• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kokonoe

Banned
That's why I don't talk about Metal Overlord much anymore. I know it'll make you feel kinda disappointed. :p

Hahaha. The thought is actually quite nice, but feel free to if you really want to. I admit, I've personally been trying to tone down on mentioning my distastes for things lately, and there is nothing wrong with mentioning your distaste with things and that's not why I'm doing it much less, but there's only so many discussions I want to partake everyday now and I can use that time to work on beating more games. (although I admit I'd rather talk about things I like more)

I do think some people questioning your taste with regards to the Adventure games in other threads steps over the line a bit, though. Whatever, you like 'em, you like 'em. No need to get upset over it because opinions are surprisingly a thing.

It's something I've grown use to on NeoGAF, it's happened since I've joined this forum but I always keep in mind that I never try to jump on someone for liking something so it amazes me how many try to do that to me. I don't want to sound like a victim either, but I admit I do not care for it when someone tries to tell me I'm wrong for liking something, as would anyone.

Pietepiet

You do know Samba de Amigo is mostly licensed music, right? Ricky Martin has Living la Vida Loca and Cup of Life in Samba de Amigo.

I don't think I could see Latin music like that working in Sonic, though. Maybe if there was a cool Latin stage, but it's much more party music than anything else.

Kokonoe

Banned
You do know Samba de Amigo is mostly licensed music, right? Ricky Martin has Living la Vida Loca and Cup of Life in Samba de Amigo

I didn't know who you were talking about until I googled that song, yeesh that's been such a long time since I heard that. I know tigger likes Vamos a Carnival, sure he was talking about that style of music for a level.

The only level that's like that is Dust Hill Zone and it wasn't released.

Pietepiet

yeesh that's been such a long time since I heard that.

Hahaha, yeaaaaah. It's not something anyone should listen to on a regular basis.

Vamos a Carnaval is a SEGA original, actually, and one of the few tracks from Samba de Amigo I could see working in Sonic. (It was also used in PSO)

Articalys

Ah, looks like TSS has an article up about that AOD panel I mentioned a few days ago:
Remember that Sonic 10th Anniversary statue SEGA posted on their blog on Saturday’s Hedgehog Day? SEGA has donated several rare items, including that statue to the event’s charity auction, which aims to raise money for community causes.

The biggest news for fans is that SEGA will be holding an official panel talking about the history and future of the Sonic the Hedgehog brand, hosted by Sonic Brand Manager Aaron Webber. The description for the panel reads:

Super Sonic: Behind the Scenes of Sonic the Hedgehog

Explore the rise, fall, and recent resurgence of Sonic the Hedgehog in games and other media. An in-depth, behind-the-scenes look at Sonic’s creation, his rise to fame in the early 90′s, and his transition into 3D and the present day. Bring your questions and your passion for Sonic – all are welcomed! With Aaron Webber, Brand Manager, SEGA America

AOD 2013 will be held February 16th-17th 2013 at Hotel Kabuki, Japantown, San Francisco, CA, with the panel scheduled for Saturday February 16th at 3pm PST in the Live Events 1 room. Registration closes today, so if you would like to attend, you better purchase your tickets quickly.

Will a new Sonic game be revealed at the event? The date of this panel lines up with our report last month that a new Sonic game would be teased/announced in the middle of February. While one source gave us a game description together with a brief February schedule, other sources told us a Sonic game will be teased/announced mid-February.
As I said, I'll be there for sure to see what, if anything, happens.

Noi

Does Evade do...anything, in this game!? (FF6)

If you're playing a non-GBA version, yes. Evade is bugged and doesn't do anything.

M. Block, on the other hand, is used for both physical and magic evasion. You raise that by a bunch, you don't get hit at all.

I've been playing it off and on for months, which probably isn't the best way to do it, but I am enjoying it, despite my burning hatred for random encounters, and there are soooo many of them. The story is actually pretty engaging and even funny, none of the shonen anime shit from my visit to FF7 and 13. It straddles a line between deathly serious good guys vs Evil Empire stuff and some actually humorous material. And there's airships and chocobos and Moogles and shit. It's like, "Hey, I'm getting the appeal of this series!"

Plus, it's actually pretty easy, which is just fine for an action junkie like myself. I haven't had to do much in the way of grinding, and whenever I get bogged down with another damn dungeon full of random encounters, there's always a really fun set piece down the line.

There's also one dude in here who's got straight up Street Fighter notations for his moves, he's pretty awesome.

It's good! Not SMRPG, CT, or Secret of Mana good, but I'm enjoying it!

HAqQa.gif

They should have just made a game with this guy. Sabin vs The World. I wanna suplex planets and space stations.

Kokonoe

Banned
Paper Mario TTYD: 1000/1000
Paper Mario 9.5/10
Superstar Saga 9.5/10
Bowser's Inside Story 7.5 or 8.0/10

I still need to beat Mario RPG, but that'll come later after I finish what I'm working on now.

I love TTYD, and I like the first game too, but I like SMRPG more, for some reason. Still need to get around to playing the M&L games in their entirety.

Also, I played the Revengeance demo yesterday. Yeah, gonna be buying the fuck out of that one, holy shit.

SMRPG is also fucking ugly as sin compared to both M&L and especially Paper Mario, so it starts on a bad foot and gets worse from there. Still fun though!

He seems perfectly fine with killing babies right after they hatch. :p

I don't even know what you're referring to here. Jumping off of Yoshis in mid-air? lol

qq more

I'm assuming this is fan made? So much bad level design choices in that.

All Dust Hill levels are fan made because SEGA probably never made the level itself outside of that mock up shot. And yeah, that level looks kind of poorly designed... but that looks way better than that one hack where it combines the winter level. That one was maze like, I got lost trying to find the exit sign in one of the acts and I got a bunch of Time Overs thanks to its poor design. I think the hack was called Sonic 2 Long Version.

http://sega.jp/20130212/

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=512090

-edit-

No Sonic 2006-2 fun, it's only a Korean online game apparently.
I misread that thread title as "Chao Online" and got excited until I saw the thread itself... I should of have known better :lol

I started Paper Mario but forgot about it; why the hell am I helping Goombas? I should be stomping on their faces. :I

THAT'S RACIST!!!!

qq more

this isn't great news because it got delayed to SEPTEMBER

SERIOUSLY

WHAT IS THERE ON THE WII U SOON ASIDE FROM MONSTER HUNTER 3 (WHICH IS A REMAKE OF A WII GAME ANYWAYS)?!??!?!?!

I hope Wii U's holiday makes up for the atrocious 2013 lineup, I'm not really happy about this delay.

qq more

sad day is sad

All would be forgiven if they add online co-op. That is what the game is seriously missing. There needs to be more platformers with online co-op. Was disappointed (yet not surprised at the same time) that NSMB U didn't add that. :<

kqtCql9.png

THANKS RICH

THAT WAS SURE INTERESTING NEWS

Boy, this Wii-U purchase is just getting better and better!

Guess I'm gonna get my wish for non-touch screen gimmick version after all!

Although I'm not TOO surprised. This is UbiSoft, remember? I think Rayman 2 was ported to every system except the TIGER handhelds.

qq more

I really don't care about it going multiplat. That's great news for everyone else, but the long delay is just not acceptable

BHZ Mayor

Looks like Rayman Legends is being sent out to die. Delayed to port to two systems where
(1) the audience for this type of game isn't even that large.
(2) Most of the install base is going to be too busy with GTA5.
(3) Even the Wii U audience is going to be too busy playing the Nintendo exclusives that have dropped by then.

&#8220;Obviously there will be cooperation on the PS3 and 360, but on the Wii U there is still this magic of having one player that can play on one system with a new experience and the other on the usual game pad. That stays a Wii U exclusive for sure, by definition.&#8221;

LMAO, dat spin

Nert

Looks like Rayman Legends is being sent out to die. Delayed to port to two systems where
(1) the audience for this type of game isn't even that large.
(2) Most of the install base is going to be too busy with GTA5.
(3) Even the Wii U audience is going to be too busy playing the Nintendo exclusives that have dropped by then.

I disagree. The install base for 360/PS3 is huge and the game could find an audience by being something that's very different from the standard September-November blockbuster. Rayman Origins ended up being profitable over time and more people will be excited for Legends when it comes out because they know what to expect now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom