• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

iwxCva7YxHM6J.jpg

Feels good GAF~

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
As part of a regular review of old permanent bans, I unpermed HUELEN10. If you know him or are in contact with him, he's free to use his old account. Most people re-register after all this time so if you're HUELEN10 and you're using an alt account that hasn't been detected and banned, first; congratulations on eluding detection for such a long time. Second, you're welcome to switch back to HUELEN10. I am posting in this thread with the intent of reaching HUELEN10 because he was interested in Sonic. No need to quote me or derail to discuss this issue in here. This is not an invitation to lobby to unban other permanently banned posters. Cheers.

Sciz

Dat White Park Act 2 intro... still weird.

I'd rather have directly gotten a mix of Twinkle Park.

Dropping the tempo a little does wonders for it. The GHZ break doesn't hurt any either.

As part of a regular review of old permanent bans, I unpermed HUELEN10.

:O

As part of a regular review of old permanent bans, I unpermed HUELEN10. If you know him or are in contact with him, he's free to use his old account. Most people re-register after all this time so if you're HUELEN10 and you're using an alt account that hasn't been detected and banned, first; congratulations on eluding detection for such a long time. Second, you're welcome to switch back to HUELEN10. I am posting in this thread with the intent of reaching HUELEN10 because he was interested in Sonic. No need to quote me or derail to discuss this issue in here. This is not an invitation to lobby to unban other permanently banned posters. Cheers.

You're doing Gaia's work, Stump.

Rlan

Are the Nega, Omega and Rouge Boss battle themes based on anything in Soichi 2014?

Also, god, why Eggman Nega? Come on. Can't we forget him entirely? Dry Bowser is a terrible thing too. Get Wart and Captain Whiskers or Zazz or something.

AniHawk

the new ratchet & clank game is super short.

-tutorial level
-mandatory intro/first world
-arena world
-gameplay/puzzles world
-3d exploration world (collectathon world)
-final world

lots of fighting, really light on platforming.

i am struggling to find good things to say about it because i love the series and it's been four years since a crack in time, but man, it's like someone hit the fast-forward button on this game. i don't think the pacing is necessarily bad, but it's like blasting straight through a normal r&c. i feel like this was part of a bigger project that was scrapped.

Sciz

SonicGAF's Song of the Day - #58

Song: Prison Island
Game: Shadow the Hedgehog
Composer: Jun Senoue

A song that manages to thrive in spite of its generic riffing. The guitar might be in the lead, but it's the piano that absolutely steals the show and doesn't look back. It starts out playing simple harmony, but it doesn't take long to start really tickling the ivories, and the breakdown at 0:35 is the finest manner of madness. The drummer going to town on his set the whole piece through also deserves some serious credit for giving it a degree of life that even the drum 'n bass tracks from later in the soundtrack have trouble matching. And even the guitar manages to avoid being grating, which is a refreshing change of pace for Shadow's usual hard edged sound.

An island of inspiration amidst the sea of one man stretching his creative talents far too thin.

Nevermind. Lol Edge newsreporting. Not that I was rooting for Ninja Theory to go mobile since that means loss of jobs... just want them to stay the fuck away from DMC. Gonna happen anyway since the game missed it's sell through target by about a million and under shipped by about 800,000.

FYC

Banned
Hey Noi have you platinumed DMC3? I just need to finish Bloody Palace and S-Rank everything @_@

Edit: Oh yeah, I never did gold orb on HD.

Okay, that's not fair of me in regards to Ninja Theory. I didn't hate the game. Gonna have to write a post explaining why (I'm the first one to groan about drive by posting, so I better avoid doing so).

FYC

Banned
Nah. I've been meaning to, but I'm constantly blinded by something new taking up my attention and haven't put in the time to get the plat for it. Even harder now with the PS4 out.

...I did plat his superior in every way older brother though. ;D

I got physically rewarded for that, so I had a motivation to do it.

I know someone who platinumed DMC2

But never finished the first DMC

SonicGAF's Song of the Day - #58

Song: Prison Island
Game: Shadow the Hedgehog
Composer: Jun Senoue

Really like this. 0:47 is awesome.

AniHawk

always felt Ratchet had too much combat focus.

I only played 3, and I felt most of the time I was dodging>shooting>doding>repeat

r&c - platformer with third-person shooting
going commando (r&c2) - third-person shooter/platformer hybrid
up your arsenal (r&c3) - third-person shooter with platforming

the ratchet & clank future games, especially a crack in time, harken more to going commando. i consider a crack in time and going commando to be the best in the series because of how nicely the platforming and action bits come together. into the nexus is a lot more like up your arsenal, which wasn't my favorite, but i liked well enough i guess.

a crack in time > going commando > r&c = up your arsenal > into the nexus > tools of destruction.

i still haven't played quest for booty, which was a download title, but it's supposed to be fairly all right, and it came with into the nexus, so i'll give it a shot sometime soon.

BHZ Mayor

good insight, I might try the 1st then.

Be warned, the first one has no strafing until near the end of the game when you get an odd, slow, levitation strafe powered by Clank's rocket pack which isn't very useful. Also, some of the things you have from the start in 3, which you might take for granted, have to be earned in this game, i.e., gliding, the O2 mask to breathe underwater, holding R2 to swim faster, the high jump, and the long jump.

Razzer

r&c - platformer with third-person shooting
going commando (r&c2) - third-person shooter/platformer hybrid
up your arsenal (r&c3) - third-person shooter with platforming

the ratchet & clank future games, especially a crack in time, harken more to going commando. i consider a crack in time and going commando to be the best in the series because of how nicely the platforming and action bits come together. into the nexus is a lot more like up your arsenal, which wasn't my favorite, but i liked well enough i guess.

a crack in time > going commando > r&c = up your arsenal > into the nexus > tools of destruction.

i still haven't played quest for booty, which was a download title, but it's supposed to be fairly all right, and it came with into the nexus, so i'll give it a shot sometime soon.

I haven't played a crack in time yet, but it's refreshing to see someone else who considers Going Commando better than Up your Arsenal. I've only ever seen the opposite opinion on GAF. The gadget (see: platforming) sections are better from what I remember, the upgrade system being just one straight transformation is better in my eyes than the levelling up stuff in UyA, and I find the pacing just better in general. Not to mention that GC introduced most of the best elements of the series on top of the first game's base gameplay. The arenas, crystal/gem hunting worlds, the aforementioned upgrade system... So many good ideas in this game. And the selection of weapons is great to. Most weapons after this game were essentially just versions of what was found here. Of course I'm rambling at this point as it is one of my favourite games of all time haha. Killer soundtrack too.

Edit: Oh yeah strafing was another great addition. God I love Going Commando.

Razzer

The lack of lock strafe puts R&C at the bottom below all the other entires

The base Gameplay ideas are very good, but this and other elements mean you can really tell that it was the first in a series. It does feel clunky in comparison. Kinda like how Sonic 2 refined many things from Sonic 1 like adding spindashing.

Ratchet's shooting/combat on a whole really doesn't gel with me, I've only played Tools of Destruction and A Crack in Time but the second of these had a lot lot more going for it overall that I could enjoy the majority of the game it yet ToD on the other hand bored me to the point of no return about halfway through. It took me years to actually try A Crack in Time because of this but i'm glad I eventually did, for Nefarious of course, perhaps I'll try the third game one day for this same reason.

Zen

Banned

I think you guys made a good call unbanning him.

Cheers! Hopefully he comes back!

Quest for Booty started off promising enough, but it gets reaaaaaally boring. I always assumed the later R&C made combat more of a focus just to pad out the games somewhat but QfB, in it's 3 hour or so runtime, is so obsessed with the boring shooting, with some dull as all hell level design to boot.

CiT = UYA > GC >> Deadzoned > ToD > QFB/R&C

Didn't finish Enter the Nexus, and have no intention to. The 30fps is really really distracting. Thank goodness for Gamefly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom