• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

qq more

I did it! I beat 8 games this month!

4 for Feb:
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga
New Super Mario Bros U
Mega Man III
Mega Man IV

Extended challenge for myself:
Trine 2
Rhythm Heaven DS
Sonic Blast
Rhythm Heaven Fever

Nah, you're good
But Asura's Wrath is structured like an anime and even has anime DLC, it's so anime in spirit!

No. Now go back to arguing about MegaMan!
Arguing over his will?

I did it! I beat 8 games this month!

4 for Feb:
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga
New Super Mario Bros U
Mega Man III
Mega Man IV

Extended challenge for myself:
Trine 2
Rhythm Heaven DS
Sonic Blast
Rhythm Heaven Fever
You defeated the Blue Marine Zone Boss?! If I recall I kept running out of air and gave up, it was the greatest giving up of all time.

qq more

But Asura's Wrath is structured like an anime and even has anime DLC, it's so anime in spirit!

Arguing over his will?

You defeated the Blue Marine Zone Boss?! If I recall I kept running out of air and gave up, it was the greatest giving up of all time.

I streamed it (but didn't post a link here) with voice commentary. And yes, there was lots of swearing in the level... but not the boss fight, it was the easiest part of that dreadful zone!

Good god that entire level was painful.

I'd say the boss was the least of his troubles!
I want to believe it was the bit in the first Blue Marine stage where there's like 4 pipes that all loop around the same area and the correct route solution was some shit like landing on this one small floating platform or else you got swept away by one of the many currents.
Or maybe, it actually gets worse in the next zone! No, surely not.

I streamed it (but didn't post a link here) with voice commentary. And yes, there was lots of swearing in the level... but not the boss fight, it was the easiest part of that dreadful zone!

Good god that entire level was painful.
You guys cliquing it up with your super secret meetings!
So was there a way to get air because I couldn't fumble my way into finding it.

qq more

I want to believe it was the bit in the first Blue Marine stage where there's like 4 pipes that all loop around the same area and the correct route solution was some shit like landing on this one small floating platform or else you got swept away by one of the many currents.
Or maybe, it actually gets worse in the next zone! No, surely not.

You guys cliquing it up with your super secret meetings!
So was there a way to get air because I couldn't fumble my way into finding it.

Next zone was easy thankfully. The final boss was extremely easy once you figure out the concept of it... but it was actually an interesting fight.

Back to Blue Marine Zone: Act 1 and 2 were extremely terrible confusing mazes. The boss fight was just annoying.

Also, to get air bubbles, you have to let Robotnik shoot the ground, it creates an air bubble. HAVE FUN GRABBING THE BUBBLE AND DODGING HIS MACHINE AT THE SAME TIME THOUGH!

Somehow I never had one hit the floor, he must've hit me every time one was angled down...oh damn, I suck, at Sonic Blast! OH THE HUMANITY!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Who doesn't love Dat soundtrack?
probably Schala
Why are you spreading lies about me? I like SotN's soundtrack.

AC4 got officially announced. I blame Schala.
I hate that they're sticking with that stupid family.

there is way too many anime avatars in this thread

sort it out guys
Mine's from a video game. So no.

It was a harrowing experience where I couldn't stand watching him fumble around and fuck up constantly that I had to start giving him hints.

I'm almost finished Rockman 4 Complete Works, so I'll be done my four as well when I finish up here.

HAVE FUN GRABBING THE BUBBLE AND DODGING HIS MACHINE AT THE SAME TIME THOUGH!
You were actually playing some of the bosses rather poorly.

qq more

You were actually playing some of the bosses rather poorly.

I got way too cocky because I remember them being really easy. I wasn't displaying my best for a while until the 2nd or 3rd try with Red Volcano's boss. I'll do better next time I stream the game... I hope.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Augh, just one more day and then I'll be free to play that game and finish it off. :/

I got way too cocky because I remember them being really easy. I wasn't displaying my best for a while until the 2nd or 3rd try with Red Volcano's boss. I'll do better next time I stream the game... I hope.
And here I thought it was your first time playing the game...!

qq more

And here I thought it was your first time playing the game...!

It wasn't.

There was a reason why I kept swearing about Blue Marine Zone prior to the stream. I think I played the game around the time we had the Sonic Generations thread as our "community" thread.

qq more

I never 100%ed it... and I didn't feel satisfied beating it. The game was too easy outside of Blue Marine Zone. I should get all Emeralds :X

Which stage in Sonic 3 + Knuckles has the most special stage rings for getting the hyper emeralds? My friend is just replaying Mushroom Hill over and over again to get the last ones, but I thought maybe there was an easier level to keep replaying.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I never 100%ed it... and I didn't feel satisfied beating it. The game was too easy outside of Blue Marine Zone. I should get all Emeralds :X
For some reason, I kept thinking to myself that this was your first time through. I dunno.

Squeezed in for 4 in Feb. Pain in the butt. Went with two games that just came up on the spot (Rockman 2 Complete Works; Rockman 4 Complete Works... and then Corpse Party: Book of Shadows, Fire Emblem: Awakening at the beginning of the month).

Didn't finish Ni no Kuni as I'd intended. Though to be honest, I don't think I'll play and finish it off in a hurry. I did learn that I'm not the only one who feels that the game is incredibly inadequate from a gameplay perspective (got some PSN PMs about it, so it kinda makes me glad that I don't feel like I have an utterly irregular opinion about it). I do intend to finish off Time Travelers, though. That game was longer than I'd imagined.

Which stage in Sonic 3 + Knuckles has the most special stage rings for getting the hyper emeralds? My friend is just replaying Mushroom Hill over and over again to get the last ones, but I thought maybe there was an easier level to keep replaying.

I know Mushroom Hill has the most but I always thought Angel Island's were all pretty easy to get to. There are four in the zone and none are super tough to get to.

qq more

Once you have all the Chaos Emeralds, you can grind the Hyper Emeralds in any zone with special stage rings.

Is this just for New Game+? Because you don't get the hyper emeralds until Mushroom Hill Zone. I tried and all I got were 50 rings.

...Maybe I should do a replay of that game for the 50th time haha

Is this just for New Game+? Because you don't get the hyper emeralds until Mushroom Hill Zone. I tried and all I got were 50 rings.

...Maybe I should do a replay of that game for the 50th time haha
Might be. I'm good at Sonic 3 & Knuckles, but I've never been so good as to get all the Chaos Emeralds and Super Emeralds in one go from a fresh save (although I probably could, if I just gave it a go). I tended to finish the game first and then do the Special Stages after the fact.

You do have to trigger the unlock of the Super Emerald Special Stages in a Sonic & Knuckles map (Mushroom Hill being the earliest opportunity to do so), but once that's done, any flashing Giant Ring will let you at 'em - and if all the Super Emerald Special Stages are unlocked, then all Giant Rings become flashing ones.

I think I could do that but I remember there was one trick stage for the Hyper Emerald where you had to essentially moonwalk backwards and quickly switch directions before running into a red sphere. That emerald was hell to earn.

I think I could do that but I remember there was one trick stage for the Hyper Emerald where you had to essentially moonwalk backwards and quickly switch directions before running into a red sphere. That emerald was hell to earn.

And it all starts flooding back, hate how the hyper emeralds decided that increasing the time it takes to just get into a special stage was a good idea.
Yes I know it was only like 10 more seconds, it's 10 more seconds too long! When you keep buggering them up it begins to grate.

Sciz

Super Emeralds.

Super Emeralds.

Marble Garden, Sandopolis, Carnival Night, and Mushroom Hill are the four most heavily populated zones, though MHZ is probably the easiest and most character-agnostic to navigate.

qq more

oh right

super emeralds

god damn it i always knew that, how did i called it hyper emeralds, i blame you fuckersssssssssssssss

Embarrassingly, I used "Hyper Emeralds" when I replied to Beef's post, but "Super Emeralds" when replying to qq more's.

So I was both wrong and right and didn't even realize it.

Oh man I remember when I thought that Tails and Knuckles would become Turbo Tails and Hyper Knuckles in the Sonic Heroes Final boss.

But nope! Here's some wimpy shields for those two!

Super Emeralds.

Super Emeralds.

Marble Garden, Sandopolis, Carnival Night, and Mushroom Hill are the four most heavily populated zones, though MHZ is probably the easiest and most character-agnostic to navigate.

Thanks Sciz, I'll give my friend this info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom