• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMERG0D

Shame they likely won't fix up the translation. You literally need a guide to progress at points because the script is so fucked up that you won't know what to do.
Oh well that's no good, I'll wait for the first game then. HCBailly is LPing it atm so I kinda want to check the series out.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
The first game was surprisingly published by Squaresoft, and it's because Capcom didn't have much familiarity with text-heavy games. Ted Woolsey did the localization.

Tons of Capcom Easter eggs in BoF1, too.

Edit: beaten by Seven Force.

Anything that has Phoenix Wright, Amaterasu, Sissel, and a little angry cartoon Asura in it literally cannot be bad.
Lets enjoy this brief moment in time where Sissel and Asura are barely relevant enough to have these brief moments of visibility before they get plunged into the depths of the Capcom back catalogue never to see the light of day again*.

I want to see a chibi Agrippa, remember Agrippa guys? nope? just me then?

*Until they're revived for something like Asura's Anger Management app

Shame they likely won't fix up the translation. You literally need a guide to progress at points because the script is so fucked up that you won't know what to do.
Fortunately, being the Wii U VC and not the Wii one, you get an informal guide with every copy, in the form of Miiverse.

qq more

(≖‿≖ ) (ღ˘‿˘ღ) (✿ ♥‿♥) Capcom is the best company ever and treats their fans right! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (-"‿"-) ( ≖‿≖)

qq more

You could also just use the Wii U's browser. It's very convenient.

Also, is it wrong that the bad translation got me very interested in BoF2? :lol

Was the GBA version different in terms of a localization? I've actually never played that version.

Nope, a straight port. I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom only ever had the rights to re-release/port the game in a physical format since digital wasn't even a thing for them to consider when they were working out how they were going to handle the game with Square, and attempting that would would probably require negotiations with Square and such.

Noi

Was the GBA version different in terms of a localization? I've actually never played that version.

Nope! Same garbage translation. Aeana is providing choice quotes in the thread for it.

Ej62oER.png

xS14bB8.png

CWmriZc.png

8HlbeiD.jpg

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Hahahahahahahaha! Capcom gave no fucks, but I'm not surprised considering the company doesn't know how to spell its own name.

Also, is it wrong that the bad translation got me very interested in BoF2? :lol
Then why the hell haven't you played Suikoden II yet?

Tizoc

Hahahahahahahaha! Capcom gave no fucks, but I'm not surprised considering the company doesn't know how to spell its own name.
BoF 1 and 2 pre-date that.

Then why the hell haven't you played Suikoden II yet?

In my case I'm waiting for the US PSN release.

At least there's some good news today. I've never played the series so I guess I'll give it a shot.

Oh come on, BoF 3 on US PSN Capcpom, I'll give you $10 for it!

Back in 09 or so, when Gamestop still sold used GB carts, a bunch of them in my area had all 5 games for around $20 a pop. Still kick myself to this day for not picking them up then.

Ordered Rockman World 5 yesterday though, so I'll probably get the other 4 soon, too.

qq more

MM2GB shits all over MM1GB. That is fact.

Neither game is good though (though MM2GB is not bad either, terribad music aside)

Eh, I'm the opposite. I think the first game is a half decent, if cheaply designed game whereas the second game is a boring piece of shit with no redeeming factors.

...Still going to get it to have the whole collection, though.

Hearing John Carmack namedrop Sonic is weird.

(Context: he's talking about the nVidia Shield, which is bundled with Sonic 4: Episode 2)

TheOGB

Banned
God fucking dammit!

Make it for the Vita and 3ds as an excuse for super cutsy chibi stuff, I would buy it.

Capcom Allstars: pocket fighters. I want a Uncle Dante alternate, I would only use best dante in combat.
Exactly

Let me put it this way. This is what Capcom calls an Onimusha game. BoF6 falls under the same "house" of browser games.
Oh god, that's how that "plays"? D:

Noi

good lord a realm reborn can't come soon enough. I'm dyin'

I made a handsome cat devil to play as on the benchmark

GP52G8S.png

Noi

Team Dark is the best.

Excuse me while I resume playing Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, the best game ever made.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I dunno. It's raining here right now, and it's been raining for the past few days now and I've just totally felt out of it. :/

...doesn'thelpthati'mplayingtimeandeternity.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m78nd1mD6L1rb5dcbo1_500.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
Oh, someone was saying that the game was really good and that it's getting more hate than it deserves and that it's pretty original.

I'm fairly certain that in order to adequately refute that I need to beat Palette Swap: The Game. I've also learned that some of the sidequests in next chapters are basically the same as sidequests in previous chapters. Also, the story repeats yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom