• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my brother let me know about this shirt...I don't really wear videogame shirts anymore but this is so tempting...though it'll just sit in the closet and look pretty

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Tacky.

Errrr, but I've been told that I, uh, dress in mostly business casual unless it's the summer where I go with summer dresses/skirts/tank tops, so... uh... maybe my style's just different.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I can probably say from my observing the Saltybet thread that Coldman and Noi are terrible at betting.

And yep, watching that SNST stream now. I watched the Scrooge McDuck bout the other day with Bean and laughed lots.

NotLiquid

I have no qualms with Wisps being a "permanent part" as long as they implement them properly. They're really just power ups. Most of them are good ideas executed in a run-of-the-mill way. Thankfully the best ones from Colors (bar Rocket) seems included in Lost World and the new ones look interesting.

I really wish they brought back Cube and instead made it control like a bounce attack. Keep the properties of block-changing but make it smoother and faster. That way you can get some really dynamic movement going with platforms switching as you move.

Also the new Lost World trailer at SoS looked great. The Jungle level looked fantastic, and I like how the desert level looks big and as if it's leading up to the segment where the level is 2D. Sonic finally tying together levels again?

I can probably say from my observing the Saltybet thread that Coldman and Noi are terrible at betting.

And yep, watching that SNST stream now. I watched the Scrooge McDuck bout the other day with Bean and laughed lots.

A lot of those characters are just super unpredictable. I guessed correctly that Kamek would be insanely OP, but stuff like Kyle or Evil Dan... :/

PKrockin

Tacky.

Errrr, but I've been told that I, uh, dress in mostly business casual unless it's the summer where I go with summer dresses/skirts/tank tops, so... uh... maybe my style's just different.

You're not alone. That's what I'd do if I didn't have a job that has me wearing coveralls 12 hours a day. Somehow I enjoy dressing up, to an extent.

At any rate, I own a good half dozen+ Nintendo-related t-shirts (none of which I bought myself, in my defense) and even I don't think that shirt is any good.

I really wish they brought back Cube and instead made it control like a bounce attack. Keep the properties of block-changing but make it smoother and faster. That way you can get some really dynamic movement going with platforms switching as you move.

They cut Cube? That's a bummer. That was one of my favorites, and I agree with you here that they could have changed the implementation of it a little and it would have been great.

Iizuka just said at SoS that Wisps are now a permanent part of the series...

I knew from the minute they were introduced in Colors that they were ST's way of keeping the gameplay styles of the other characters around without creating "shitty friends" and drawing the ire of the "Sonic should never evolve past 1991" crowd. Just disguise them as goofy power ups and no one will notice, rite?

qq more

Why the hate for wisps?

Also Cube was great, even though it kind of breaks the pace, but I like the whole idea of it being like the P-Switch from Mario

Village

I knew from the minute they were introduced in Colors that they were ST's way of keeping the gameplay styles of the other characters around without creating "shitty friends" and drawing the ire of the "Sonic should never evolve past 1991" crowd. Just disguise them as goofy power ups and no one will notice, rite?

Eh, I dunno about all that , They have yet to have enough appearances for that to happen. However there was this cat from sega from America who had something during a demo that.. was kind of weird.

BasilZero

So I see this thread for the first time. XD.

Anyways, managed to get Sonic Action Pack off of Steam back in May (and SA2 during steam summer sale).

Finally finished ALL of the sonic games.

What a great experience. Wonder what the next Sonic game will be that comes out on Steam- Heroes?

Even though Butter Building lacks its cool rotating tower, the remake has Metaknight mode and co-op play apparently. Sounds great!

I dunno, I played Nightmare in Dreamland first and didn't really get into it that much. When I finally played Adventure I enjoyed it far more than I thought I would.

Just play Nightmare in Dreamland instead of Adventure, it's so much better.

Co signed.
Adventure's frame rate woes and inability to float with the jump button make its control kind of shaky at times, NiD is worth the nod for solving these issues alone.
Co-op Boss Rush is also all sorts of awesome but understandably that's not an option that's likely available to anyone here.

qq more

Is co-op limited to just boss rushes?

Not like it'll matter to me because I have no one to play with anyways, but just curious.

You can play the whole game in co--op, it's just that boss rush overtook it as my co-op mode of choice, probably because standard Kirby gameplay doesn't really benefit or change much with multiple players.

qq more

You can play the whole game in co--op, it's just that boss rush overtook it as my co-op mode of choice, probably because standard Kirby gameplay doesn't really benefit or change much with multiple players.

Man, that's badass. Co-op mode for Kirby Adventure... sounds like the definite version.

Yeah, Nightmare in Dreamland is pretty much the definitive version (and hell, the definitive Kirby game). It doesn't make the original obsolete the way Zero Mission does (though that's more due to Kirby's Adventure holding up much better than Metroid) but there's not much point playing KA when you can get NiD.

Unfortunately my copy of Nightmare in Dreamland disappeared somewhere in the house a couple years back and I haven't been able to find it since.

Tizoc

I don't know whether it was the GBA game or Melee that made me like Kirby...but he's a cute and adorable little fella X3.
angrehkirby.gif

How can ya hate a puffball like that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom