• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.
everyone is leaving my kingdom

this will not do
Gods! Hear that which I desire! Expose this thread to the views of the people once more! Let them come forth! Give Sonic GAF to ME!!!

I've got an idea.

Hey, everyone! We're changing the SonicGAF anthem from "Nocturne" to "Nocturne"! Won't this help?
Yes, now I can wear my username with pride again.

What kingdom?

People are leaving?

Where are they going?

Can I go?
in order
- Beef's crumbling community kingdom
- Yes
- Somewhere far away from Beef's corrupt reign
- No you cannot

qq more

You forgot your password again

no it's just giving me a weird error

"The system doesn't recognize where you're
logging in from. You must check your e-mail
and register this machine using the code inside."

but I'm on the same computer and it's not sending me any emails no matter what I do

no it's just giving me a weird error

"The system doesn't recognize where you're
logging in from. You must check your e-mail
and register this machine using the code inside."

but I'm on the same computer and it's not sending me any emails no matter what I do

Ask on PSO World because I'm not really sure about that issue.

Ah i'd love to be able to pelt out various Mario athletic themes on the piano (that includes Yoshi's Island athletic), it would be a good old fun time I bet, well if you have the capability which I certainly don't considering I don't know zilch about playing an instrument, one day...

I was enjoying the hype. Sure, the majority of posters seemed like FUCKING LUNATICS but there was still cool guys.

Now me and spindashing have no place to get hype. ;_;

PKrockin

OK so I bought Sonic CD, SA, and 4 Ep1 & 2 on PSN. Shadow the Hedgehog, Black Knight, Secret Rings, Unleashed, Heroes and Generations are on the way.

Some $80 wasted on mostly bad Sonic games all because I listened to the SA2 soundtrack out of boredom and got nostalgiac.

OK so I bought Sonic CD, SA, and 4 Ep1 & 2 on PSN. Shadow the Hedgehog, Black Knight, Secret Rings, Unleashed, Heroes and Generations are on the way.

Some $80 wasted on mostly bad Sonic games all because I listened to the SA2 soundtrack out of boredom and got nostalgiac.
Play Shadow the Hedgehog first. Just to get it out of the way and make eventually playing Generations even more wonderful.

Village

Hmm speaking on 3d game soundtracks, are there any good remixes to those songs?

PKrockin

Play Shadow the Hedgehog first. Just to get it out of the way and make eventually playing Generations even more wonderful.

Too late, I actually already started Sonic 4 because hey this is a followup to my favorite game in the series, 3&K, right?

Nope. It's a pretty uninspired rehash of a bunch of old Sonic setpieces. Maybe they're trying to pay homage to the old games but it feels like crossing the line into retread territory. I had to stop at Mad Gear or whatever, the fourth Zone, because I played Act 1 and it was almost exactly Metropolis Zone. So many moments where you just homing attack a line of enemies... I wouldn't need a homing attack anyway if I could just accelerate faster from a standstill. The music is pretty disappointing too. It's not horrible, just really mediocre and unmemorable.

Hmm speaking on 3d game soundtracks, are there any good remixes to those songs?

I really don't know, I haven't been "into" Sonic since the early 2000s. It's a good soundtrack though, lots of good stage themes like Metal Harbor, Prison Lane, etc.

If he has to reach that point before he can "enjoy" it, it's not woooooooooorth it.
Well, I mean, if he is playing through them all, I'm suggesting the lesser of two evils.

Too late, I actually already started Sonic 4 because hey this is a followup to my favorite game in the series, 3&K, right?

Nope. It's a pretty uninspired rehash of a bunch of old Sonic setpieces. Maybe they're trying to pay homage to the old games but it feels like crossing the line into retread territory. I had to stop at Mad Gear or whatever, the fourth Zone, because I played Act 1 and it was almost exactly Metropolis Zone. So many moments where you just homing attack a line of enemies... I wouldn't need a homing attack anyway if I could just accelerate faster from a standstill. The music is pretty disappointing too. It's not horrible, just really mediocre and unmemorable.
I liked Episode II, at least! It's not Genesis levels of platforming but still.

Perfect Sonic 4 summary right there, though I do at least like Mad Gear Act 3 and its music was one of the few more passable tracks.
My praise ends here, it's uninspired and underwhelming, Episode 2 is a little bit better but then it shits the bed with its overly drawn out boss battles that take up like half the playtime.

PKrockin

You should just use Secret Rings as a coaster the moment it gets there. Has better value that way!

No way, I paid a whole dollar for each ring in hand, and I'm going to get my money's worth.

Well, I mean, if he is playing through them all, I'm suggesting the lesser of two evils.

I liked Episode II, at least! It's not Genesis levels of platforming but still.

Isn't Black Knight really short? Can't be that bad. I will say the cover looks kinda cool for some reason, although I don't know how in the hell using a sword could possibly work in a Sonic game.

No way, I paid a whole dollar for each ring in hand, and I'm going to get my money's worth.

Isn't Black Knight really short? Can't be that bad. I will say the cover looks kinda cool for some reason, although I don't know how in the hell using a sword could possibly work in a Sonic game.
It is. But the controls are real...bad from what I remember. I like Sonic and I like swords but I didn't enjoy the game that much at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom