• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emitan

Good thing tons of people bought Star Fox 64 3D insuring we get a new Star Fox game.

OH WAIT.

I had basically $40 to my name and spent it on that game so we would get a sequel :(

I would have gotten Starfox 3DS but I saw that they removed the slowdown in the MacBeth explosion. You know the one.

Without the slowdown the impact is just gone, I was also salty that the boss explosions were no longer spherical in shape.

Are these reasons stupid and shallow? Yes, absolutely. I can't help my feelings. (._. )

Adventure ReBirth is pretty great. Doesn't reach the highs of say, Rondo or Bloodlines, but still pretty solid nonetheless. I'd actually say it's closest to CV1, if anything.

I love the the OST is comprised mostly of some of the more obscure CV tracks.

Quackula

I know someone who used to insist that the classic Castlevania games sucked and that the series didn't really get good until SOTN.

I didn't like him much.

Anth0ny

SOTN is fucking incredible.

Couldn't really get into the other Igavanias, though. Overall I prefer the classic style Castlevanias. I wish Capcom would make another real, 2D Castlevania for the 3DS. LOS is a POS.

Emitan

SOTN is fucking incredible.

Couldn't really get into the other Igavanias, though. Overall I prefer the classic style Castlevanias. I wish Capcom would make another real, 2D Castlevania for the 3DS. LOS is a POS.

Why would Capcom make it? I mean, I wouldn't mind. But...

qq more

Don't know what you both are talkin' about.

capcomvania.png

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
I know someone who used to insist that the classic Castlevania games sucked and that the series didn't really get good until SOTN.

I didn't like him much.
Bet he doesn't like LoS either cuz its closer to old school castlevania. It does look like Igavania will be benched for a while.

Tizoc

Rockman XOver is as much a Megaman series game as that Chinese PC game. If you're gonna accept one, you'll have to accept the other.
Besides seems Japan liked it enough to have one of its music tracks fan remixed in an album.
Silly Biased Americans. ...and even if you're not an American I'm lumping you with them =V

The change of armor locations in MHX didn't bother me, but really it was only 1 Armor part. I personally get WHY it was even in the way, other than for introducing Dr. Light's AI hologram. Every armor part in later megaman x games were 'hidden'.
Besides MHX was the first X game I've beaten WITHOUT armor parts or getting the full armor, so that was a plus for me.

PS+...thinking about it.

Got both EU and US.

Back on topic though
So Sonic Racing Transformed has been VERY successful based on SEGA's recent report, and I can only see it selling more as time goes by, wouldn't be surprised if sells 2 million by the end of this year haha.

So the question is: what can SUMO do to make a successful sequel? Only thing that comes to mind right now is utilize the different route, different vehicle concept but make it so it balances out in that whichever route you take you can still win and not fall behind.

Tizoc

Good thing tons of people bought Star Fox 64 3D insuring we get a new Star Fox game.

OH WAIT.

I had basically $40 to my name and spent it on that game so we would get a sequel :(

I'll be getting Star Fox 3D later this year for the 3DS~
I also like to think that my purchase of Suikoden 1 has helped in speeding up the release of Suikoden 2 for PSN.

If Inafune was still at Capcom I feel like we would have gotten 8-bit remakes of MM7/8 by now. Feels weird having those games be 16-bit.

qq more

Okay Capcom is being kind of cool lately

OFF-TV PLAY IN MONHUN 3 YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

but I still think Capcom is terrible... just not as terrible.

I'd rather 9 and 10 had been 16-bit.

Mega Man 9 and 10 being 16-bit makes no sense. 16-bit isn't even iconic for Mega Man at all.

You know how everyone used to be a Sonic fan, and then they had the point around the time Adventure came out from which there became a more easily identifiable niche of "Sonic fans"?

Mega Man had that split when it went 16-bit.

Which I think is kind of stupid, because 7 and 8 are both fine games in their own right. And that's only counting the original series; X is much more fun to play, I think, and X4 is arguably even better (although the series is kinda meh after that).

qq more

You know how everyone used to be a Sonic fan, and then they had the point around the time Adventure came out from which there became a more easily identifiable niche of "Sonic fans"?

Mega Man had that split when it went 16-bit.

Mega Man 7 was awesome, why does it get so much hate?

BHZ Mayor

They might as well have made MMX9/10 in that case, if they were going for a 16-bit throwback. Which I'm surprised they never did, maybe it was more expensive.

Okay Capcom is being kind of cool lately

OFF-TV PLAY IN MONHUN 3 YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

but I still think Capcom is terrible... just not as terrible.

Mega Man 9 and 10 being 16-bit makes no sense. 16-bit isn't even iconic for Mega Man at all.

Well I say that because 7 and 8 were 16-bit, and it would've been consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom