• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

qq more

I have discovered that if you play a Tales of game for story, then you're doing it wrong.

People take note of this. I've learned it the hard way.

Well... I kind of played it for the story. The battle system was fun except for boss fights (in ToTA anyways).

Actually I just hated how long the game dragged on.

Also Anise sucks.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Can't say I liked Tales of the Abyss much at all. I didn't like the cast, didn't like the story, the third portion (like every other final portion in Tales games) is like a direct-to-DVD movie, didn't like item synthesis, didn't really care for some ability acquisition. Yawners. Some of the environments were nice, though.

Abyss's FR-LMBS is not one of my favourite battle systems in the series at all. Nope. Never. FOF needed some tweaks, I felt. Decent in design, odd execution.

EFR-LMBS in Vesperia fixed it up a bit (and Knight of Ratatosk Dawn of the New World, whatever had FR:EE-LMBS which reminded me a lot of Chrono Cross's system in some ways). If you're going with a more free-range battle system, I'd go with either Vesperia, Xillia, or Ratatosk. Mostly Vesperia or Xillia if you're into this for the narrative.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I can enjoy the story out of anything usually but point taken.
I think that after I started disliking RPGs for a while, I resigned to not putting so much stock into a game's narrative, and subsequently benefitted from that. It's kind of something I've started to apply to most games and thus I feel like I'm getting more bang for my buck by investing more in the game's systems as opposed to its narrative or characterization.

There certainly are games where I become invested in the narrative or the spectacle of it (ex: Nier, Sora no Kiseki: The 3rd, Time Travelers, Asura's Wrath, 999, Virtue's Last Reward, To the Moon, etc.), but those seem to be rather few and far between or dependent on the genre (ex: visual novels or adventure games with a heavy story presence).

However, everyone is different. I don't expect everyone to like what I like, or for people to dislike what I dislike. Who knows, maybe you'll like Abyss a lot if you play the 3DS version, tigger.

Kokonoe

Banned
Someone finally did it.

Mario in Sonic Generations

-edit-

Even better

Modern Mario

Booo, that sucks. I'm sorry you couldn't finish it because it's relatively decent (honestly, I've only played it once and thus I'm not always very well-versed in it outside of some battle mechanics and the plot). :/

That happened to me with FF8, actually. Fought Ultima Weapon, didn't save (before the battle), lost power, didn't want to play it again... came back later and had no idea what I was doing. Hate when that happens.

I'll get back to it eventually when I rebuy it someday, it was pretty fun from what I was playing.

This also happened to me with Metroid Prime, which is another game I still need to beat.

Kokonoe

Banned
Finally got my hands on this Unleashed mod/port to Sonic Generations..

vBxO66M.gif

Simply amazing. It has the sound effects, unique obstacles that were only in unleashed, the shaders, and it simply is a blessing with the controls and gameplay engine from Generations. It gorgeous, truly what Sonic Unleashed everyone wanted.

BlackJace

The high res PC screenshot thread tends to appreciate Generation's vibrant color pallete. The game is seriously eye popping and gorgeous at times.

Broach

Banned
Simply amazing. It has the sound effects, unique obstacles that were only in unleashed, the shaders, and it simply is a blessing with the controls and gameplay engine from Generations. It gorgeous, truly what Sonic Unleashed everyone wanted.

I hope they aren't done with doing Sonic Unleashed stuff yet

Some of the extra levels (with the dlc ones) are pretty neat. (Cool Edge Act 4) They should port and re-arrange those.

Nert

I still need to figure out what was making the Unleashed mod crash so much for me, because that is basically the version of the game that I had always wanted to play.

Or I could start up a New Game+ for Etrian Odyssey IV and lose another 50 hours of my life...

OMG Aero

Guys I'm really down and I don't know where else I can turn.

I just finished Persona 4 Golden but I don't want to leave Inaba ;__;

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I need a damn good computer. I really want to play that mod on my own time as opposed to playing it on someone else's computer. Because it looks real good. Mmhmm!

And the music. <3

Guys I'm really down and I don't know where else I can turn.

I just finished Persona 4 Golden but I don't want to leave Inaba ;__;
That happened to me when I finished Persona 4. Good cast; didn't want to finish the game off because of that. You could always try to platinum it and replay it to beat some of the second playthrough bosses. >.>

In addition, you could always play some Persona 3, but the cast isn't as harmonious as the P4 cast.

Or I could start up a New Game+ for Etrian Odyssey IV and lose another 50 hours of my life...
I still have to take that out of its shrinkwrap. Oy.

Listened to the Super Arrange, and that album is real good, though.

The high res PC screenshot thread tends to appreciate Generation's vibrant color pallete. The game is seriously eye popping and gorgeous at times.
It's one of the most underrated games of the generation with respect to aesthetics, imo. Well, the Hedgehog Engine in general seemed like it was like that to me. I will not deny that I feel like I got more out of that game's aesthetics than I did for something of the likes of FF13 or something.

And now Square Enix has Hashimoto's working for them now. Wonder how that's going to go.

I don't know what I hate more, putting in new computer parts or working on the car...=/ (Seriously GM, go to hell)

Okay at least my hands aren't covered in grease/oil right now!

Quick someone sell me a super cheap Steam key for Generations!

OMG Aero

Persona 4 Arena?
I'm Europe so I can't even get that until next month.
Watch the anime?
Already watched all the Blu-Rays that are out right now, just have to wait until whenever the final volume comes out.
That happened to me when I finished Persona 4. Good cast; didn't want to finish the game off because of that. You could always try to platinum it and replay it to beat some of the second playthrough bosses. >.>

In addition, you could always play some Persona 3, but the cast isn't as harmonious as the P4 cast.
I think I might try and platinum it. I never did any of the new game plus stuff on the PS2 version and I got so close to maxing all social links this time around that I should be able to do that now I don't have to worry about those dumb stats you have to level up.
By time I'm done with that either Persona 4 Arena will be out here or at the very least Deadly Premonition Director's Cut will be so I can go to another virtual town I don't want to leave.

Kokonoe

Banned
Sonic 2 has obviously been talked about many times over the many years since it's release, but even so, I'll bring up the Death Egg Robot theme.

Death E.G.G. Robot Music

I feel that the Sonic Generations variant doesn't come close to touching the original track, and to be quite honest, this song is one of the most unique I've ever heard. It's intimidating, and not in a sinister, bad, or evil way, but as if the song means you're up against a pure challenge.

While the Generations Chaos fight was a bit clumsy at times I much prefer its obstacle course style to the original battle which was pretty much just running down a mostly straight corridor 6 times with little to no variation.

BlackJace

Was it worth it? I've never used one.

Absolutely, and this is coming from a first timer with a gaming mouse. The acceleration is customizable, ergonomics are flawless, and it has dedicated "Forward" and "Back" buttons so you never have to hover all the way up to the top of the browser to hit the arrows. Oh, and there's a button that automatically double clicks, too.

All for an insane 12 dollars.

Kokonoe

Banned

It's like they made a ranking system for those Sonic Generations speedrunners.

Absolutely, and this is coming from a first timer with a gaming mouse. The acceleration is customizable, ergonomics are flawless, and it has dedicated "Forward" and "Back" buttons so you never have to hover all the way up to the top of the browser to hit the arrows. Oh, and there's a button that automatically double clicks, too.

All for an insane 12 dollars.

Sounds good then, do you have a link to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom