• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nert

Seeing love for The World Ends With You always warms my heart. Excellent premise, excellent sense of style, excellent music, completely innovative approach to difficulty settings, completely unique and exciting battle system... I could go on and on.

I'm actually surprised at how many people who love VI hate VII because when I played VI I found the games pretty similar...

I played Final Fantasy VI for the first time this month and it basically feels like a SNES version of Final Fantasy VII. From a gameplay perspective, the characters were entirely interchangeable other than their unique abilities; Espers might as well be Materia. Both games push the cinematic/set piece angle in their storytelling, too, whereas a game like Final Fantasy V barely has a story. I happen to like Final Fantasy VII, for the most part, so I consider this to be a good thing.

Sega and SE cross over? Oh shit.

It's all been building up to this point.

As shadow would say THIS IS THE ULTIMATE.

Seriously though Hideki Naganuma and Takeharu Ishimoto on one soundtrack? Hell yes. All that funk would break my nose, but I would love it.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
It's all been building up to this point.

As shadow would say THIS IS THE ULTIMATE.

Seriously though Hideki Naganuma and Takeharu Ishimoto on one soundtrack? Hell yes. All that funk would break my nose, but I would love it.

What if we've been had. TWEWY is actually a prequel to JSRF. OH SHIT.

What if we've been had. TWEWY is actually a prequel to JSRF. OH SHIT.

images

kayos90

I seriously need my TWEWY sequel. I need to know what happens to Mr H. :(

Mr H is the man. I thought the world of TWEWY was very interesting. Not everything was wrapped up clearly and I'd love for SE to do more with it. Hilariously enough they want more of XIII and they retconned the XIII mythos in its entirety. ROFL.

I seriously need my TWEWY sequel. I need to know what happens to Mr H. :(

I'm scared of them making a sequel because I know they would find a way to fuck it up.

However, I actually do find the world of TWEWY really damn fascinating so I wouldn't mind them giving it a shot.

Of course if they made a sequel it would be iOS exclusive.

kayos90

I'm scared of them making a sequel because I know they would find a way to fuck it up.

However, I actually do find the world of TWEWY really damn fascinating so I wouldn't mind them giving it a shot.

Of course if they made a sequel it would be iOS exclusive.

Actually because of how TWEWY was modeled I wouldn't mind if the sequel was an episodic release for iOS. I think it'd be an interesting way of distributing a game. I say the same for XIII-2. There are some really clever ways to make narratives work in an episodic fashion and release it in the same way like TWD. It'd be interesting.

Pessimists rule this thread!

I don't think you can call yourself a Sonic fan after all this time and not be a LITTLE pessimistic. Maybe not Dark "hate all video games" Schala, but it pays to be wary. That's what Sega has taught me.

A pessimist is never disappointed, after all!

edit: beef pls

Actually because of how TWEWY was modeled I wouldn't mind if the sequel was an episodic release for iOS. I think it'd be an interesting way of distributing a game. I say the same for XIII-2. There are some really clever ways to make narratives work in an episodic fashion and release it in the same way like TWD. It'd be interesting.

I guess, it's just after spending all that time mastering dual screen combat and getting it, I would honestly rather have it for 3DS.

Maybe then I'd actually buy my own instead of borrowing my brother's all the time.

Yup.

Video games are terrible!

tumblr_m9snoc5vrF1revsmeo1_500.gif

kayos90

I guess, it's just after spending all that time mastering dual screen combat and getting it, I would honestly rather have it for 3DS.

Maybe then I'd actually buy my own instead of borrowing my brother's all the time.

If the online/eshop infrastructure for Nintendo wasn't complete shit I would be totally open for episodic release of TWEWY2 for the 3DS. As of now I don't want it.

Yup.

Video games are terrible!

Hahahahahaha.

They are terrible. Oddly last year ended with a barrage of shitty games that I had to play and review. All of the games I've played this year so far have been good. Surprisingly. Huh.

Last year was OK-ish for games! By which I mean it was good for catching up with stuff. Haha.

Mr H is the man. I thought the world of TWEWY was very interesting. Not everything was wrapped up clearly and I'd love for SE to do more with it. Hilariously enough they want more of XIII and they retconned the XIII mythos in its entirety. ROFL.

I just want them to do a new story that only involves the characters from TWEWY that you'd expect couldn't help but be involved (so Joshua and Mr. H, pretty much). But I could see them shoving Neku back into it again for no good reason.

There was that new character in the true ending of Solo Mix, so maybe that's a sign.

Megaman didn't want to come off the Moon anyway.

He's up there with two women and he's the only guy. He's having a grand old time.

;_;

kayos90

I've gone from loving AC2, to really enjoying Brotherhood, to being bored by Revelations, to not getting anywhere near the finish of AC3.

The law of diminishing returns, in action

Nah. AC3 is just not that great of a game. Revelations is good in the grand scheme of things because you normally don't see a video game character's life depicted in its entirety. Ezio truly is something special.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Capcom's sitting on a bunch of great IPs, yet does fuck all with them. Who does that remind me of?
Konami
Square-Enix
Nintendo
Sega
Etc.

I've gone from loving AC2, to really enjoying Brotherhood, to being bored by Revelations, to not getting anywhere near the finish of AC3.

The law of diminishing returns, in action
That's kinda how I feel. Except Revelations kind of somewhat redeems itself narratively in the end.

I'm expecting AC4 to suck. Bad. Real bad.
I'm very disinterested in it.

I'm expecting AC4 to suck. Bad. Real bad.

Suck seems to be the AC series standard so it's fine, being consistent is good.

I'm sorry but I really cannot get into these games, the historical integration is an interesting concept but I find them so boring

Emitan

Suck seems to be the AC series standard so it's fine, being consistent is good.

I'm sorry but I really cannot get into these games, the historical integration is an interesting concept but I find them so boring

But AC2 was SO GOOD! One of my all time favorites.

I couldn't get into AC2 when I played it, but I don't remember it being nearly as bad as AC3, which is the freshest one in my mind.

Nert

My favorite parts of Assassin's Creed II were the optional platforming areas that sort of felt like Prince of Persia. Running around the roof tops and scaling the buildings was a lot of fun, too. I would have liked that game for its setting, visuals, and soundtrack alone, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom