• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.
They seem to only be putting up the Game Gear exclusive Sonic titles up at the moment. If they ever do get around to putting up Sonic 1,2 & Chaos, it'll probably be the Master System versions.

Columns GG has been ESRB rated for almost a year, I think.
The MS versions of Sonic 1 and 2 are superior anyway. I haven't played Chaos in a while so I can't say on that.

She said Sonic Chronicles! I get to post the song!

xXgCa.jpg

"I never agreed to that rule!"
Man you know this song would be 10 times less offensive if the second part wasn't in a different key for fuck-all reason.

Case in point: those YouTube comments Sega1991 keeps posting on his Tumblr.

Take a dump in a bag with a picture of Sonic on it. Somebody will like it because it's associated with Sonic.

Emitan

I think my brain was sheltering me from the story. As I sit here it keeps dawning on me how bad it is and it keeps getting worse.

I remember reading that thread back at the time and i'll always just conclude it's one of those stories designed to simply get moderately controversial attention or maybe a tag but who knows.

TheOGB

Banned
I remember that thread...

so uhh, I got all the sun and moon medals in sonic unleashed

OH MY GOD THAT VIDEO MAKE IT STOP

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Liking Sonic 06's soundtrack is perfectly acceptable. Liking the story... well... umm... you know I don't like it, but that might be a subjective thing.

Liking how it plays? Nah. Nope.

I... ummmm....

...Hm.

They'd probably approve and organise a trip to the tube.
oh my god.
KuGsj.gif

It's the SonicGAF* theme song!

*As voted on by SonicGAF*

*The only member of SonicGAF present during vote was me
Why didn't we get our voter cards in the mail, I wonder?

qq more

I think I actually hate the story much more than I hate the gameplay. I mean... the gameplay is hilariously god awful but the story... THE FUCKING STORY... UGH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVIAyaGa0MM

These are still impressive

I think I actually hate the story much more than I hate the gameplay. I mean... the gameplay is hilariously god awful but the story... THE FUCKING STORY... UGH.

But it IS a great story! Don't you like storylines where Princesses get kidnapped and rescued and kidnapped and rescued kidnapped and rescued kidnapped and rescued kidnapped and rescued kidnapped and rescued kidnapped and rescued?

And that bit where time travel is treated like some revolutionary impossible technology and then they reveal that time travel is actually super easy as long as you shout "Chaos Control" first? That was my favorite part!

I really connected with how Princess Elise has zero personality of her own - it made it all the more heart wrenching when she cried after Sonic gets shot in the back.

Kokonoe

Banned
At first when I realized essentially the story never happened I thought it was terrible, than I realized it's the only saving grace about it.

Yeah, well, Final Zone really was a game. (A Fist of the North Star game without the Fist of the North Star license, IIRC. It sucked was already dead.)

But it IS a great story! Don't you like storylines where Princesses get kidnapped and rescued and kidnapped and rescued kidnapped and rescued kidnapped and rescued kidnapped and rescued kidnapped and rescued kidnapped and rescued?

And that bit where time travel is treated like some revolutionary impossible technology and then they reveal that time travel is actually super easy as long as you shout "Chaos Control" first? That was my favorite part!

I really connected with how Princess Elise has zero personality of her own - it made it all the more heart wrenching when she cried after Sonic gets shot in the back.

06's story is justified for this moment

I guess I should replay Superstar Saga.

I replayed the game so much it unfortunately fell into the position where I have trouble replaying it these days, still it's been a while, maybe next year, I never get tired of pulling stupid poses for the passport photos.

Kokonoe

Banned
Wow, I'm watching SATAM on Netflix and the episodes have like changed compared to how they use to be in the first section of episodes. Originally it was more darker, and the art style seemed a bit more detailed I think.

Now the characters look rather strange, and the pupils added on Sally look odd as well. Rotor especially had a turn for the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom