• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I like the Wisps when they're implemented well (ie: Colours and not Generations. Generations' implementation was a mess).

Games are a sport.

At least, they are to me... :(
Lightning Lord do you want to participate in my football pool

kn6f1nP.png

Neymar, Pirlo, pls

I'm not gonna lie. I'm more hyped for Confederations Cup more than E3. Sorry, video games. If only because I want to see Pirlo do this again:

pirlopen_displayb7dt1.gif

One of the prettiest goals I've seen this year. What an eloquent, cheeky little goal. :3

I thought the Wisps were okay when I first played Colors. Nowhere near as intrusive as I thought they'd be, and a lot of levels didn't need them in order to progress. I didn't really start liking them until I started going Red Ring hunting, and using them actually encouraged me to explore the levels more and find paths I wouldn't have necessarily taken if I were just blowing through the stage just to reach the goal. (Planet Wisp Act 4 is a good example of this: I didn't even know there was a high path through the level until I started collecting Red Rings.)

If they're implemented like they were in Colors and not like in Generations, I'll be fine with them.

Kokonoe

Banned
I like that jet thing in Sonic Generations, but I mean, I'm honestly still surprised Wisps were even in Sonic Generations. It wasn't a game designed around it, it was cool to see.

all that wisp hate...

What did you guys think of the Wisps in Colors? Personally I thought they were a fun addition and some of the powerups were fun to mess around with (such as Drill).

A good addition that help create alternative paths and alternative ways to approach areas in stages that aren't as complex in their layout as those seen in older Sonic games as well as offering a few moments to mix up the gameplay and keep things more varied.
I do not get the hate some have at all, well except Generations take on spikes.

As someone who never played that version of the game, how were the Wisps handled in the 3DS version of Generations? Was it as badly implemented as the console version, or something closer to Colors DS?

As someone who never played that version of the game, how were the Wisps handled in the 3DS version of Generations? Was it as badly implemented as the console version, or something closer to Colors DS?

As you guessed it was like Colours DS, they used the burst wisp from the handheld version, not sure what the other wisp was off the top of my head, i'm thinking laser.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
-sitting in the corner staring at a wall-

..... Soo..... how high are your expectations?
Waiting until E3, but the preview makes me feel better since it looks like they're trying to find a medium between slow and fast segments.

Still reserving for more gameplay videos and stuff.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/28/sonic-lost-world-taking-a-page-from-mario-galaxy

IGN said:
As mentioned, Sonic Team’s greatest challenge was maintaining a sense of speed for the series while finding controls that made sense. The result is now that, by default, Sonic doesn’t burst off with a tilt of the analog stick. He walks – until you use one of the GamePad’s triggers to engage his running speed. This too is actually not full speed. Holding down the second trigger will pull Sonic into a ball, giving him access to his full momentum, which Iizuka likened to the ‘Boost speed’ from previous titles. By creating a tiered structure to movement, Sonic Team is hoping players will be able to navigate the wide range of level designs, exploring and running as necessary.

Rolling confirmed?

Also, Tails, Knuckles and Amy are in the game.

The run button mechanic actually sounds pretty neat. And I'm surprised that the 3DS version isn't going to be a rushed 2.5D tie in.

Sounds like Sonic Team put a lot of thought into this one, can't wait to see more.

qq more

Also guys

guys

Imagine 3D Mario that looks at least as impressive if not more than Sonic Lost World

...and on Off TV Play too

hnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

Tirod

I have to say, Lost World is definitely not what I was expecting. I figured they would just iterate on the Unleashed style gameplay further given the response to Generations.

It looks so stylish and the idea of methodically juggling three different tiers of movement for successful runs sounds promising.

Really need to see the other levels they have in mind, the initial "green" zone reveals are rather bland to me.

iavi

My wish for Sonic has always been to have the kind of control over sonic that is displayed in the Sonic CD OP. Thought that Unleashed/Colors style play brought us 4 steps closer to that, but Lost World looks to be expanding that even further.

All I'm sayin is Stomp/downward dash better still be in, ya feel me.

I have to say, Lost World is definitely not what I was expecting. I figured they would just iterate on the Unleashed style gameplay further given the response to Generations.

It looks so stylish and the idea of methodically juggling three different tiers of movement for successful runs sounds promising.

Really need to see the other levels they have in mind, the initial "green" zone reveals are rather bland to me.

Sonic Team could have easily just made assets for new environments, designed some levels in the mold of the Modern levels in Generations and called it a day (Which to be fair, I probably would have been okay with), but Lost World seems to be filled with a bunch of ambition (relative to the rest of the 3D games) and forethought that to be honest, I didn't even think Sonic Team was capable of. I just hope they'll be able to follow through 100% on their vision for this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom