. Loved Shenmue, Monkey Ball and Skies of Arcadia though.

What are the Wii U multiplayer exclusive modes like?

Crom

I wont buy a Wii U for this game. If a game came out worthy of me buying a Wii U, I might get this game on Wii U, but for now, I have PS3, 360, and Wii. I don't think I want a Wii version so that leaves 360 or PS3. In this case which ever platform is better for this game I will buy. If its the same either way, I will probably lean towards 360 because I have more friends online with it. Any help would be appreciated.

From what I have heard the 360 and PS3 version are equal. If you have more friends on Xbox 360 then get that version.

I also recommend Ms. Splosion Man. It is an awesome downloadable game on the 360. I am a big Mario fan and I think it is better than any 2-d Mario in a long time.

inc77

Not necessarily...

I'm told the Wii U US update to 1.1.1 should happen in the next few hours. Signed off by NOA a couple of hours ago.

You can check which version you have by going into the options screen, will be at the bottom left of the screen.

Again, a huge apology from us over the fact it wasn't right and the amount of time it's taken. Hopefully you'll see a few improvements as well as it fixing those boost and arena mode glitches!

---
S0L
---

Great news!!! I'll probably pick this up over on the eShop today

Crom

I wasn't even keen on their glory days, lol. I used to love Golden Axe and Outrun when i was young, but they've not aged well. Loved Shenmue, Monkey Ball and Skies of Arcadia though.

What are the Wii U multiplayer exclusive modes like?

Shenmue was great for its time. I imported the 2nd one with a converter disc to play it on my Dreamcast. I also loved the first couple of Monkey Balls (and then I stopped getting them because they pumped them out too often) and Skies of Arcadia.

I haven't played Golden Axe for a long time but you are probably right about it not holding up.

I remember stuff like Zillion (which I couldn't beat), Black Belt, and Kung Fu Kid being a cool alternative to Nintendo (even though I prefered Nintendo).

About Sonic Racing.....I haven't got to play much multiplayer yet honestly but the game is better than I thought it would be.

King_Moc

Banned
About Sonic Racing.....I haven't got to play much multiplayer yet honestly but the game is better than I thought it would be.

A friend of mine got it and said it was almost, but not quite as good as Mario Kart, so i'm giving it a go.

Oh, and Chu Chu Rocket was brilliant also.

King_Moc

Banned
If it helps... no Blue Shell bullshit!

Sometimes the blue shell is needed. Sometimes it is not. there should be an AI controlling when it comes out. At the very least, it keeps the less skilled players intersted as they can still affect the race.

Mario Kart could use a mode that gives points based on the time you've spent in first place.

Crom

If it helps... no Blue Shell bullshit!

Sometimes the blue shell is needed. Sometimes it is not. there should be an AI controlling when it comes out. At the very least, it keeps the less skilled players intersted as they can still affect the race.

Mario Kart could use a mode that gives points based on the time you've spent in first place.

Yeah....there should be an option in Mario Kart to turn off certain items or to make them random.

That way if you are playing with casuals you can choose to keep the formula going of the people in the back getting the awesome items so they have a good chance of winning.

If you are playing with killers (like me) and if you are skilled too you may want to have items appear at random so that the more skilled person would win the majority of the time.

I still prefer the SNES Mario Kart over all the rest because a skilled would win most of the time even if the person behind them got awesome items. They seemed to change it in later versions that casuals could win a lot more.

Let people choose how they want to play it Nintendo. Crom has spoken.

CuboidFX

Banned

I think the Swarm's a pretty good alternative. It gives the person in front a good chance to evade it if they're skilled enough, but it can also takes out a few people behind them as well.

Yeah, Swarm is a "inconvenience racers ahead of you" item done right.

The only item that I don't really like is the snowballs and that's because of how ridiculously fast they are. If someone manages to get you in their sights, there's no way you're avoiding or blocking it if you don't have a glove. Not calling it bad or anything, just kinda salty about being hit from behind by the damn things so many times in S-Class races.

Shinta

Banned
I like the hot rod a lot. Having to hold out until the last minute to cancel, and getting an attack is really fun.

The snowballs are extremely fun to shoot long range.

multivac

I was thinking last night about picking this up since I want another multiplayer title for Wii U. This morning a great Giant Bomb quick look shows up, and I find out from this thread that the patch is coming out today. Just got home from picking it up :)

Anyone know when this game comes out on 3DS? Some sites say 12/11 and some say fucking February. Was hoping to pick it up for my son for Xmas.

not possible to get different names when playing local multiplayer in this? can't figure it out. all we get is my account name (2) my account name (3) and so on for the other players.

edit: on wii u

Yeah....there should be an option in Mario Kart to turn off certain items or to make them random.

That way if you are playing with casuals you can choose to keep the formula going of the people in the back getting the awesome items so they have a good chance of winning.

If you are playing with killers (like me) and if you are skilled too you may want to have items appear at random so that the more skilled person would win the majority of the time.

I still prefer the SNES Mario Kart over all the rest because a skilled would win most of the time even if the person behind them got awesome items. They seemed to change it in later versions that casuals could win a lot more.

Let people choose how they want to play it Nintendo. Crom has spoken.

I always see people say this and it just brings to mind all the times I have played with people that will always be in first no matter what the entire rest of the players throw at them.

They're not casuals, they're just really good at the game.

1-D_FTW

Personally hate cart games. The appeal for me is the last game was a great Sega arcade racer. That's what I'm hoping for again. And also hoping it does 1080P 3D like a champ (like the previous game did).

Coxy

Yeah, Swarm is a "inconvenience racers ahead of you" item done right.

The only item that I don't really like is the snowballs and that's because of how ridiculously fast they are. If someone manages to get you in their sights, there's no way you're avoiding or blocking it if you don't have a glove. Not calling it bad or anything, just kinda salty about being hit from behind by the damn things so many times in S-Class races.

yeah but you can see them lining up the shot and start evading before they fire. Works easier when you're behind them and they're firing back but you can pretty much watch the arrows showing nearby players to see when they're going for it

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Wii U update right in time for the Bombcast this week. Perfect.

Kjellson

This game is waaaay too hard for me. I'm lucky if I win a medium race. I have three characters left to unlock on challenge mode and I just can't do it. :(

ZeroGravity

This game is waaaay too hard for me. I'm lucky if I win a medium race. I have three characters left to unlock on challenge mode and I just can't do it. :(
Stick with it, and try different characters. Sometimes just using your favorites isn't good enough. I had to step outside my comfort zone and started using Vyse and Ulala, and began winning A and S ranks with them a lot easier than I had before.

Kjellson

Burning Depths is the worst stage ever put in a racing game.

Stick with it, and try different characters. Sometimes just using your favorites isn't good enough. I had to step outside my comfort zone and started using Vyse and Ulala, and began winning A and S ranks with them a lot easier than I had before.
Well, I still haven't found a favorite character, I just switch between different ones, so I am trying different characters. But I still haven't learned to drift properly.

Yeah, same here. Really wish S0L would have told us about that upfront, especially since the Wii U version has the option and the PS3 one doesn't. I would have just waited and bought the game once I got a Wii U if I had known. Growing up playing countless hours of CTR and Mario Kart, I really need an option to map accelerate to a face button.

Patch please!

whoa, you series?

Well damn, I might wait for the Wii U version next march and just pick this up on Vita instead.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe the patch is being saved for tomorrow's Nintendo Direct?

"Now players can download an exclusive extra set of levels with the all-new Boost Challenges!"

Top Bottom