• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.

qq more

Wow, I'm watching SATAM on Netflix and the episodes have like changed compared to how they use to be in the first section of episodes. Originally it was more darker, and the art style seemed a bit more detailed I think.

Now the characters look rather strange, and the pupils added on Sally look odd as well. Rotor especially had a turn for the worst.

Yeah... Season 2 is great (Netflix somehow thinks the series only had one season) but man did they fucked up a few things. Rotor indeed got it worst.

Because SatAM and AoStH were on at the same time. Adventures was on weekdays, SatAM was on Saturdays. There needed to be a way to differentiate between the two.
One was just "Sonic the Hedgehog", the other was "Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog". Seems to me they were already differentiated...

One was just "Sonic the Hedgehog", the other was "Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog". Seems to me they were already differentiated...

Saying "Oh yeah, I'm watching StH" leaves too much open to guesswork, because it leads to "Well, which StH?". Whatever was adopted was done so out of a functional requirement for it to be that way, I'd say.

Sonic Avatars available on JP PSN:

Sonicpack18_1.png

Those yellow circles are ugly; and Jet, why the hell are you here?

I think it's worth noting that the person who took that pic has made the foolish yet expected choice of Shadow judging by the shopping bag icon.

Kokonoe

Banned
Sonic Avatars available on JP PSN:

Those yellow circles are ugly; and Jet, why the hell are you here?

I'm surprised to see Jet the Hawk.

I actually made a thread on SEGA Forum a few months back, and I believe the poll was either 99% or 100% for people wanting gamer pics of Sonic characters.

I think the top left pretty much confirms Episode III with Knuckles.

I think the top left pretty much confirms Episode III with Knuckles.
Or maybe it confirms Knuckles Chaotix 2!
I'm sure that the Knuckles and Vector renders would fit well popping out of a circle together.

No but really i'm not sure what you're getting at, something bout his position as the next in line? the pose itself?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
That guy bought Shadow. Why.

Eh, they don't look like anything so special that I'd swap out my Atelier Totori PSN avatar for. Blaze or Metal Sonic, maybe. But I like the Atelier artwork too much.

And someone help me. I think I wanna buy Mario & Sonic and the Olympic Games.

Kokonoe

Banned
I'm not. Free Riders only came out in late 2010. And probably sold well.

Free Riders, 2006, Secret Rings, Shadow The Hedgehog. My least liked Sonic games.

I'm not surprised it sold, but I'm just surprised the character is actually that popular being that it isn't from a mainline game. How often do you hear how awesome Jet The Hawk is?

Or maybe it confirms Knuckles Chaotix 2!
I'm sure that the Knuckles and Vector renders would fit well popping out of a circle together.

No but really i'm not sure what you're getting at, something bout his position as the next in line? the pose itself?

I forgot where, but I believe Iizuka said recently he wasn't going to do that. Thanks to pokecapn, I finally gave that game a chance and it's fun, apart from the random level selection.

That guy bought Shadow. Why.

Eh, they don't look like anything so special that I'd swap out my Atelier Totori PSN avatar for. Blaze or Metal Sonic, maybe. But I like the Atelier artwork too much.

And someone help me. I think I wanna buy Mario & Sonic and the Olympic Games.
I should never have trusted Ubisoft, my Globox avatar is so poorly done, a white background for flipsake! I'd jump back to Vega/Blanka (suck it Beef) if it weren't for the fact it cost me 40p for Globox, that Ubisoft price hike!
As a side note the EU store sucks for avatar selection.

And I can't prevent you from being taken over by Olympic fever, just think of all the awesome music that lies within.

I forgot where, but I believe Iizuka said recently he wasn't going to do that. Thanks to pokecapn, I finally gave that game a chance and it's fun, apart from the random level selection.
Part of me really wants to try Chaotix and i'm not sure why, must be Vector's swag walk.

Huh, that original Jet actually has Wings, my main gripe with him was that he was a bird with arms but no wings.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Part of me really wants to try Chaotix and i'm not sure why, must be Vector's swag walk.

Hey, part of Nocturnowl that wants to play Chaotix. I have played it. And frankly, you don't really want to play it. The game simply isn't fun, nor is it particularly good. The tethering mechanic is a chore, the level design isn't very good, and the music is generally forgettable. The only thing it has going for it are the graphics, but those alone aren't enough to save Chaotix from being a bad to mediocre Sonic game that doesn't even let you play as Sonic.

Hey, part of Nocturnowl that wants to play Chaotix. I have played it. And frankly, you don't really want to play it. The game simply isn't fun, nor is it particularly good. The tethering mechanic is a chore, the level design isn't very good, and the music is generally forgettable. The only thing it has going for it are the graphics, but those alone aren't enough to save Chaotix from being a bad to mediocre Sonic game that doesn't even let you play as Sonic.

Hey there, this is the part of Nocturnowl that doesn't want to play it because he's aware of its shoddy reputation, cheers for bringing this up so I can rub it in the face of the part of me who is foolish enough to want to play it but now he's saying stuff like "you can't trust that guy, he poops on SMW" but frankly I don't know what he's on about.

I think it's kind of telling that the game has never appeared elsewhere in Sega compilations or download services.

Kokonoe

Banned
As I've said before, I played this game once over a decade ago and was immediately put off by it and never attempted to play it until I saw pokecapn's "Let's Play" of it a few months ago.

It's an enjoyable game, and it's more of a "pick up and play" type of game.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Hey there, this is the part of Nocturnowl that doesn't want to play it because he's aware of its shoddy reputation, cheers for bringing this up so I can rub it in the face of the part of me who is foolish enough to want to play it but now he's saying stuff like "you can't trust that guy, he poops on SMW" but frankly I don't know what he's on about.

I think it's kind of telling that the game has never appeared elsewhere in Sega compilations or download services.

It's not so much that I poop on SMW as that SMB3 poops on SMW :D

But yeah, Chaotix is a good-looking game, but it's just not very fun to actually play.

That's mostly because they have better things to do than build a 32x emulator for a single game.
See I figured this might be why but why'd you have to ruin my fun?

It's not so much that I poop on SMW as that SMB3 poops on SMW :D

But yeah, Chaotix is a good-looking game, but it's just not very fun to actually play.

I can't counter argue that, it's one of the eternal video game debates, like Sonic 2 vs Sonic 3, in the end we all win.

qq more

Knuckles Chaotix music is forgettable? Are you kidding me?! It was the one amazing thing about the game.

...But yeah the game sucked otherwise. Except for maybe the special stages, I thought those were super cool.

Tizoc

Anyone else read the latest Sonic Universe? I'd say my fav. part of it was
Naugus, hope the Elias part of the story is better in the last issue.
Also, they need to pull off a roster change; make Shard one of the freedom fighters

I still say Taxman's new Retro Engine project should be taking Knuckles Chaotix and making it a good game.

But that would probably require a lot more than Sega's willing to let him do, assuming he would even want to. That'd be new level designs, new level gimmicks, maybe fundamental changes to game mechanics...

You'd kind of want to make a whole new game at that point, I guess.

ShadiWulf

I think Ken also said Episode 2 is under performing compared to Episode 1.

What?! Ken would never say such a thing! His job is to make anything related to the game in a positive light, which he is very good at doing =)

Ken is the perfect guy to offset the crazy Iizuka quotes for Sonic 4. He can spin anything.

qq more

Considering how bad Episode 1 was... I'm not surprised many wouldn't give Episode 2 a go. In speaking of, I need to finish that game in co-op mode.

ShadiWulf

Considering how bad Episode 1 was... I'm not surprised many wouldn't give Episode 2 a go. In speaking of, I need to finish that game in co-op mode.

well i wouldn't be surprised if it did turn out that way, but what I'm saying is Ken would never admit such a thing. He is the spin master. I don't mean that in a negative way either, hes really good at his job =) lol

What?! Ken would never say such a thing! His job is to make anything related to the game in a positive light, which he is very good at doing =)

Ken is the perfect guy to offset the crazy Iizuka quotes for Sonic 4. He can spin anything.

I believe it was in the context of "Why aren't more people enjoying Episode 2? I think it's way better than Episode 1."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom