• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emitan

image.php

oh god

TimmiT

My thoughts exactly. After Power of Illusion though, I'm going to remain a tad skeptical. Not gonna get baited into being hyped by nostalgia like I was with that.

It's not the same developer. This is being made by Sega Studios Australia, these are the games they made so far:
Medieval II: Total War (considered a great game)
Stormrise (Was badly received, it's a console RTS though so it's more of a failed experiment)
London 2012 (It had a decent reception of an official Olympics game...)

It's not the same developer. This is being made by Sega Studios Australia, these are the games they made so far:
Medieval II: Total War (considered a great game)
Stormrise (Was badly received, it's a console RTS though so it's more of a failed experiment)
London 2012 (It had a decent reception of an official Olympics game...)
So basically, a total crapshoot.

Yeah, I know it's a different developer, but I'd be skeptical of pretty much any developer working on this.

Only reason I'm assured DuckTales HD is in good hands is because Wayforward did a ridiculously good job with Contra 4.

You ever have a group of friends and you're like, the video game guy? Where they ask you all the questions if they're curious about involving video games? Friend of mine asked me what Pokemon game to get, and he hasn't played since Yellow. Well, neither have I, buddy, but I don't want to give up my claim to fame

GAF help

Dark Schala, use your dark powers

qq more

You ever have a group of friends and you're like, the video game guy? Where they ask you all the questions if they're curious about involving video games? Friend of mine asked me what Pokemon game to get, and he hasn't played since Yellow. Well, neither have I, buddy, but I don't want to give up my claim to fame

GAF help

Platinum or Heart Gold

skip B/W1, I heard B/W2 is good though but IDK people loved B/W1 and I felt it was average

GAF help

I'm the opposite. I play games the least (due to my budget) and it gets kinda annoying when everyone is talking about a game that you not only don't have, but didn't intend on getting in the first place.

YESIKNOWABOUT
DARKSOULS
SHUTTHFUCKUPYOURETHEREASONWHYIWONTGETITGEEZ.

TheOGB

Banned
Platinum or Heart Gold

skip B/W1, I heard B/W2 is good though but IDK people loved B/W1 and I felt it was average
Nop
There IS a reason they call it SuperiorSilver

and BW1 ain't bad, but for someone just jumping in lean more towards BW2

But seriously though, for someone who hasn't played past Yellow, either HG or SS (you already know my preference) will be more familiar at first.

HeartGold and SoulSilver

My God, did Nintendo just run out of colors in the rainbows for these titles?

What happen to PokeMon Green, Orange, or Purple?

qq more

I just find BW1 incredibly average compared to the other games. It's honestly not an that much of an interesting game unless you're in it for the story (which was okay to be honest). Plat/HGSS had farrr better regions.

I mean yes the battle system was improved, but it wasn't enough to keep me interested. I REALLY appreciate the unlimited TMs though.

TheOGB

Banned
Green was in Japan (remade into LeafGreen along with FireRed) and Orange and Purple are too cool for Pokemon Trainer School

Holy shit! Now that is an OP. Never realized there were that many games.
This guy didn't last very long, did he? Looks like he tried to troll FurryGAF or something.

Although looking through his post history... shit, there were bombs detonated at the Boston marathon?

TheOGB

Banned
I literally just read about it, this shit is crazy.

I don't even know anyone from BostonGAF but I hope they and everyone else stay safe/come out okay all the same

BlackJace

BlackJace, you ready for another sub-60k Wii-U NPD thread this week?

Ugh, no. I've heard Wedbush is predicting 55k. Lawd jeesus.

I'm waiting till this holiday to purchase one, but Ninty's efforts so far are pathetic.
All they can do now is cluster games and garner an advertising blitz for a relaunch.

qq more

Plus Pokemon can follow you in HG/SS too!

yeah it's not a gameplay changing feature but man it's adds a lot to the fun somehow

Apparently Lilac's VA for Freedom Planet was only a few meters away from the second blast at the marathon.

She's unharmed, thankfully, but could've been injured had she shown up mere minutes earlier and been seated closer to the bomb.

OMG Aero

Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Deino
Zweilous
Hydreigon
Sonic R is a fucking terrible game, let's be clear about that.

But the soundtrack is great.
I am convinced that the music was created for Sonic R first then they made the game as a way of getting that music to people. It's the only plausible reason for such a massive leap of quality between the two.

GAF help

If your friend has a 3DS, tell him to wait for X/Y. If he just has a DS go with HeartGold/SoulSilver.

I implore you ViewtifulJC, ignore everyone else and listen to me, have them start with Pokemon Black, it expands on the gen before so they need not go back.
More refined gameplay and a faster pace, that alone puts Gen 4 in its place, better Pokemon variety from the word go, unlike the shambled and limited poke placement all over Johto.

qq more

I implore you ViewtifulJC, ignore everyone else and listen to me, have them start with Pokemon Black, it expands on the gen before so they need not go back.
More refined gameplay and a faster pace, that alone puts Gen 4 in its place, better Pokemon variety from the word go, unlike the shambled and limited poke placement all over Johto.

I've should never sided with you, Owl! *shakes fist*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom