• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Actually, the script in FF4 isn't as fucking braindead as Time and Eternity's.

Also I know how to speedrun FF4 anyway, so the pain could be over within just a few hours.

So, yeah. Beating this shitty game cuz someone forced my hand when they said it was pretty good and that it deserves some respect. Or something. No, cutting corners a million times doesn't call for me to respect a video game. It forces me as a player to friggin' waste my time.

Actually, the script in FF4 isn't as fucking braindead as Time and Eternity's.

Also I know how to speedrun FF4 anyway, so the pain could be over within just a few hours.

Your continued playing of badness has dulled you to IV's greatness I see, so sad...you'll see the light soon enough.

PKrockin

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m78nd1mD6L1rb5dcbo1_500.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
Can someone tell me what the point of these gifs is? There's absolutely no reason it needs to be animated. He's just saying the words at the bottom of the screen as you'd expect anyone would. There's nothing about the visuals or context represented in the picture that makes it any funnier or more interesting.

Can someone tell me what the point of these gifs is? There's absolutely no reason it needs to be animated. He's just saying the words at the bottom of the screen as you'd expect anyone would. There's nothing about the visuals or context represented in the picture that makes it any funnier or more interesting.

...It's a tumblr gif. I wouldn't read too far into it.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Well, it was too late for me to cover it in my playthrough of FF4 last year, someone did discover a new MP overflow glitch in August or so. I detailed it somewhat here in the SGDQ thread.

Kinda want to try it out myself, but I don't want to play FF4 for the next decade or so considering I played FF4 DS in 2008, FF4 PSP in 2011 or whenever it came out, and FF4 SNES for the GAF playthrough thread.

I don't know, man. I just looked it up and it was one of the first things that appeared so I grabbed it. There isn't some deep, hidden meaning behind it all.

Because some of us aren't that good at reading lips, ok? :(

Noi

Yo, get rid of that Sly 2 disc. Almost as bad as that other second game that shall not be named.

*remembers the tank from Chapter 5*

No, it's worse.

h1SQQo4.gif

SPEAKING OF BAD #2s, no more Warrior Within for now. It's starting to get real stupid.

Noi

It's... divisive. I personally think it's the worst game in the series. Atrocious pacing, hub maps that are way too big and poorly designed for even Sly to get around, ends a whole 50% more game later than it has any reason to extend itself, and has some of the worst missions in the series.

I went through all of Sly 4 last month, and despite being based more around 2, Sanzaru took everything I hated about it and made a really good game. I'd rather they keep making Sly games instead of Sucker Punch.

Edit: If I had to rate my preference for the series, it's 1 = 4 > 3 >>>>> Doo Doo >>>> 2

I never even got past the first heist in Sly 2. The game was so boring to me.

Then again it had to compete with GTA:SA for my attention so that couldn't have helped it either.

BHZ Mayor

Personally I feel like Sly 3 is only better than Sly 2 by virtue of being shorter. 2 just drags and drags and drags and drags and drags.

I should probably play Sly 4. But I'm too busy trying to platinum the Ratchet collection. Going Commando is done. Funny thing about that, back when I first played it, I was so intimidated by the high prices and the platinum bolts from the space races (I figured out that all you have to do is aim your crosshair at the rings to get through them all) that I didn't even bother with too much of the challenge mode. But ironically I 100%'ed this game quicker than any of the other games in the series.

And who thought the million bolts trophy for Ratchet 1 was a good idea?

Noi

And who thought the million bolts trophy for Ratchet 1 was a good idea?

I don't know what I'd do if the taunter glitch wasn't in the game.

Man, I played through all of the Ratchet trilogy for the first time last year. Better than most games this gen, still hold up great even with Ratchet 1's lack of strafing and is one of the few PS2 trilogies where all 3 games are legit good.

Sly got really annoying whenever it forced me to not as Sly. I don't care for the MURRAY or Bentley's gameplay. At least Sly 4 had me mainly playing as Sly or one of his ancestors. They were fun to play as but Bentley and the MURRAY...just leave those guys at the hideout.

Noi

Sly got really annoying whenever it forced me to not as Sly. I don't care for the MURRAY or Bentley's gameplay. At least Sly 4 had me mainly playing as Sly or one of his ancestors. They were fun to play as but Bentley and the MURRAY...just leave those guys at the hideout.

I didn't mind playing as either in 4 cause Sanzaru were actually smart about it and fixed up the problems with them in previous games. Neither of them are as mobile as Sly, so their Job locations are much closer to the hideout. Jobs automatically put you back in the hideout, so you don't have to drag their asses back either. Murray basically destroys everything he touches with ease, which is what he should do. Bentley can take out enemies both from a distance and up close while sneaking, so he never has to go into direct content with enemies unless you're being dumb. And even then, you only have to play as them 1-2 times per Heist tops.

Compare that to Sly 2 literally taking away Sly and Muray and forcing you to play as Bentley for half a heist. Uggggghhhhhh.

Village

I liked sly 4 the best, the ancestors were quite fun, I feel like more could have done, but budgets. Maybe the idea can be expanded in a future game, maybe a decendent of sly coopeer.

One of my issues with the game is its lengnth ( again budget) and I didn't relly like the gameplay for ainchent acnestor much. Another one is more of the fans side people complaining that the fox lady.. well never mind its dumb anyway.

Noi

I liked sly 4 the best, the ancestors were quite fun, I feel like more could have done, but budgets. Maybe the idea can be expanded in a future game, maybe a decendent of sly coopeer.

One of my issues with the game is its lengnth ( again budget) and I didn't relly like the gameplay for ainchent acnestor much. Another one is more of the fans side people complaining that the fox lady.. well never mind its dumb anyway.

You mean
Penelope turning into a villain? That particular decision didn't exactly make me happy either, but I let it slide. :/

Thieves in Time is definitively the best in the series, yet there are still some things I prefer in Sly 2/3, such as the atmosphere and story (4 had the weakest in my opinion, but that's probably because they want that to set up another game) and the heists and their build-up were much better. I guess my main problem with Thieves in Time I'd that they played it too safe to the point where it feels like they're wasting a bunch of potential.

I enjoy all the games, but for me: Thieves in Time > Band of Thieves > Honour Among Thieves = Theivius Raccoonus.

Village

You mean
Penelope turning into a villain? That particular decision didn't exactly make me happy either, but I let it slide. :/

I had forgot about that, I disliked that too. Like seriously
You just wake up turn evil and then decide its for the betterment of your boyfriend. That was so weird, but it was sad because after than we got a sad turtle.

But I mean.. well, sly cooper is a series staring anthropomorphic animals and peoples insecurities pop up when games sta anthropomorphic animals. Primarily about the ...is it Carmelita? Yeah her.

I had forgot about that, I disliked that too. Like seriously
You just wake up turn evil and then decide its for the betterment of your boyfriend. That was so weird, but it was sad because after than we got a sad turtle.

I guess I'm the only person that wasn't update by this since
I didn't really care for her to begin with :p
. I was more upset with
Dimitri taking a side role through out the whole game. I mean, thank God he isn't playable, but at least let him speak
!

But I mean.. well, sly cooper is a series staring anthropomorphic animals and peoples insecurities pop up when games sta anthropomorphic animals.

I hate this, too.

Why do people have such an issue with anthros when most classic animated films...had them??

It seems that the greater exposure of anthro art of various styles in modern times has managed to shift the perception of such things so that now it's inherently bad or creepy to a fair few people if something is anthro.

I beat the SNES a looooong time ago on my long gone copy of the game, then beat it on GBA. I bought it on VC and PSP as well, and got bored and quit both playthroughs. I think I quit both versions at roughly the same spot, actually.

Would you like my non-working Super Famicom copy?

Nah, it's okay. There's a store nearby that's had it for relatively cheap, I've just been lazy about picking it up. Thanks for the offer, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom