• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed |OT| Everybody's Super Sonic Racing

DeVeAn

I can't believe how this patch is being handled. I can't finished certain levels but, it's okay to make us wait 2 weeks.

TheOGB

Banned
I'm getting really good at this Expert stuff now. Must be this new HDTV.

But seriously, did this fool really just drift backwards? I hit you with a Twister, and you start drifting backwards? For real?

DeVeAn

I'm getting really good at this Expert stuff now. Must be this new HDTV.

But seriously, did this fool really just drift backwards? I hit you with a Twister, and you start drifting backwards? For real?

Yeah, crazy stuff. I love how the weapons are not cheap in this game. Such an awesome racer.

Kokonoe

Banned
Is the Wii U online community dead? I can never find a game

Seems that way from all the Miiverse posts. This patch delay surely doesn't help, but I'm also certain the difficulty and time consumption for unlocking things doesn't help either.

Seik

Banned
I'll try the boost challenge right after my Wii U's firmare update (about 80% done atm).

Who knows, if a Nintendo patch broke it, maybe another one can fix it. :)

....or make it worse.

I'll try the boost challenge right after my Wii U's firmare update (about 80% done atm).

Who knows, if a Nintendo patch broke it, maybe another one can fix it. :)

....or make it worse.

Considering that not updating the game makes everything work fine, I'm pretty sure that Nintendo's system patches had no effect on the game. It was all just that first game update that glitched it...unless something in that first update and the system update clashed, somehow, but I doubt it.

Seik

Banned
Considering that not updating the game makes everything work fine, I'm pretty sure that Nintendo's system patches had no effect on the game. It was all just that first game update that glitched it...unless something in that first update and the system update clashed, somehow, but I doubt it.

Oh really? I didn't know this, my bad. I'll need to check this thread more often. :p

Kokonoe

Banned
It's fixed.

iPzytyi8KTw8Y.jpg

If I don't hear any more complaints about glitches, then I'll finally get around to updating the game. Hah.

Also, I'd just like to point out that I'm now just sitting here blasting the game's soundtrack while using my computer. Considering that I so rarely listen to game music outside of when I'm playing games, this just tells you how good this soundtrack is. It's just amazing.

Oh, and I think this might just be my game of the year. This game just seriously, seriously rocks. It helps remind me why I love video games so much, which is something so few games have done this generation, if you ask me. I absolutely adore this game.

multivac

So with multiple players being able to join in almost any mode in the game, is there a way to log in different Wii U user accounts? Whenever I add other players, they are just LoggedInUser (2) or (3), etc. I would love to log in another account on my Wii U so I can level up my characters. I know Black Ops 2 has this functionality, does anyone know if this game does, and if so, how to do it?

Did Shadow get a chest wax?

Heh. I've seen people post about that a lot of times on Miiverse. I have no idea what causes it, though, but it's really common. Maybe it's a loading issue? Who knows.

I've yet to play as Shadow on my un-updated copy, so I have no idea if it was like that before the update or not.

Tizoc

Apparently the Vita ver. is now available in Europe, hopefully we get some info about it in coming days.

Oh, it's out there? Hoping to see some impressions soon. If the Vita version is good, then I'll definitely be picking that version up...when I eventually get a Vita. Haha.

Or maybe I'll just get the 3DS version. Hah. We'll see.

Anyway, I meant to ask this earlier, but...why in the world does Pudding have some Ulala voice clips? The "Pudding!" and "It's freaky and I'm trippin' out!" are both Ulala voice clips.

Rlan

Is there any reason why the Swarm pickup occasionally says "Sky Tigers!"? Weird me out sometimes.

And fuck Expert Class Traffic Attack, right up.

I've kind of found a way around expert class races. Basically, if you're good enough to finish A class races, play as best you can. Then once you get an All-Star move, hold onto it. The normal hub-bub and rubber banding from regular racing will be in effect for the most part with others hitting others. Than on the final lap, with enough time near the end, hit the switch and boost your way to the finish line.

Kjellson

I played a cup when I went to bed yesterday, and I played ten times better than I've previously done. I think I'm finally getting a hand of this!

Anyway, why doesn't a single stage in the last cup have any transformations? Stupid.

meppi

Hmm, just tried playing it on just my gamepad and I'm getting no sound. :-/
I'm getting sound when I'm in the Wii U main menu and while I'm playing other games, but not in this game.

Through the TV everything is fine, but nothing from the gamepad.

Anyone know what's up? :(

EulaCapra

Hmm, just tried playing it on just my gamepad and I'm getting no sound. :-/
I'm getting sound when I'm in the Wii U main menu and while I'm playing other games, but not in this game.

Through the TV everything is fine, but nothing from the gamepad.

Anyone know what's up? :(
Gamepad is silent until you do off-tv play when you hold and swipe down the touch screen.

kitsuneyo

I just started the game on Wii U expecting to be notified of the patch, but nothing. I'm in the UK.

Does the patch improve online features in anyway? How about the pointless friend list?

I just started this and I'm embarassed to admit that, even as an Outrun 2 veteran, I couldn't for the life of me figure how to drift properly initially.
20 minutes of being stuck on the very first Drift Challenge and it finally clicked... fucking hell, lol.

Kokonoe

Banned
I'm thinking we should have a Tournament for the Wii U version. Well...not really a tournament, but we should have a few races with a full party of GAF members.

Smilax

I'm thinking we should have a Tournament for the Wii U version. Well...not really a tournament, but we should have a few races with a full party of GAF members.

I like this idea a lot. We should do this. Fund it, Kickstart it, winner gets all the World Tour Stars. :D [I wish lol]

Yeah, it would be cool to race with you guys, be better than just waiting for good room to pop up.

qq more

I just started the game on Wii U expecting to be notified of the patch, but nothing. I'm in the UK.

Does the patch improve online features in anyway? How about the pointless friend list?

The new patch is only for the NA version due to an earlier patch that broke the boost challenges. The EU version never had this problem, so you're good.

So does the online for this work well on Wii U? I have my eye on it for after I beat Mario, but a huge reason im looking at it is to try out the online.

So does the online for this work well on Wii U? I have my eye on it for after I beat Mario, but a huge reason im looking at it is to try out the online.

The game has a few online glitches acorss the board but otherwise it's quite playable and I never notice any lag.

kitsuneyo

No. It works terribly :( But maybe the new patch makes it better.

I would love to take part in some GAF races too :D

Top Bottom