• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

iavi

This is the truth, although it annoyed me as a child, it annoyed me in a good way.

Also, middle eastern/egyptian themed music is up their in my top favorites so that helps too.

I HATED Sandopolis when younger, but it's actually one of my favorite levels to revisit as an adult. Ridiculous second act included.

TheOGB

Banned
It's been a long time since I played S3&K

I wanna bust out the PC ver. disc, but really I'm just waiting for Taxman to finally get his hands on it :p

qq more

This is the truth, although it annoyed me as a child, it annoyed me in a good way.

Also, middle eastern/egyptian themed music is up their in my top favorites so that helps too.

It was the first non-Carnival Night level to give me a Time Over.

Best part of the zone IMHO are the ghosts. There's just something eerie at how they scroll along the screen as if they're part of the HUD...

iavi

I wanna bust out the PC ver. disc, but really I'm just waiting for Taxman to finally get his hands on it :p

Yeah, I'm waiting for the inevitable retro engine S3&K release before I play through that thing yet again. He's doing 1 & 2 now, so it might not be too long before that's a reality.

GAMERG0D

That Death Egg Robot music reminds me of the first boss music from the first Sonic game. (the bassline in the first boss at least)

Tizoc

I know man!
It'd be kinda funny if S3&K FINALLY makes it to PSN during the PS3's last legs.
I still don't see how the PS4 couldn't normally run PSN titles like 2D games or games that have a PC ver.
Then again some games on PS3 don't exactly run at full capacity like their PC counterpart and the PS4 might OC them? I dunno it just sounds really odd to me.

OMG Aero

The zone went pretty quick once you got past the sandslide part in the beginning.
Fuck that slide. I used to think the ghosts were the worst part of that level because they terrified me as a kid, but literally every single time I play Sandopolis act 2 I get stuck on that side for over a minute.

BHZ Mayor

Yeah, I'm waiting for the inevitable retro engine S3&K release before I play through that thing yet again. He's doing 1 & 2 now, so it might not be too long before that's a reality.

If this happens, it better have the real music and not the PC replacements.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Even on my lack of sleep last night I remembered that countin' thing from Earthbound. Real neat.

I'M FINE. Felt like passing out during my first exam but I'm OK! I just didn't really eat anything before I left and who the hell schedules an exam at 8 AM anyway? That's askin' for trouble.

1 down 5 more to go; I have one at lunch. Let's goooooooooooooooooooooo.

(Honestly, when I write exams, I usually have a song in my head or a soundtrack in my head while I write it. This time, it was the Sonic 3D Blast Saturn soundtrack and the Mega Man & Bass soundtrack since I was listening to 'em last night)

OMG Aero said:
Fuck that slide. I used to think the ghosts were the worst part of that level because they terrified me as a kid, but literally every single time I play Sandopolis act 2 I get stuck on that side for over a minute.
Yes. I never liked that sort of design in Sonic levels and I'm glad we don't see it often. In fact, it annoyed me greatly when we saw it revisited in Sonic 4. Was anyone glad to see that design in Sonic 4 in an "I feel nostalgic for this!" sort of way?

I certainly wasn't.

Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
See, this one I was well aware of. I chalk up my failure to notice the numbering in Earthbound due to never having played it much.

I haven't left Onett, yet. Grinding enemies right now so I can get the best equipment from the drugstore and face down that gang leader without getting completely creamed (I fought him before on a Wii homebrew emulator, and I recall him being a pain in the ass...). Presently at the point where I can defeat wild snakes by walking into them - always did like that feature.

I'M FINE. Felt like passing out during my first exam but I'm OK! I just didn't really eat anything before I left and who the hell schedules an exam at 8 AM anyway? That's askin' for trouble.

Passing out from lack of food? Don't come down with Diabetus, Schala.
He'd be a real distraction, trying to riff the exam the whole time.

(Honestly, when I write exams, I usually have a song in my head or a soundtrack in my head while I write it. This time, it was the Sonic 3D Blast Saturn soundtrack and the Mega Man & Bass soundtrack since I was listening to 'em last night)
At least those are two very good soundtracks to have stuck in one's head.

Kokonoe

Banned
All right, all right, I'm finally going to start listening to this Sonic R OST since I hear about it all the time. Onto youtube.

Even on my lack of sleep last night I remembered that countin' thing from Earthbound. Real neat.

8 AM exams? that sounds like an exam unto itself, the ultimate test before the actual tests and probably sponsored by coffee, well you go conquer the world of exams and regale us with tales of victory in the near future.

Yes. I never liked that sort of design in Sonic levels and I'm glad we don't see it often. In fact, it annoyed me greatly when we saw it revisited in Sonic 4. Was anyone glad to see that design in Sonic 4 in an "I feel nostalgic for this!" sort of way?

I certainly wasn't.

I always end up wondering about the how and why of the design, how is Sonic looping through this area of Ice Cap/Sandopolis/Labyrinth etc to begin with? what diabolical forces are at work to create this looping abnormality? another one of Eggman's tricks or a bizarre natural phenomenon?
And only then do I then think to myself "why do the level designers keep reusing this idea?" doubly so in the case of Sandopolis Act 2.

It's a racer with:

• An imbalanced cast
  • Courses with far too many paths to go around, many of which are a waste of time to use once you find the ideal path through any given stage
  • Too few courses in general
  • Difficult tank-based controls that are workable when you're racing around the main track, but aren't very good for tight corners or just wandering around the stage
  • Some of the cheesiest lyrics imaginable.
It's horrible.
I love it.

That's because it's a bad, bad, bad video game, BlackJace. In a franchise full of bad games, it's one of the worst

but CAN'T YOU SEE THE SUN IS SHINING ON ME IT MAKES ME FEEL SO FREE, SO ALIVE

IT MAKES ME WANT TO SURVIVE

TimmiT

So hey guys how about that Castle of Illusion remake.
8637392679_695fe377f2_o.jpg

8640620427_143df969e6_h.jpg

8640620495_5610722f2e_h.jpg

8640620513_191f638092_h.jpg

8640620537_84c9cdd92c_h.jpg

8640620625_f41c9575e8_h.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom