• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I read that KH1's platinum is pretty tough, or at least, it's kind of lengthy. 80-90 hours, 3 playthroughs (because difficulties don't stack). There's a "complete the game in 15 hours trophy", "never change from default equip during the playthrough" trophy, and "never use a continue" trophy. I'd do those on Beginner difficulty, then.

And then there's the 100% Journal trophies... and the Synthesize everything trophy... 100% the Coliseum... get to level 100...

I read that KH1's platinum is pretty tough, or at least, it's kind of lengthy. 80-90 hours, 3 playthroughs (because difficulties don't stack). There's a "complete the game in 15 hours trophy", "never change from default equip during the playthrough" trophy, and "never use a continue" trophy. I'd do those on Beginner difficulty, then.

And then there's the 100% Journal trophies... and the Synthesize everything trophy... 100% the Coliseum... get to level 100...

I pretty much gave up on the synthesizing trophy. One part of it is made harder than necessary because of a design oversight in the HD version that actually lowers the chances of getting a certain synth material. That's not even taking into account the boring ass Gummi Ship missions.

The default equipment/no continues trophy gets deceptively difficult, even on Beginner mode. There's one section near the very end of the game that probably ends up being the second most difficult part of the entire series.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Yikes. And I saw that plat get rated rather low in terms of difficulty. That doesn't sound like a 5 to me.

Easy plats are visual novels, btw. Virtue's Last Reward was probably some people's only plats because you have to do everything to get the true ending (and the plat) in that game.

Noi

I did a default equipment run already on the PS2 version of KH1, so I'm set for that already.

Chain of Memories though... all my dread.

Noi

I bet the 358/pi Days list is easy to 100%... >.>

...There's trophies for that?

*checks*

...Wow.
KuGsj.gif

Regiruler

I didn't realize I stepped into the trophy whore thread.

I have a few games on my PS3, generations being one of them, but I don't go out of my way to get platinums or anything. Is there even a point?

If qq more can Platinum Metal Gear Rising by the end of September, I'll wear whatever avatar he wants for a whole month. If he doesn't, then there's no penalty.

And tiggerkiddo's jurisdiction doesn't exist within this avatar bet either, so that's a load off for qq.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I didn't realize I stepped into the trophy whore thread.

I have a few games on my PS3, generations being one of them, but I don't go out of my way to get platinums or anything. Is there even a point?
I usually get just the platinums for games where I 100% stuff anyway. Like VNs or RPGs and some platformers. Outside of that, nah. It feels nice when I get a plat trophy, sure, but I don't usually pursue it for lots of games.

For some RPGs, it's no different than 100%ing games on the NES/SNES/PS1/PS2/etc. For VNs, the trophy lists are designed around doing stuff you'd normally do in VNs on the PC, PS2, PS1, SNES, PSP, DS, etc, so you're just getting the plat by playing regularly.

Generations' plat was really easy, though. Like, you're going to do all the missions and S-rank stuff anyway (because S-ranks in Gens isn't hard by any means), so... might as well do it. Unleashed, for example, is a game that I won't 100% because I get the feeling that I'll stop genuinely liking the game because of all the boring nonsense I'm forced to do.

PKrockin

I'm not proud of this.

I was going for Sonic Generations' platinum since it's only a little bit out of the way of beating everything, which is what I intended to do since it's fun.

Can't believe how long it's taken me to play some of these games. I just don't have much time at home anymore.

Graces even took me like three months and I still haven't beaten the cameo fight...

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
See I can't even get the Gravity Rush plat on the basis that I suck at some of the medal challenges, lol. So, even if it's an easy plat to most people, it's hard for me!

Oh, man, I remember when we were whining about the Walk on Water trophy being hard two years ago. Naaaah, not so hard when you know when to speed up and where the waterless route is.

Graces even took me like three months and I still haven't beaten the cameo fight...
It takes me months to get stuff done because I only play console stuff on the weekends whenever I'm at school, myself.

TheOGB

Banned
PSN profiles? Here's mine

I don't have a Sony console from this gen or a Vita

I'm reading the first OT and I've stumbled upon this from many months ago (last year, rather):
TheOGB said:
Sonic Colours 2, Nintendo Direct reveal. believe
Are you a fortune teller, TheOGB?
AWW SHIET

now I wish I'd said hi to myself ._.
edit: Just realized that this is qq more and I spelled Colors with a 'u'

PKrockin

See I can't even get the Gravity Rush plat on the basis that I suck at some of the medal challenges, lol. So, even if it's an easy plat to most people, it's hard for me!

Oh, man, I remember when we were whining about the Walk on Water trophy being hard two years ago. Naaaah, not so hard when you know when to speed up and where the waterless route is.

It takes me months to get stuff done because I only play console stuff on the weekends whenever I'm at school, myself.

lol, really? I thought all the challenges were pretty easy and I just did them as they became available, except one or two Gravity Slide ones. You can just come back and do them after you level up and they get REALLY easy.

Kingdom Hearts? There are Kingdom Hearts games on PS3 already? *click* ... oh.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I did level up to the highest I could go without the DLC, but even then, the challenges (Airboat Race, and some other stuff I can't remember but they may be Gravity Slide ones) were kinda tough for me.

I just shelved the game because I wasn't having much fun trying to 100% it. I also felt that the game had its share of issues, too, so I guess I was playing a mediocre-to-good game while lessening my experience of it by failing at the missions due to my shitty skills, haha.

I don't 100% games very often and don't care about a lot of the asinine little things trophies/cheevos make you do so I don't really have much in the way of completion. Pretty much just Sonic/Pac-Man XBLA games and a couple of "fuck it, close enough" retail games.

c5H9cQw.jpg

Closest I have on PSN is 69% for Kamen Rider Battride War and 61% for Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock. Could probably Platinum Kamen Rider but most of the stuff I have left comes down to "reach this cumulative combo total" or "ride the bikes for this long" and the numbers are way passed what I might reasonably reach while playing the game so, yeah, asinine stuff I have no interest in.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
EDIT: ^ That reminds me that I should probably do the speedrun thing in Sonic 1 since it isn't hard and I haven't played regular Backbone Sonic 1 in a while.

How is Kamen Rider, anyway?

---

Assassin's Creed III was legitimately one of the few games where I was waiting to see when it would actually finish because I was bored out of my mind while playing it. The ending added insult to injury. I was hoping that it'd get better because I like the historical aspects/level of research that went into the historical aspects of the AC games a lot, but it got worse as the game went on. I didn't even want to do side content for that game, it was so boring.

Then you have people like Beef who liked it and then when he saw the ending, he cursed its name.

Okami is still a cool game, but the part where all the important female characters (bar Ammy, obvs) have their tits hanging out seems... jarring.

Noi

I had some fun with AC3 when it came to the actual plot missions (which is what they clearly blew their budget on along with the ship segments), but doing the optional sync requirements and sidequests were what killed the game for me. So bad.

...And of course, seeing stuff like this while walking around was the norm.

I take it you're sort of stuck with the PS4, then.

Pretty much, yeah. I needed that 2k friendlist increase a whole year ago.

Okami is still a cool game, but the part where all the important female characters (bar Ammy, obvs) have their tits hanging out seems... jarring.

So... 2 people then (Rao and Sakuya)? Kushi, Princess Fuse, Kaguya nor Queen Himiko have their tits out.

Not as jarring as dick jokes in an otherwise kid-friendly Wonderful 101!

I think it's a lot tamer than you seem to be insinuating it to be, I didn't find it nearly as jarring as two female characters getting sort of catty towards each other leading to a bunch of bleep censors, funnily enough this all happens in the same scene.
The writers must've been having a funny turn at this point.

How is Kamen Rider, anyway?

It's a pretty solid Dynasty Warriors clone. Same sort of basic combat against tons of enemies, which the game executes well enough. The motorbikes don't add a whole lot to the formula, but are handy in terms of traversing from one area of the map to another quickly.

Diversity of stage environments was a little lacking and while I thought the roster was pretty solid for a first release some were a tad disappointed, and there's obviously a lot of stuff left over in terms of secondary heroes and playable villains for iterative sequels (which I can see being big for Bamco).

Pretty fun if you're in to karate bugmen or the whole "big combos against massive amounts of enemies" thing.

So... 2 people then (Rao and Sakuya)? Kushi, Princess Fuse, Kaguya nor Queen Himiko have their tits out.

OK, in fairness, I literally posted that as I'd met Rao, and the only other female character of importance that came to mind was Sakuya. Kushi and Fuse still get boob physics and Issun's weird leering, IIRC.

Regardless, I don't like the skeezy vibe with those characters.

Noi

OK, in fairness, I literally posted that as I'd met Rao, and the only other female character of importance that came to mind was Sakuya. Kushi and Fuse still get boob physics and Issun's weird leering, IIRC.

Regardless, I don't like the skeezy vibe with those characters.

Oh yeah, well, Issun leers at literally every female regardless of their disposition. That's his shtick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom