• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark1

I really don't see how Mario and Sonic at the 2014 Olympics should count as one of the 'exclusive titles' since they always have only been on Nintendo platforms.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
That Miiverse post is definitely a troll. I refuse to take those seriously after the "I found Metroid" post.

Also, just poppin' in to see how you guys are doin'. I'm just around for Tales Festival even though I just decided to go to sleep instead. Like I told Lightning Lord the other day, I miss SonicGAF. Y'all look like you're holding up well enough, regardless... and you're all behaving!

That Miiverse post is definitely a troll. I refuse to take those seriously after the "I found Metroid" post.

Also, just poppin' in to see how you guys are doin'. I'm just around for Tales Festival even though I just decided to go to sleep instead. Like I told Lightning Lord the other day, I miss SonicGAF. Y'all look like you're holding up well enough, regardless... and you're all behaving!

We always behave, Schala. Always.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
We always behave, Schala. Always.
...no, you don't. I've seen you all misbehave at some point. Especially Blaze/Sega1991. He's the biggest miscreant out of all of you. ;)

Professor Beef is the one who behaves the most.

Meanwhile, I almost finished the 5th stage in Sonic CD and then I got motion sickness, messed up while having to take a breather, and then had to exit the stage (from the menu so I can start it again later). Boooooooo. I had 1 more of those finicky things to destroy, too. I think the next two Special Stages should be a little easier.

-Started Hakuoki PS3, which is somewhat different from the PSP version because it has some added stuff!
-Finished Fortune Street (ie: unlocked everything)! I hadn't played an Itadaki Street in forever, so I was super-rusty.
-Halfway through Zero no Kiseki now -- damn fine music, even if it's remixed
-Almost finished Paper Mario: Sticker Star -- thank God I'm almost finished this so I can finally get it out of my hair
-Played a bit of Rockman X2 since I got it in the mail yesterday

It just amazes me how much I'm getting done in a game lately, even while I'm taking care of lots of stuff at home still.

That feeling when you lose progress in an RPG due to forgetting to save,
Playing Tales of Graces F, beat two tough bosses in a row, immediately get new areas lobbed in front of me on the map right after said bosses, do a bunch of optional tasks in areas suspiciously lacking save points, get killed by some self destructing chump in a gimmick battle in the last of these areas I visit and therefore get sent back to before the two bosses who then proceed to fuck up my shit 10 times more effectively than my original encounters causing me to initiate my very own mystic arte I like to call SORDID SWEARING STORM, thank God for cutscene skip as i'm now i'm back up to speed in a fraction of the time but still ARRRGH! I mean yeah it's my fault for not going to one of the million other areas with save points before exploring the unknown but seriously not one of these 4 odd areas I went to had a save point? /RAGE VENT

Otherwise i'm having fun, I think.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Ahaha, when I was much younger, that happened to me in FF8. The power went out, and I didn't save throughout the entirety of the Deep Sea Research dungeon after beating Ultima.

You bet I was pissed off!

Otherwise i'm having fun, I think.
I hope you are. It's still disappointing to hear how much you had to redo, though. -_-

I think I'm gonna head out for a few more days. I'm just glad to know you guys are doing fine (I hope you are, and if you're not, just vent in any way possible so you can expend the energy building up). At least you seem to be doing okay from what I'm catching up on. Don't misbehave, and keep your heads on straight, alright?!

Ah, that guy. Happened to me too. Probably the devs' douchiest move in the game.
The horrible feeling when I realised what was about to happen, that little pecker has earned his place in my personal videogame hall of infamy.

Ahaha, when I was much younger, that happened to me in FF8. The power went out, and I didn't save throughout the entirety of the Deep Sea Research dungeon after beating Ultima.

You bet I was pissed off!

Well at least a Power Outage makes you feel less shamed, granted possibly more annoyed by a cruel twist of fate.

Usually my limit of this occurring is playing a pokemon game and deciding "i'll save when i've healed in the pokemon center!" and then I turn off after hearing the heal jingle because my mind decided to misinterpret it as the saving chime, i've done that at least 2 or 3 times in the GBA generation games.

I hope you are. It's still disappointing to hear how much you had to redo, though. -_-
Once again it must be said all glory to the cutscene skip, I love how you can skip everything here from skits to standard conversations.

Well enjoy the rest of your break and all that, I might actually be done with this game by the time you return, maybe i'll have my own tome prepared for such an occasion.

Oh man, Taxman added like a whole new bit to Marble Zone Act 2 just for Knuckles. Fucking sweeeeeet.

This is the best port ever.
If he wanted to be a real hero he'd scrap the whole zone and redesign it from scratch but I guess this is a start.

Oh man, Taxman added like a whole new bit to Marble Zone Act 2 just for Knuckles. Fucking sweeeeeet.

This is the best port ever.

As Tails, I decided to fly up that one huge wall in Act 1 right before the game forces you to go left just to see if there was anything there, and behold, there's an alcove with an invincibility box in it. Gave me a nice chuckle.

Kokonoe

Banned

Alright...

I check the website after a few days because I was curious since I was hearing about slick Monster Hunter 4 3DS XLs and for gaming news, then a junior caused me to impulsively login and respond to the nonsense that was said.

Also, tiggerkiddo, how long do I have to wear this avatar?

As Tails, I decided to fly up that one huge wall in Act 1 right before the game forces you to go left just to see if there was anything there, and behold, there's an alcove with an invincibility box in it. Gave me a nice chuckle.

Still haven't played as Tails. I would have done, but seeing the Sonic & Tails option on the character select screen was too appealing. I'm guessing he breaks the game much like he did in Sonic CD, though.

Why Graces? why are you punishing me so? Hey i'm just going to touch this completely innocent sidequest/cutscene related star thing lying in a city area completely free of anything monster related...SUDDENLY SUPER DRAGON BOSS FOR NO REASON! oh cool he kills everyone in 2 hits and has an absolute ton of health, i'm dead, time to redo more stuff!
Well at least all I have to redo this time is a bunch of inn requests but even so, today just isn't my day.

Kokonoe

Banned
Speaking of all this Tales talk, figured it's time for me to give Tales of Symphonia a shot other than the few minutes I tried it when I was 12 years old many moons ago.

I recall the main character from Symphonia was in that Soul Calibur Wii game.

-edit-

Apparently there's a PS3 version coming out?

Got my laptop back from repairs. No more having to use my phone to browse the internet now!

Still haven't played as Tails. I would have done, but seeing the Sonic & Tails option on the character select screen was too appealing. I'm guessing he breaks the game much like he did in Sonic CD, though.

Well, I'm only on Marble Zone at the moment, but he doesn't break the game as much as I thought, so far. I'm guessing he'll break Labyrinth Zone the same way he made Wacky Workbench a piece of cake in CD, though.

I need to try out the Sonic & Tails mode. You can make Tails pick Sonic up and fly, right?

Why Graces? why are you punishing me so? Hey i'm just going to touch this completely innocent sidequest/cutscene related star thing lying in a city area completely free of anything monster related...SUDDENLY SUPER DRAGON BOSS FOR NO REASON! oh cool he kills everyone in 2 hits and has an absolute ton of health, i'm dead, time to redo more stuff!
Well at least all I have to redo this time is a bunch of inn requests but even so, today just isn't my day.

Ahaha, I'm guessing you mean the Valkines guardians? Same shit happened to me, heh. (There's three of 'em, IIRC.)

Speaking of all this Tales talk, figured it's time for me to give Tales of Symphonia a shot other than the few minutes I tried it when I was 12 years old many moons ago.

I recall the main character from Symphonia was in that Soul Calibur Wii game.

It's not too bad a game. A little archaic compared to other 3d entries, but it also has the benefit of no Free Run option breaking the game.

Kokonoe

Banned
It's not too bad a game. A little archaic compared to other 3d entries, but it also has the benefit of no Free Run option breaking the game.

Well, it seems charming enough and the only way I can play any 3D Tales game at the moment is on my Gamecube, bet it'll look great with the cel-shading in Dolphin emulator. I was liking Vesperia before I lost my save file.

I remember watching a review for the game on G4 a loooooong time ago and that Tommy Tallarico guy not liking the game because he didn't want to make sandwiches. lol

I don't think so... :(

Just tried, and it looks like you can! You have to hold up, then press jump to make Tails fly, then just jump into his grasp.

VmOo5N5.png

Man, this port has everything. Going to try to see if I can download the Bluestacks thing to play it on my PC.

Kokonoe

Banned
Definitely should get bluestacks, be sure to login to your account and it'll let you download it right from there. Also, download XPadder if you're going to use a controller to map out the keyboard stuff.

Just tried, and it looks like you can! You have to hold up, then press jump to make Tails fly, then just jump into his grasp.

Man, this port has everything. Going to try to see if I can download the Bluestacks thing to play it on my PC.

Ah, sweet! Glad that's in there.

I hate Scrap Brain 3. Who asked for another Act of Labyrinth Zone, exactly? :(

Are Sega still sticking with their limited franchise pool that they feel are guaranteed money makers these days? Kind of dampens any Sega related hype for me if they are, unless maybe they can spinoff say Football manager into another genre, Football Manager Adventures, his team have been kidnapped and scattered across 11 different countries, Football Manager must reclaim his players before the big match against his rival team in this rollicking globe trotting adventure.

qq more

Are Sega still sticking with their limited franchise pool that they feel are guaranteed money makers these days? Kind of dampens any Sega related hype for me if they are, unless maybe they can spinoff say Football manager into another genre, Football Manager Adventures, his team have been kidnapped and scattered across 11 different countries, Football Manager must reclaim his players before the big match against his rival team in this rollicking globe trotting adventure.

Will it involve dinosaurs somehow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom