• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, Shadow Hog. Is there any cool Single Player campaign custom map packs for recommendation? I have the urge to play some!
Not really much in the way of map packs, but a recent contest had this single-player stage called "Dumbventure" which is incredibly high-quality. Just don't ask what the hell Donkey Kraken is supposed to be, because I couldn't tell you.

SU_38-0-620x.jpg
In the not too distant future,
Next Sunday AD
There was a guy named Eggman
Who's much smarter than you or me...

qq more

I wouldn't mind that design if it wasn't Metal Sonic. Seriously, it goes against his character. He's suppose to be a robot version of Sonic. Not this. If I didn't know better, I would of have mistaken him for Metal Shadow if it weren't for the fact he was blue. :|

ShadiWulf

It's Iizuka's birthday today, so make sure you give him a moment of respect ;P

Actually it's on the 16th, but everyone on facebook is already wishing him happy birthday.

So trying Colors out for the first time, well after having gotten used to how Sonic controls in Generations.

Gotta say... I keep messing up. I keep thinking that I can fill my gauge off of all robots (evidently only some, which have Wisps hiding inside of them) and grabbing rings (not at all), which is leaving me constantly out of boost. The fact that the level design is clearly designed for Wisps I don't have yet doesn't help matters, but at least that I can recognize I just need to return to later (assuming I do, since this is a rental). Thinking rings refill my gauge, that's my own damn fault.

Also not really a fan of how the quick-step only works in certain dedicated areas - I really AM too used to Generations at this point, aren't I..

And somehow, the boss for Sweet Mountain killed me like five times. Yeaaaaah, I suck at this.

ShadiWulf

According to Iizuka, Sonic Colors is an "Platform action" game and normal Sonic games are "Adventure action" games. Maybe the different controls have something to do with that, cause yeah.. I struggled with Colors a lot when I first played it, compared to other Sonic games, still do have trouble with it sometimes, but Sonic Generations feels very natural to me.

JCV

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, so I'm done S-Ranking Sonic Colors, and I have completed Unleashed yesterday. Which means these games are the only 3D Sonic games I have left:

- Black Knight
- Secret Rings
- Sonic 06

Damn...

Sciz

Gotta say... I keep messing up. I keep thinking that I can fill my gauge off of all robots (evidently only some, which have Wisps hiding inside of them) and grabbing rings (not at all), which is leaving me constantly out of boost. The fact that the level design is clearly designed for Wisps I don't have yet doesn't help matters, but at least that I can recognize I just need to return to later (assuming I do, since this is a rental). Thinking rings refill my gauge, that's my own damn fault.

Colors is generally built around only boosting in straightaways. If you don't need to, don't.

Looks pretty cool. It's easy to forget that Naoto and Takashi were co-workers even after Sonic Adventure, largely the latter's brainchild, went gold and forever changed the course of console-born Sonic games. I wonder what their work relationship was like as Takashi progressed from designer to producer. For whatever reason, Naoto left for Artoon soon after SA.

Lijik

That picture reminds me I need to finish Journey of Dreams.
For whatever reason I can handle all of the dumb stuff in the campaigns and find it more fun than the average 3d Sonic. But when I get to the last boss as either kid I lose all interest.

ShadiWulf

Sega ha borrado los sonic clásicos de wii por mi cumpleaños!Me siento tan honrado por que prefieran mis juegos con boost y dashpads a go go!
http://twitter.com/#!/TLizuka/status/181201580580806657

Classic Sonic in Wii? (Laugther) No
http://twitter.com/#!/TLizuka/status/181206039704764417

En episode 2 volverá vuestro nivel favorito de los sonic clásicos: Metropolis!!Lo hemos mejorado poniendo barriles como en Carnival Night!
http://twitter.com/#!/TLizuka/status/181202971302969344

Queremos ser abiertos de mente,por eso apoyamos al colectivo homosexual con el ataque combinado de Sonic&Tails en Episode 2.Yaoi para todos
http://twitter.com/#!/TLizuka/status/180709748138704896

qq more

I played through about 75% of Sonic '06 this weekend. I'm taking Anth0ny's side.

Sonic '06 >>> Colors any day.

...We're not friends anymore.

EDIT: You even admitted you barely got anywhere in Colors and only played it with the D-Pad, which makes it UNPLAYABLE.

qq more

Well, if I can ever play Colors for free again, I'll beat it with a Gamecube controller and give my opinion.

Alright, but if you still somehow think it's worse than 06 then you are officially crazy.

I mean, I don't LOVE the game (it's a 7.5/10 game but sometimes 8/10) but holy shit I cannot understand this at all. AT ALL
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I would never say 06 is better than Colors, but I would say they are both bad. The build quality of Colors is light years beyond 06, but that doesn't mean it's a good game. My main problem with it is that the platforming is awkward and feels nothing Like Sonic should.

qq more

I would never say 06 is better than Colors, but I would say they are both bad. The build quality of Colors is light years beyond 06, but that doesn't mean it's a good game. My main problem with it is that the platforming is awkward and feels nothing Like Sonic should.

See?! Now this is what I can understand!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
lol, people were saying the same thing in the Graces thread too.

Should I change it back? I recognize people by avatar too so it throws me off whenever someone makes a drastic change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom