• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

qq more

Animal Crossing is great because it's a relaxing game where you can pace yourself and have your own goals.

Death to anyone asking for F2P crap

It is great seeing many people are getting into Ace Attorney. I remember years ago I tried to convince my friends to play them and half of them were like "court stuff sounds boring" or something... Those foolish fools!
qq more, you're not secretly Franziska are you

Where's the post in question?
I think this one (which I completely agree with): http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=88473914&postcount=3

EDIT: lmao, PigSpeakers kept quoting his post
Animal Crossing is great because it's a relaxing game where you can pace yourself and have your own goals.

Death to anyone asking for F2P crap
Actually, Animal Crossing would make a great F2P game. The series isn't worth paying money for, after all.

qq more

The worst game franchise is obviously Sonic the Hedgehog. There hasn't been a good game in like 19 years and all the fans are furry creepers.

ugh Sonic fans. How can they like that stupid franchise anymore?! All the new games are all about weird Sonic recolors and human x hedgehog bestiality stories. The games should've stopped after Sonic 2!

PKrockin

In being a boring piece of shit? At last, we agree.
But it's so relaaaxing man

Nevermind that there's nothing to do in it that isn't a few brain-dead, boring, repetitive, bare-bones tasks with a heaping helping of unnecessary, repeating dialogue, a limited inventory and a clumsy interface.

But if you keep grinding and waiting for weeks you can make your town prettier!

TheOGB

Banned
Didn't Unleashed have the biggest budget of the most recent Sonic games? Isn't that why the presentation all around (in-game and out; marketing, Hedgehog Engine, soundtrack, Night of the Werehog, etc.) is so much more... ambitious and polished than the games after it? I've had this thought a lot recently, but I know I read it from somewhere, I just don't remember--NOPE, Found it before I even finished this post. It was from Wentos, the 4chan insider. He said Unleashed cost more than all the Dreamcast games' combined (halfway down the thread, the picture with Sonic and Shadow w/ Chao), and spoke on the WiiS2 version in his next post.

I mean, it just makes sense. They went all out for Unleashed in a way they haven't done (and in a way, haven't needed to do) since.

qq more

That actually explains why the presentation in Unleashed is among the best in the franchise.

I just wish the Werehog stuff weren't a chore to play. I really wanted to love this game :(

That's not the original question that was posed

There was no original question posed; there was "yo Animal Crossing is -insert hyperbolic nonsense here-", and the platform of discussion was limited (boils down to "play more games" and/or "formulate opinions better", basically) so I don't want to properly engage with it, honestly.

I was just making an observation on how conversations about whether Animal Crossing is "bad" because it just ends up in the same loop. Yet people still want to go out of their way to "correct" people's opinions about the series, unaware that (irony warning!) they're wasting their own time by doing so because the people that are gonna play are gonna play regardless.

Consider this a challenge, JC. I dare you to post a proper critical evaluation of your experience with those games. I know you have it in you, you've let your guard down lately and we all know how articulate you can be. In the meantime, I'm going to go and play Ace Attorney, and then write some stuff about that tomorrow; likely not resorting to lazy superlatives whilst doing so.

They're almost exactly the same, though.

I'm legitimately going to make a thread asking why Animal Crossing isn't a F2P game when I get home from work tonight. Count on it.
George-Costanza-Eating-Popcorn_zps666dc6e6.gif

Didn't Unleashed have the biggest budget of the most recent Sonic games? Isn't that why the presentation all around (in-game and out; marketing, Hedgehog Engine, soundtrack, Night of the Werehog, etc.) is so much more... ambitious and polished than the games after it? I've had this thought a lot recently, but I know I read it from somewhere, I just don't remember--NOPE, Found it before I even finished this post. It was from Wentos, the 4chan insider. He said Unleashed cost more than all the Dreamcast games' combined (halfway down the thread, the picture with Sonic and Shadow w/ Chao), and spoke on the WiiS2 version in his next post.

I mean, it just makes sense. They went all out for Unleashed in a way they haven't done (and in a way, haven't needed to do) since.

What a damn shame.

If only the Werehog was Knuckles...

If only it was Sonic and Knuckles 2.

It probably would have been just as problematic, but I want to believe it would have magically been a better game.

Stretchy armed Knuckles wandering through 20 minute long levels with sloppy boring combat and stiff shadowless platforming? yeah I think it would still be pretty bad.

Stretchy armed Knuckles wandering through 20 minute long levels with sloppy boring combat and stiff shadowless platforming? yeah I think it would still be pretty bad.

By the virtue of it being Knuckles instead of a werehog the gameplay design would have to change.

I'm not saying to copy paste him into the werehog role.

By the virtue of it being Knuckles instead of a werehog the gameplay design would have to change.

I'm not saying to copy paste him into the werehog role.

Well in that case we'd just want them to make more platforming stages surely.
Knuckles can fill the role if he wishes.

TheOGB

Banned
What a damn shame.

If only the Werehog was Knuckles...

If only it was Sonic and Knuckles 2.

It probably would have been just as problematic, but I want to believe it would have magically been a better game.
I know that feel, but now I keep thinking of the future. 'Throw money into the next big Sonic, but do it right now since they've got Colors and Generations under their belts!' But things have changed in 5 years. Can Sega afford to do that now? (On the flipside though, if they can buy Index...) Have sales of Sonic games been diminishing this gen? Do they still sell enough to justify it? Hell, if Sonic's one of the few non-digital/PC things that make them money, doesn't that justify it?

I don't need to think about these things, but I do :|

Tighten the pacing of the werehog gameplay and I think Unleashed would actually be my favourite 3D Sonic. Just need to speed him up a bit, cut back on the number of encounters and/or the enemy health and shorten the stages and it'd be a pretty decent platforming/beat 'em up thing that wouldn't really detract from the game.

Though yeah, the Knuckles thing would be better overall since the werehog is a pretty silly idea.

I thought the Werehog brawling was entertaining.

For the first 4 hours.

Got old after the first ten minutes for me.

I don't remember anything about the stages except the music, and even then the fucking batle theme would come in interrupting the goddamn track, when it would be far better to not have a battle theme at all, not saying the theme is bad, its good actually but when it comes own 50 GODDAMN TIMES throughout the level when you are trying to get your groove on,, its a little grating.

Dammit.

PKrockin

There was no original question posed; there was "yo Animal Crossing is -insert hyperbolic nonsense here-", and the platform of discussion was limited (boils down to "play more games" and/or "formulate opinions better", basically) so I don't want to properly engage with it, honestly.

I was just making an observation on how conversations about whether Animal Crossing is "bad" because it just ends up in the same loop. Yet people still want to go out of their way to "correct" people's opinions about the series, unaware that (irony warning!) they're wasting their own time by doing so because the people that are gonna play are gonna play regardless.

Consider this a challenge, JC. I dare you to post a proper critical evaluation of your experience with those games. I know you have it in you, you've let your guard down lately and we all know how articulate you can be. In the meantime, I'm going to go and play Ace Attorney, and then write some stuff about that tomorrow; likely not resorting to lazy superlatives whilst doing so.
I don't expect to change anyone's mind about liking Animal Crossing any more than I do Sonic and the Secret Rings, but I'll continue to post my opinion of it where appropriate.

I also look forward to that thread tonight.

qq more

im fine with people not liking animal crossing, its not for everyone (but then again what game is even for everyone?)

but idk animal crossing being the worst game ever is really hyperbolic

Anth0ny

did someone mention sonic 06?

I just got into Animal Crossing with New Leaf... and I think it's pretty fun. It also has Majora's Mask in the game, so that's good enough for me. Not sure what to do now that I have it, though. I guess I could keep expanding my house until it can hold all of those special Nintendo items... then I think it's done. Somehow collecting those items is the most appealing part of the game for me, I'm not really into the whole "mayor of the city" aspect. I basically don't play for more than 30 minutes a day... farm bells, get my two fortune cookies/nintendo items a day, save and quit. Then onto Pokemon and Fire Emblem.

god damn 3DS is good.

qq more

did someone mention sonic 06?

I just got into Animal Crossing with New Leaf... and I think it's pretty fun. It also has Majora's Mask in the game, so that's good enough for me. Not sure what to do now that I have it, though. I guess I could keep expanding my house until it can hold all of those special Nintendo items... then I think it's done. Somehow collecting those items is the most appealing part of the game for me, I'm not really into the whole "mayor of the city" aspect.
You can change the rules of the city of the town that gives you a nice advantage.

Also at some point in the game, if you've donated enough of each type of item at the musuem, you can get a 2nd floor with your own exhibits.

BlackJace

People keep saying that without the 3DS, Nintendo would be fucked, but I think it'd be the exact opposite. Imagine the Wii U with the onslaught of contetn the 3DS is getting. And in better fidelity too.
p0QHO.gif

Anth0ny

Wii U needs more games badly... all it has is what? Mario this holiday?

2014 should be good I hope

I think they consider their holiday lineup to be:

-Pikmin 3
-Wonderful 101
-Rayman Origins
-Wind Waker HD
-Mario 3D World
-Wii Sports HD
-Wii Party U
-Wii Fit U

What people who matter really care about:

-Mario 3D World

It's going to be a rough holiday for them unless they drop a bomb on Black Friday: $250 Wii U with NSMBU/NSLU, and 3D World just chillin right there for everyone to pick up.

while PS4 and Xbone are already sold out

If I had my way, those things would be in every fighting game.

Even combat sport sims like Fight Night and UFC.

That or the freeze frame zoom ins from Def Jam FFNY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom