• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

qq more

apparently it's not even called Layton 7 and the 7 refers to the characters, so it's not a mainline title... just a spinoff?

i'm very confused

qq more

That reminds me I've never got any of the 3DS Layton games. I've been meaning to... I need to get them before PL VS PW comes out.

Clearly it's been quietly cancelled after the backlash told Capcom that fans would only buy physical copies, which Capcom has no interest in ever producing.

Tizoc

So level with me, which font do you guys prefer?
1socPJx.jpg

J0DtHKO.jpg

...and yes he is doing the narration in the remake.

Tizoc

Hah the remake has Time Trial/Attack mode for each stage, wonder how much of a pain it'd be for Cheevo hunters (since Sony are jerks with Trophies for non retail games).

Noi

Did they change that? I remember people commenting on how the demo itself said that it would only be available physically.

General consensus seems to be that it's second only to Trials and Tribulations. It apparently takes T&T's crown of having the best filler cases, as well.

BlackJace

While I can't quite agree on why I was banned (my opening post in the thread in question was a mini tome about why both games slay, and my last post said that both fanbases shouldn't shit on each other) my time away has taught me to just follow my gut instinct and avoid potentially toxic threads. Aeana's a good mod, nothing against her, she does have a lot of shit to deal with in threads where some of her favorite games aren't being able to be talked about due to nonsense. Also, I should be smarter about picking better "battles". Doubly so considering Gaming Side is becoming increasingly testy as the two new console launches draw near.

And the myths are real, being unable to post, or just being away in general, makes one's productivity skyrocket lol. Got a lot of shit I needed done, and just in time for starting school next week.

Lastly, I just want to say that I appreciate you guys being concerned that I was banned. It's pretty cool to know that people I don't necessarily know too well care like that.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Nice to see you back, BlackJace.

I don't have much to say. I'd love to respond to that tome that Seven Force posted since I'm almost finished with DuckTales, myself, but I just don't feel emotionally and physically up to it right now. I woke up with a headache and stomachache today, so I'll take it easy. There's some other stuff, too, but on account of not liking to divulge personal baggage in public, I'm not going to share.

Tizoc, I don't think I can edit your CoI thread as a result. Sorry.

Noi

I literally do not understand the "outrage" that Ace Combat Infinity is causing to some people. We literally know nothing about the game except for it being free to play, yet some are treating it like the ultimate indignation when they don't even know if it could be a legitimately good title in the series. It's not like Namco's turning into a card based squad game, you're still flying airplanes, it seems to take place in Strangereal and there's no sight of AH's awful dogfight mode. I don't get the hate.

(Yes, I posted it precisely because Sevenforce learned about it just now.)

In my defense, I have no animosity towards it at all!

Just didn't know that's the direction they went in, that's all. If it looks and plays like a standard AC game, I have no qualms.

Noi

In my defense, I have no animosity towards it at all!

Just didn't know that's the direction they went in, that's all. If it looks and plays like a standard AC game, I have no qualms.

Oh, I was saying you were the one, it was the one who mentioned it in that other thread!

The latest trailer featured Rex Tremendae, super weapons, and even namedropping Stonehenge. I have a hard time imagining that Infinity isn't being made specifically with the fans in mind.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Can I say that Eminem titling his new disc as Vol 2 to one of his best albums, if not the best one (cuz I dunno MMLP and SSLP are kinda up there), is really ambitious and I don't think it's going to work since that's happened to every artist who did that sort of thing? Shit's cursed.

Not feeling that single either. It's all over the place, lacks consistency. Maybe it's good for radio, so maybe the rest of the album might be different? Dunno.

I mean, I tend to skip Kim whenever it comes up, but the rest of the MMLP was some good shit.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
That's cuz you're a kid.

I remember when I was like 11, I snuck and went to a used CD/cassette tape store after buying comics one day, and bought a Marshall Mathers LP cassette because my parents didn't want me listening to Eminem. Boy bands, dance/rave/house, alternative rock, classic rock, jazz artists, R&B groups, other rap artists, and hip-hop artists were A-OK, but Eminem? Off-limits forever.

It was stuck in my Walkman cassette player for months until my parents found out about it but they let me keep it anyway. Heh.

Walkman cassette
KuGsj.gif

Old Schala

(but seriously when has making a direct sequel to one of your best works after years of mediocrity worked, from Sonic 4 to Blueprint 2, the odds are against you)

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Walkman cassette
KuGsj.gif

Old Schala

(but seriously when has making a direct sequel to one of your best works after years of mediocrity worked, from Sonic 4 to Blueprint 2, the odds are against you)
Blueprint 2 was all curse and no gift.

I mean, I fear that MMLP2 is going to be that whole screaming at the microphone nonsense that he's been doing. MMLP, SSLP, and TES weren't really like that at all. I want to believe, but Recovery says no.

(At least I'm not talking about 8-track like Beef would.)

Tizoc

Nice to see you back, BlackJace.

I don't have much to say. I'd love to respond to that tome that Seven Force posted since I'm almost finished with DuckTales, myself, but I just don't feel emotionally and physically up to it right now. I woke up with a headache and stomachache today, so I'll take it easy. There's some other stuff, too, but on account of not liking to divulge personal baggage in public, I'm not going to share.

Tizoc, I don't think I can edit your CoI thread as a result. Sorry.

No problem, the OT seemed fine from what I edited, but just needed to check and see if there's any extra that needed to be fixed =)

BlackJace

Artists should never go back and follow up to their greatest albums, it pretty much never works. Accept that you changed as a musician over time, and will never feel the same vibes you did when you dropped them,

I'm looking at you, Lupe.

I keep reading "MMLP" as somebody saying "My Little Pony" with a stutter.

Or maybe it's the fusion between that show and Power Rangers that nobody wanted! Mighty Morphin' Little Ponies.

("The Marshall Mathers LP"? The actual name is like a letdown now.)

Contra 4?

I bet Schala wore out her Hanson cassette dancing while she was out jogging.

uguu~
Artists should never go back and follow up to their greatest albums, it pretty much never works. Accept that you changed as a musician over time, and will never feel the same vibes you did when you dropped them,

I'm looking at you, Lupe.
I was wondering when he was going to make a new album. It's like there's this huge gap after "The Cool..."

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I did. My friend and I completely wore out my Hanson tape when I was little because we always put it on and danced and sang along to it. I had to buy a new one after a while. Forgive me, but I was 9.

I like to think my taste in music back then wasn't completely shit because my older cousins were all born between 1978-1983, so I listened to whatever they listened to since I was around them very often. Lots of rap and hip-hop, alternative rock, and dance/rave/house.

("The Marshall Mathers LP"? The actual name is like a letdown now.)
Nah. The entire album felt more personal than The Slim Shady LP did, especially since it chronicles his rise to fame and how people treated him during that (plus the whole... family relationships thing). Of course he'd name it after himself vs his alter-ego.

I don't think I ever listened to Recovery, only heard that one track with Rhianna on the radio and hahaha that "window pane" line holy shit.

No faith in MMLP2 at all.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I don't think I ever listened to Recovery, only heard that one track with Rhianna on the radio and hahaha that "window pane" line holy shit.
you don't get another chance
life is no Nintendo game
but you lied again
now you get to watch her leave out the window
guess that's why they call it windowpane

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Nah, Bean and I had a conversation about Coolio the other day. It was good times. He sang me a few rap/hip-hop songs once. >.>

Also. I learned that Ni no Kuni sold a lot in NA/EU.

I have no words for this mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom