• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikkun

Advance 3 is pretty fun and Toy Kingdom is the absolute best zone in that entire game.

I liked the setting, Sega should try and do a different Sonic like Nintendo did with the Yarn series (maybe not so easy).

Also yeah, there are so many things put there just to kill you, I died like 3 times in a row just because of bad collisions with moving blocks, I WASN'T UNDER I JUST APPROACHED FROM THE SIDE

PS: first post awkwaaard

nGwjIbW.jpg

I liked the setting, Sega should try and do a different Sonic like Nintendo did with the Yarn series (maybe not so easy).

Also yeah, there are so many things put there just to kill you, I died like 3 times in a row just because of bad collisions with moving blocks, I WASN'T UNDER I JUST APPROACHED FROM THE SIDE

PS: first post awkwaaard

They could always go with an artstyle similar to Yoshi's Island, I think that'd be cool...a hand drawn simple style.

This your weekly PSA to play this these games (Aka Ratchet and Clank)

What other series plays the 1812 Overture while you use a weapon of mass destruction?

Village

I have come to appreciate SA2's soundtrack. I felt that a lot of the songs ( all of tails levels, a lot of sonic and shadows levels) were kind of... samey. At the same time there are alot of good tracks ( knuckles, rouge, eggman levels, some of the extra music) that make the entire audio experience memorable.

Listening to it again I can appreciate the songs for what they are.

Also Dive into the mellow sounds amazing screwed.

I'm not the biggest fan of SA2's OST (I prefer the variety of SA1's soundtrack, personally) but the tracks for Knuckles and Rouge's levels are the definite highlights for me.

Both are ridiculously cheesy. At least SA2 doesn't pipe in the character themes at full blast every two seconds... even if they are a lot better in SA1.

It's basically Emerald Coast versus Metal Harbour for me.
I feel as if SA1 probably has the better soundtrack as a whole but my heart says to go with SA2, it just has more of my favourites even if it's got more weaker tracks in the grand scheme of things.

Village

If we are doing SA1-2 soundtrack compariosns.

I would say 2 is better. The songs for the knuckles, rouge, and eggman stages are really good.

And then you have amazing songs sprinkled here and there Like supporting me and the base. To be quite honest the only music in sa1 I had a connection to, was the lost temple stuff.

That reminds me, I actually hate the mystic ruins adventure field theme, the vocal stuff really grates on me, I get what they were driving at but it just does not work for me at all on this occasion.

That reminds me, I actually hate the mystic ruins adventure field theme, the vocal stuff really grates on me, I get what they were driving at but it just does not work for me at all on this occasion.

I've never really cared for that theme myself either, for the same reason. The little segment that's devoid of of voices is okay, though.

Anth0ny

So thanks to that crazy Xbox points thread, I just went nuts on XBLA:

Perfect Dark
MVC Origins
Shadow Complex
X-Men Arcade
Guardian Heroes
Asura's Wrath DLC (the one where you fight Ryu, SF4 style)

all mine for like $20 :D

you guys have any xbla recommendations? preferably not stuff that's also available on steam, as I'll be picking those up during the appropriate steam sale.

I was so close to buying Sonic the Fighters... and I don't know why.

TheOGB

Banned
Do it, Anth0ny. You know you want to.

Sonic the Fighters is actually pretty fun online--better than dealing with Metal Sonic in Arcade mode. And it's a free 400 GS if you care about that :p

Hell, I'm still sitting on like 2500 MS points, I dunno what to buy either.

qq more

Somehow I managed to fix my sleeping schedule

somehow

Time to go back to Super Metroid!

EDIT: Oh thank goodness, the Wii U did a save point on Super Metroid before shutting off from lack of activity (I fell asleep one day playing it because I was too tired). Nice.

Kokonoe

Banned
gasp

how did you figure it out?! you know too much... GET HER

AAAAAAAaaaAAAAAAAH!!!

vTLG0Xv.jpg

Don't ever give up, my daughter.

..Father?

vTLG0Xv.jpg

Follow me, Koko.

-makes it out-

ALL AIRCRAFT REPORT.

Teach me your secrets, my pattern has been royally buggered for like 3 months straight.

I fix mine by just staying up longer till I fall asleep at the correct time. Making it there, though, that is where the battle begins.

qq more

LOL That made my morning. Thank you.

I fix mine by just staying up longer till I fall asleep at the correct time. Making it there, though, that is where the battle begins.

This is how I usually fix mine. It's the most effective (yet slowest) strategy too because it makes it harder to stay awake at night. But it's all worth it in the end.

Sleep in the cold I guess ( ´ ▽ ` )

I'm enjoying the colder weather while it lasts. It's going to be brutally hot in a few days... moreso than it was last week :(
Sleeping in the cold just confines me to the bed moreso, the warmth of the duvet is my shield against the sword of shivers.

AAAAAAAaaaAAAAAAAH!!!

I can hear Fox's scream from here, perfect.

Problem is i'll just end up sleeping into the latest periods of the morning, need to force myself to flop out of bed earlier but it's like the highest difficulty level, it's like "European Extreme" level difficulty, someone get me a poke flute.

Tizoc

My brother's coming back on Friday and bringing with him dat Triple DS XL.
First game I plan on playing is Mirror of Fate, since it's short and I can trade it off if I don't like it.
Will tell him to grab some 3DS games before he comes though.
For that matter, I want that 3DS Sonic 1 released to Western regions, come on SEGA!

That is an impossibility, sleep? earlier? shit I have enough trouble getting to sleep anyway, I envy those who can just switch off.

I used to go to bed until at least 1 am, but recently I've been aiming more for 11 pm due to my new job, since I need to be there by 9 am. Plus I like the thought of actually getting up a little earlier so I don't head to work completely exhausted.

Anth0ny

i used to sleep at 1am every night

then the dojo happened

since then, it's been 2:30 - 4:00 am every night. I've been trying real hard to fix that lately, but why do I get the feeling they're going to introduce a new Dojo for Smash 4 right as I get my sleeping back on track >_>

i used to sleep at 1am every night

then the dojo happened

since then, it's been 2:30 - 4:00 am every night. I've been trying real hard to fix that lately, but why do I get the feeling they're going to introduce a new Dojo for Smash 4 right as I get my sleeping back on track >_>

Oh is it time for Japan Time again?

For me the dojo updated when I woke up, good timing, lets keep that going.
As such I can't really relate to the tales of waiting up all night for an update only to get "you must recover!" or something equally as unexciting.
Also locked in the 2:00 to 4:00 period myself, time to try and shift back to an earlier waking up period (which will still be later than everyone elses I bet), too much sleep and I get that "sleep drunkeness" feeling which is not that grand I can tell ya.

So for no reason i've been listening to the daytime Shamar hub theme from Sonic Unleashed, why do I not remember this being so good?

I'm locked to the 12-to-2AM ET timeframe, myself. And I always wake up at 9AM, somehow. I'd rather it be 8AM, but presently, it is what it is.

I always wake up at 6.

Sometimes I immediately go back to sleep afterwords but my always always open at 6.

I like waking up early but I'm not a morning person,, what do you call that?

You don't remember a lot of Unleashed's bomb ass soundtrack, I remember we had that discussion!

Seriously one of the finest OSTs for any game ever.
Well you see when I do play Unleashed I just leap straight into the actual stages from the map and skip the hub areas, keeping in mind I don't touch the Werehog stuff either then that's like 2/3 of the soundtrack going unheard even when I bother to play the game.

I'm locked to the 12-to-2AM ET timeframe, myself. And I always wake up at 9AM, somehow. I'd rather it be 8AM, but presently, it is what it is.
This is the time period i'm wanting to re-adapt to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom