• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed |OT| Everybody's Super Sonic Racing

Berg

lol, i thought there was no off-tv play on this until i accidentally swiped my finger down. I even looked in the settings for controller display.

Is there a start boost you can get if you time your gas right? like in MK you can hit gas at a certain time in the countdown and get a boost....is there something like that in this game?

Well, since the new update seems to fix everything, and I've heard no more complaints, I finally decide to update the game. Working fine so far. Now I can finally play online, which I couldn't before, since I never updated the game because of the glitches.

So does the online for this work well on Wii U? I have my eye on it for after I beat Mario, but a huge reason im looking at it is to try out the online.

I just played online for a little over an hour or so with the new update. It feels great to me. Zero issues in the time I played. Tons of fun.

I'm thinking we should have a Tournament for the Wii U version. Well...not really a tournament, but we should have a few races with a full party of GAF members.

I'm totally down to play this with you guys on here. ZXRockmanZX is my Nintendo ID.

I'm usually good to play any time but Wednesdays and Thursdays, except on certain occasions, like a moment ago.

Poetaster

Banned
lol, i thought there was no off-tv play on this until i accidentally swiped my finger down. I even looked in the settings for controller display.

Is there a start boost you can get if you time your gas right? like in MK you can hit gas at a certain time in the countdown and get a boost....is there something like that in this game?
Yes, you have to press and hold the accelerate button right before each number of the countdown. 3 2 1. It's a three stage boost so if you screw up on three but get two and one you'll get the second best boost.

My NNID is the same as here. I got the game this morning and it seems really fun. Would love to play some online but when I checked this morning I could only get into a game on my own haha.

kitsuneyo

Can someone run down the online changes the patch brings, since it's not live here yet? Does it add new options and functions, or does it just make matchmaking work better?

Can someone run down the online changes the patch brings, since it's not live here yet? Does it add new options and functions, or does it just make matchmaking work better?

You said you were in the UK, right? You guys already got the patch before us. :p

Our patch was mainly to fix some problems that our launch day patch messed up.

qq more had actually mentioned that last page...

I just started the game on Wii U expecting to be notified of the patch, but nothing. I'm in the UK.

Does the patch improve online features in anyway? How about the pointless friend list?

The new patch is only for the NA version due to an earlier patch that broke the boost challenges. The EU version never had this problem, so you're good.

Kokonoe

Banned
Alright, Saturday it is. (And possibly Sunday)
Be sure to check around 11 AM Central US time.

To see what time in your area, click this link.

---> [ Time for Sanic Racing GAF ] <---

I will start posting in this thread around that time to start getting everything setup and see all who's going to be there. We can keep it going a few hours too.

kitsuneyo

What a dope I am. I thought that since the online setup is so weirdly lacking stuff like game invites, that we were due a patch too. I guess there just aren't enough players to get a game then. The most I've ever seen in a lobby is 4, and yesterday I could only manage a couple of races against one other player. Hope it picks up!

Thanks for anwering my questions qq more, sorry I missed it!

That'd be 12 PM here. That's fine with me, as long as nothing comes up...which I doubt something would, but you never know. Hah. I'll try and make sure to be on then.

What a dope. Sorry, I missed that. I thought that since the online setup is so weirdly lacking stuff like game invites, that we were due a patch too. I guess there just aren't enough players to get a game then. The most I've ever seen in a lobby is 4, and yesterday I could only manage a couple of races against one other player. Hope it picks up!

I had a bunch of matches with 8 players just a bit ago, and I was playing around 9 to 11 AM here. I'm sure more people will be on later.

w00tkins

Vita Screenshots

A8B3K.jpg

tkLAARGfXVc.jpg

8zWGr69c3pM.jpg

2E29PnMAGMU.jpg

Tailer

Still good thanks, are you enjoying it? NVM! keep playing :p
The moment of irony that I'm playing LoL with my friends and during loading screen I'm playing SASRT XP, and the samba stage is lagging at certain places :/ not game breaking tho but it's slightly annoying since it happens at certain areas(two areas one short another one lasts longer).

Skyzard

Banned
The moment of irony that I'm playing LoL with my friends and during loading screen I'm playing SASRT XP, and the samba stage is lagging at certain places :/ not game breaking tho but it's slightly annoying since it happens at certain areas(two areas one short another one lasts longer).

Thank you for the warning!

Can't pick it up for a while now anyway...but not sure I want to at £35 if I'm going to get all upset like I did with Modnation...was it terrible lag during that stage?

Let us know if you notice more as well.. many thanks for the reports & hope you're still enjoying it.

Smilax

I will start posting in this thread around that time to start getting everything setup and see all who's going to be there. We can keep it going a few hours too.

Sounds good for me! Sweet, 11 is good. Just gotta make sure I wake up early lol. I should have nothing planned!

If any of you guys want to add me. My NNID is Smilax. :D

Tizoc

PS3GAF
When can we have a session and play together? Been asking this for WEEKS but I don't think anyone was up for any games =/

It's the WiiU version worth buying guys? Thx.

Yes it is, it's considered the best console ver. atm. Just make sure you update to 1.1.1 for better performance.

Het_Nkik

Oh man, the patch is finally up? Awesome. Will download on my lunchbreak so I can finally delve into World Tour mode after work.

Tailer

Thank you for the warning!

Can't pick it up for a while now anyway...but not sure I want to at £35 if I'm going to get all upset like I did with Modnation...was it terrible lag during that stage?

Let us know if you notice more as well.. many thanks for the reports & hope you're still enjoying it.

Nope mainly just in one area, put it like this used to AC3L lag yes then you won't bothered that much since its just for maybe 5-10 sec each lap on the same place then there is some minor lag in another place and that's it.

Smilax

Wow, the patch also changed the course design for Traffic Attack Ocean View. It's a bit easier now. Still tough though.

Sounds gooooood...*checks the time*

Ahhhh not so good! The perils of being a graveyard shift worker!

Vroom vroom Edit: Thank goodness I can be rid of the garbage default controller scheme. The second one is so better. Now to just play on a pad with less real estate in the middle.

So with multiple players being able to join in almost any mode in the game, is there a way to log in different Wii U user accounts? Whenever I add other players, they are just LoggedInUser (2) or (3), etc. I would love to log in another account on my Wii U so I can level up my characters. I know Black Ops 2 has this functionality, does anyone know if this game does, and if so, how to do it?

Are you sure Black Ops 2 has this functionality? I'd heard exactly the opposite, unless they changed it post-launch.

Accounts pretty much don't travel onto other Wii Us, they're stuck on the console they're made on. (There's been lots of fun discussions about the subject.)

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Are you sure Black Ops 2 has this functionality? I'd heard exactly the opposite, unless they changed it post-launch.

Accounts pretty much don't travel onto other Wii Us, they're stuck on the console they're made on. (There's been lots of fun discussions about the subject.)

Black Ops 2 does allow multiple local profiles to go online from the same console, so long as each of them has individually gone into multiplayer and created a Black Ops 2 save file before hand.

So I'd assume the functionality is already there, but it's up to developers to use it.

Sadly, logging in multiple local profiles for an online game is something many developers have ignored as unimportant this gen, on any console.

Top Bottom