• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed |OT| Everybody's Super Sonic Racing

pixelpushr

Neo Member
The Giant Bomb Quick Look of this looked pretty fun. Might pick it up since there has always been a lack of good kart racers on the Xbox.

Het_Nkik

Thread seems to have slowed down now that people aren't constantly asking for a patch. Although I think the patch messed with how some characters look maybe? Ulala looks like her entire body has been dipped in oil now. I don't remember her looking like that pre-patch but it has been over a week since I last played so I don't know.

Anyway, I was playing World Tour with my nephew and we learned that you can send items to each other. This really helps with beating some of the challenges. Just keep sending items to whichever of you is doing better to try to gain/stay in the lead. The All-Star isn't transferrable, though, so you can't super cheat.

It's a really cool feature, I think.

Thread seems to have slowed down now that people aren't constantly asking for a patch. Although I think the patch messed with how some characters look maybe? Ulala looks like her entire body has been dipped in oil now. I don't remember her looking like that pre-patch but it has been over a week since I last played so I don't know.

Ulala is my main...and she looked like that before any of the patches. :/

Except on certain tracks, for some reason. Same thing with Pudding.

Tizoc

OK how about we play a session on say Saturday morning/Afternoon, PS3GAF? I've got work the next few days but I'm free for a few games by then =)
My PSN tag is: Tizoc789

Revven

Are there a good amount of players for online on the Wii U version? Still deciding whether I should pick it up for it or not (don't have my Wii U yet, but I will be pretty soon). I kind of heard it's not very populated?...

Skyzard

Banned
For those that already purchased this on Vita on wednesday - can you still recommend this game at the price? It's back up for EU. Thanks.

nvm bought ;)

Oooh boy. War has broken out on Sega's forums as S0L has posted that some of the characters on disc weren't supposed to be on disc and are PC Exclusives

I understand why, though to be honest, the joke is too good not to share with Consoles and it's a bit mean spirited of Sega to not do so unless Valve is paying for the whole lot and not just the TF2 character. Hopefully they will see the stamping of feet and clawing at the door and see sense (As in release them down the line for consoles), but a little disappointing.

(Though S0L, ol' chap. Football Manager's been a PSP franchise as well till the 2012 version and was on 360 up till the 08/09 version so claiming that's a mainly PC franchise is a bit wide of the net)

Smilax

Are there a good amount of players for online on the Wii U version? Still deciding whether I should pick it up for it or not (don't have my Wii U yet, but I will be pretty soon). I kind of heard it's not very populated?...

It's alright, there are actually people playing online now, you just have to wait and find them, or just add friends and play with them.

Did the patch fix the online glitches?
I don't think so, I don't know if it had glitches

Just ordered this on a semi-whim for WU. Pretty excited!
Hey, you'll have fun, the patch fixed everything, so it's a pretty good game. :D

Am I crazy or did the patch fix the blurryness of the off screen play?

I have no idea, but I'll make sure to check it out lol

TaroYamada

(Though S0L, ol' chap. Football Manager's been a PSP franchise as well till the 2012 version and was on 360 up till the 08/09 version so claiming that's a mainly PC franchise is a bit wide of the net)

It's definitely a PC-centric franchise, I'd argue you are stretching more than he is.

Pretty infantile complaints, really.

I agree.

So PC gets 3 exclusive characters and the consoles get nothing? I think there is a valid reason to complain. Especially PS3. They have one less character than every other version already.

The TF 2 characters have to be exclusive to Steam, that's undoubtedly part of the licensing agreement for those characters. As for the rest, Sumo fucked up, they shouldn't have been on the disc. Pure and simple. Also, to SEGA/Sumo's credit, they tried to get exclusive first party characters on consoles but MS/Sony/Nintendo were largely indifferent afaik.

So PC gets 3 exclusive characters and the consoles get nothing? I think there is a valid reason to complain. Especially PS3. They have one less character than every other version already.

That one character being PC exclusive is perfectly understandable, even if the other console exclusive characters (Mii and Avatar) fucking suck, but the other two being exclusive blows because the console roster is mediocre and it needs all the help it can get. Sure, those two characters are more of a novelty than anything, but every little bit helps.

Like did we really need seven Sonic the Hedgehog characters?
And did we really need second characters that are pretty much exactly the same from Monkey Ball, Nights, and Space Channel 5?

JazzmanZ

Well that's stupid, people who hack into the games code on the 360 get to play those 3 extra characters, when in reality they're all supposed to be PC exclusives.

Meanwhile PS3 gets no exclusives and the Wii U gets the Miis...

Medalion

Banned
Just found out about a new patch for the Wii-U version, downloading as we speak

What sorta thing was this fixing? Whatever it is, it must be a very small patch cuz I am downloading this pretty fast

Smilax

Just found out about a new patch for the Wii-U version, downloading as we speak

What sorta thing was this fixing? Whatever it is, it must be a very small patch cuz I am downloading this pretty fast

It fixes everything that is broken I believe. That would be some World Tour challenges, and I believe the party mini games. Don't now if it does anything with online

Coxy

Oooh boy. War has broken out on Sega's forums as S0L has posted that some of the characters on disc weren't supposed to be on disc and are PC Exclusives

I understand why, though to be honest, the joke is too good not to share with Consoles and it's a bit mean spirited of Sega to not do so unless Valve is paying for the whole lot and not just the TF2 character. Hopefully they will see the stamping of feet and clawing at the door and see sense (As in release them down the line for consoles), but a little disappointing.

yeah I can understand TF2 but the others are a bit odd, I can understand them being exclusive to PC even but with nothing else getting anything when they have hugely requested exclusives it's a bit ridiculous to give one platform 3 unrequested exclusives

Tizoc

TBH I'm not too bummed about not getting the other 3 characters for PS3 or 360, I'm getting the PC ver. anyway (so long it's $30, otherwise, gonna wait for sale >o>), but I really hope S0L can talk SEGA into adding more DLC characters.

OctoWara289

Neo Member
Wii U version crashed on me even after the update. Love it... I rebooted game and the level worked fine thereafter. However, I was scared, waiting for it to TLJ3805FDLASIHATEUDJFRLAS94DF with pixels everywhere. :(((

Twinduct

Yeah enjoying the Vita version. Still getting use to the drifting system and just spend a good 15 tries to get first place on the first world tour race heh.

Tailer

Yeah enjoying the Vita version. Still getting use to the drifting system and just spend a good 15 tries to get first place on the first world tour race heh.
Wait, was it hard or medium? I urgh such a pain to type on android with SwiftKey on this forum.

Seik

Banned
So is the Wii u version worth it? I'd like to have some sort of racer on my Wii u eventually, and I'm tired of Mario kart these days.

I felt it was a breath of fresh air compared to the Mario Kart series, go for it.

That said, I really hope Nintendo will step their game up for the next Mario Kart because MKWii felt soulless imo.

1-D_FTW

That's kind of like me saying Madden is a PC franchise. Because, well, it began life on the PC. And up until Madden 08, it was released on PC. Kind of hard to say it's a PC franchise, however, when it's been 5 years since it had a release. Doesn't meet my qualification.

Tizoc

OK, PS3GAF-
Nocturnowl
Seven Force
Berordn
Coxy

...and me Tizoc, make 5 lol.
Alright gang I can be free at 9~9:30 PM GMT on Saturday if you're up for some online =)

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I felt it was a breath of fresh air compared to the Mario Kart series, go for it.

That said, I really hope Nintendo will step their game up for the next Mario Kart because MKWii felt soulless imo.

Mario Kart has been receiving surprisingly bargain basement presentation and such for a while now; the DS game was pretty great, but MK Wii and MK7 are stripped down.

MK is due for a bit of a new spin (pun not intended). Perhaps the necessity of moving up to a whole new level of visuals and technology will inspire them to reinterpret Mario Kart.

Nintendo is currently in love again with world maps (NSMBU, Sticker Star). How about a Mario Kart with adventure elements for the campaign, where all the tracks are placed on a map around an overworld?

Tried playing online today... all I got was 3 hard locks and some glitchy races. Bummer.

Still mucked up, then? I ended up selling my copy on eBay after all that. Hopefully its new owner will appreciate it more than I did! I find I enjoy sitting and listening to the soundtrack more than I did playing it. Still love the After Burner / Burning Rangers remixes!

Smilax

Still mucked up, then? I ended up selling my copy on eBay after all that. Hopefully its new owner will appreciate it more than I did! I find I enjoy sitting and listening to the soundtrack more than I did playing it. Still love the After Burner / Burning Rangers remixes!

Ok, it seems like the hard locks where because of Miiverse or something. However the glitchy races are still a problem. I agree with you about the soundtrack, it's pretty good!

Zomba13

Now I've played a fair bit of this on Wii U some thoughts.

How do I play off screen/ on gamepad? I see no option like Tekken.

I miss being able to buy unlockables with coins.
Can we even unlock/change music tracks for the courses?
I LOVE the Skies of Arcadia course. So good.
Add me on Wii U for a race sometime (Zomba13)

EDIT: Oh, how do I unlock Miis?

Top Bottom