• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.
ih5YwU35u5LiW.gif

At least I got this hilarious reaction gif out of it.

DS is my second biggest collection after Wii. Think it's around 75 games.

You do not have any Clash of Ninja. You have failed me.

Castlevania JADGEment reminds me: why did that game get so much flak anyway, outside of editing beloved designs and a tiny character pool?.

Never really got in to Naruto so I've never really played the games either (though I do have Rise of a Ninja on 360).

I think it was mostly the Death Note characters that put people off Judgement, with a smaller segment of people just not interested in a Castlevania arena brawler. I thought it was pretty neat for what it was.

theroom.jpg

Regiruler

I think I can hear ViewtifulJC crying.
181 the last time I updated the list in Google Docs. You've seen my DS collection before I added a few games to it. (And there are games behind these games in the shelf). In fact, I think I need to add a few things to that DS collection now (and by that, I mean the list in Google Docs that I wrote).

S9LYk27.jpg

(Again, deep shelf; there are games behind these games. And I have more DS games to add / 3DS games to take out of that shelf and place elsewhere.)

I can't see shit: Schala get a better camera.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
There are so many mistakes in there I don't know where to begin. Not even the punctuation's right in some spots.

Research Lavatory. Hahahahaha! Capcom gave no fucks.

I can't see shit: Schala get a better camera.
LOL. I should just post the list one of these days. It hasn't been updated in a while, though. Some stuff is missing. Edit: I totally edited the list out because I wanted some semblance of humility.

I get a lot of stuff pawned on me too, which is why you see me playing a lot of shitty games half the time. My cousins don't like something, I get it. Some people at my previous uni used to sell me their stuff for cheap. And boxing day is where you get shit for like $3-10. And I did a lot of borrowing back in early undergrad. I buy used a lot, so most of this stuff consists of used copies or cheap boxing day games. So if people were like, "used games don't mean much to me!", well, they certainly mean a lot to me. I can't afford full-price games most of the time.

OH.

Has anyone played Monster Tale? That game that looked like it was supposed to be a Metroidvania? Dreamrift developed it and Majesco published it. I always wanted to play that one. I can't find it around me, though.

Hey. Come now, Schala, MGR is absolutely worth replaying. Heck, it demands it; playing through that game on Hard and with all the weapons unlocked is like a whole different game.

Gotta get those S-Ranks. It's not GOTY material until you dig into the true challenge of it.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Hey. Come now, Schala, MGR is absolutely worth replaying. Heck, it demands it; playing through that game on Hard and with all the weapons unlocked is like a whole different game.

Gotta get those S-Ranks. It's not GOTY material until you dig into the true challenge of it.
That's true. I just hope he doesn't start complaining about the final boss again. He tried fighting him for hours while failing.

And we've switched the usual stream game to FF7. Neptunia Victory went into territory no one seemed to like.

I'm alternating between this and Kirby Canvas Curse...
Stop being a flower girl.

fjf8nsxu.png

Tizoc

OK based off my US PSN account here are games which are set to be my GotY 2013 candidates-
Bit.Trip Runner2
Dragon's Crown
Sweet Fuse
DuckTales Remastered
Castle of Illusion HD
Guacamelee

Games I bought this year retail that are GotY 2013 candidates:
Ni no Kuni
Deadpool
Rayman Legends
Puppeteer
Mario and Luigi 4

Haven't played Last of Us yet though, but I'm saving it for end of the year once I finish up some stuff in my backlog.

LTTP 2013 GotY for me would be Virtue's Last Reward for Vita.

...and hey I have HeXYZ Force for my Vita lol.
That's it off the top of my head atm~

Metal Gear Rising: 335,791 (PS3)
Bayonetta: 138,430 (PS3) + 66,211 (360) = 204,641
Viewtiful Joe: 93,563 (GC)
Vanquish: 51,705 (PS3) + 11,798 (360) = 63,503
Infinite Space: 40,266 (DS)
Anarchy Reigns: 21,199 (PS3) + 4,170 (360) = 25,369
The Wonderful 101: 6,663 (Wii U)
Mad World: 4,651 (Wii)

Kamiya pls ;_;

I expected it to do badly, but not that badly. Even being conditioned to Clover/P* games doing poorly over the last ten years, it's still disappointing.

I don't see how they'll keep getting contracts when game after game performs poorly. The studio's future is probably to be bought out by Konami, rebranded KojiPro2, and turned into a Metal Gear Rising factory.

Tizoc

Gonna go buy some PS3 games after work within the next 2 hours.
Planning on getting:
OP Musou 2
Killer is Dead

MAYBE: Saint's Row 3 Complete (May get SR4 on PC or used down the road), Just Cause 2, Red Faction G.

Poor Wonderful 101. I mean, geez.

Maybe the digital sales were decent?

Seriously why don't company take digital sales into account? Granted some digital purchases on Steam for a title would've been during a sale, but at least include it damnit!

Noi

I swear to god if I see one more post lamenting how the industry deserves "endless rehashes and shooting games" because a game released on a console that's sold like shit had poor sales, I'm gonna break something.

No way man, people just can't appreciate new great IPs!

(Pay no attention to The Last of Us selling 3.4 million copies worldwide in three weeks).

qq more

The industry deserves endless originality and non-shooters.

EDIT: Fucking hell, I just realized that shitty perverted weeaboo games such as Neptunia and T&E outsold Wonderful 101. What a sad industry...

Noi

The industry deserves endless originality and non-shooters.

EDIT: Fucking hell, I just realized that shitty perverted weeaboo games such as Neptunia and T&E outsold Wonderful 101. What a sad industry...

Quality of the games aside, those games are niche titles aimed at an established audience on a platform with a big install base. The developers know who they're making the games for.

I love Clover/PG, but W101 has a double whammy of being a game released for fans of action games in a platform that, historically, doesn't get many action games and being a game that you actually have to play to "get". There's no immediately sellable/marketable aspect to it.

When I saw the "check out the 2DS announcement trailer" tweet I figured it'd maybe be something between the original and the XL in terms of design, or even just the XL with a different screen.

I was not prepared for what awaited me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom