• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emitan

>S-Rank stage in Sonic '06
>360 shuts off randomly before it saves
>mfw
e0xfa.jpg

I am never buying a Microsoft console again

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Your 360 did you a major favour, Billychu!

The worst part is I have a massive backlog. WHY AM I PLAYING THIS GAME?
Clearly people do crazy things when GAF goes down.

Professor Beef said:
Great, now Schala's post reminded me that I still need to watch the Symphonia anime. :(
It's alright. I like the Tethe'alla arc more than the Sylvarant arc. And the best part is that ufotable did the animation for it.

I liked Sylvarant, no fish fruit ferrying, sewer slogging and sentient shadow shepherding on that side of the world.
Seems like a kind of pointless comparison though considering most of the game itself and dungeon areas are in Tethe'alla, they did get the vastly superior chosen at least.

I liked Sylvarant, no fish fruit ferrying, sewer slogging and sentient shadow shepherding on that side of the world.
Seems like a kind of pointless comparison though considering most of the game itself and dungeon areas are in Tethe'alla, they did get the vastly superior chosen at least.

Collette? She was a TERRIBLE chosen!

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
I'm very indifferent towards Western RPGs. I also hate dudebro games. So I can say I haven't been closely following news about that series.

I don't play WRPGs or modern FPS games, but I couldn't avoid registering the shitstorm. Basically, people are very unhappy and vocal about how Bioware ended ME3. I'm not really sure what exactly they are unhappy about, if it's the content of the ending SPOILER:
Shepard dies, oh wait, no, he didn't and then we get some cut scene implying that the trilogy was just an alien dad telling a story to his alien son
, or if it's the gameplay during the final mission people are complaining about.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I don't play WRPGs or modern FPS games, but I couldn't avoid registering the shitstorm. Basically, people are very unhappy and vocal about how Bioware ended ME3. I'm not really sure what exactly they are unhappy about, if it's the content of the ending SPOILER:
Shepard dies, oh wait, no, he didn't and then we get some cut scene implying that the trilogy was just an alien dad telling a story to his alien son
, or if it's the gameplay during the final mission people are complaining about.
I guess people's problem here was expecting anything from a video game story.

Emitan

But I used capital letters :(

Besides, just saying "hurr durr video game stories have sucked and will always suck" isn't helpful, if anything it encourages people to not bother trying- you know, like Bioware did.

No I mean he always expects the worst. All the time. Every second.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
sounds like gravijah
What'd Gravijah ever do to you? D:

Someone else told me about it, and I had to laugh. Though I was wondering
what the indoctrination and speculations things are referring to
since I'm trying to slog through the spoiler thread.

Collette? She was a TERRIBLE chosen!
Colette sucks. Worst chosen ever.

It just so happens that with almost every Tales game, there's that one character I just don't like. :|

Colette sucks. Worst chosen ever.

It just so happens that with almost every Tales game, there's that one character I just don't like. :|

In Abyss (which I couldn't finish because I stopped playing for a few months then proceeded to get lost after trying it again), it was that blue rabbit/mascot thing. Luke was already a whiny jerk, but a friend of mine who was a QA for the game at least explained to me why he was like that, so I gave him a pass.

Emitan

In Abyss (which I couldn't finish because I stopped playing for a few months then proceeded to get lost after trying it again), it was that blue rabbit/mascot thing. Luke was already a whiny jerk, but a friend of mine who was a QA for the game at least explained to me why he was like that, so I gave him a pass.

MIEUUUU~

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
He took from me... EVERYTHING

In TotA so far it seems that character is EVERYONE
Poor Gravijah isn't even here to defend himself. :(

And yeah, uh, part of the reason why I don't care for TotA is because I dislike a lot of people in that game. Tear, Jade and Asshole Luke are fine. Everyone else sucks. Especially Mieu. He's down there with Mormo for worst Tales of mascot.

And, while I have my Game Gear all dug out:

jNNgm.jpg

What should I play?!

Emitan

Poor Gravijah isn't even here to defend himself. :(

And yeah, uh, part of the reason why I don't care for TotA is because I dislike a lot of people in that game. Tear, Jade and Asshole Luke are fine. Everyone else sucks. Especially Mieu. He's down there with Mormo for worst Tales of mascot.

And, while I have my Game Gear all dug out:

jNNgm.jpg

What should I play?!

Nah, don't worry about Grav. I love him. Just don't tell him that.

I really wish my parents hadn't made me sell my Game Gear ;_;

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
MEAN BEAN MACHINE Super Columns is pretty cool.
No more Mean Bean Factory!

I really liked Columns as a kid, and played it and Tetris rather obsessively (ie: I liked each for different things). I guess the IP is dead now, though.

Nah, don't worry about Grav. I love him. Just don't tell him that.

I really wish my parents hadn't made me sell my Game Gear ;_;
Gravijah probably already knows. :p

And why? Most of the games I have for it aren't very good.

I guess my parents aren't actually as dumb as I thought. They bought the AC adapter.
I had an AC adapter too. Mine didn't want to stay in there sometimes, though.

Portability-wise, the Game Gear is horrible and a battery sucker, but we all know this. :/

Sonic Adventure 2 has better rock tracks than the ones in SA1. Everything else is mediocre.
I enjoy SA2's soundtrack more, but I don't have a negative opinion of SA1's soundtrack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom