• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
How did I missed this? This is a perfect idea. Would the GAF mods allow us to do that? I hope so!
PM someone just in case, but I don't think they'd mind too much since the thread's going to be a continuation of a community thread / will be in community at the start anyway.

Kokonoe

Banned
To top that masterpiece off, "As you truly imagined it" was what the PR of Sonic 4 for the campaign and also on the forums kept using for Episode I in threads regarding the game.

"This is Sonic 4 as you truly imagined it!"

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I always feel uneasy PMing people for some reason. :lol
You can PM me!

PMing mods are alright. I usually PM the ones I feel comfortable with if I need a title change or, in the case of the Phantasy Star thread, to see if 2 posts for an OP would be okay.

qq more

I feel that way about posting.

Posting I stopped getting nervous about. Sometimes I do get a little careless and say stupid things though.

When it comes to PMing anyone, I always get nervous. Even when PMing friends I hesitate because I don't really want to annoy them. Am I the only one who feels that way in regards to friends?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I used to be really afraid of posting on GAF... and on any message board, really. I was always afraid of saying something really stupid or something I'd regret later.

I still sorta feel like that sometimes.

qq more

There's a few posts in this forum I absolutely regret saying. Like... the time when I got annoyed that VVVVV on the 3DS eshop was 8 dollars while the Steam version was 5. I really worded it stupidly and got mocked by a mod. Then someone mocked me in an IRC chat about it. :lol I kind of deserved it though, it was a really dumb post.

And then there was that one time I tried to convince myself that Emerald Coast was Neo Green Hill Zone in Generations 3DS. This was back when all we had of that level was just a single screenshot (the level wasn't officially revealed back then). It was also a really dumb post too. But I'm going to blame Iizuka for lying! He said we would see the GBA levels! Damn you Iizuka!

Noi

I like ACT 2.

I kinda liked some of the Vita stuff that the game had on that platform (despite feeling superfluous).

But yaaaaaay! too bad it's delayed. :/

I liked the Vita version better cause of the touch screen to get lums part, but I hated the Murphy segment in the GameStop demo kiosks for Legends. Thats the kind of touch gimmick I mean.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I liked the Vita version better cause of the touch screen to get lums part, but I hated the Murphy segment in the GameStop demo kiosks for Legends. Thats the kind of touch gimmick I mean.
Ohhhhh. Yeah, I get that. I remember being kinda weirded out when the rumour came out that Legends was going to be mostly Murphy stuff.

Yeah, I'm thinking |ACT2| might be the clear winner here.
What are we going to do when we finish |ACT3|?!

|BOSS|?

I used to be really afraid of posting on GAF... and on any message board, really. I was always afraid of saying something really stupid or something I'd regret later.

I still sorta feel like that sometimes.

I used to be afraid of posting on GAF because of the stigma GAF has, especially among people I know who do not post on GAF but still pay attention to it (or post on GAF and snicker about it behind its back).

It's a pretty crazy, over the top place sometimes.

TheOGB

Banned
Ohhhhh. Yeah, I get that. I remember being kinda weirded out when the rumour came out that Legends was going to be mostly Murphy stuff.

What are we going to do when we finish |ACT3|?!

|BOSS|?
|OT3&K| Unlike Sonic I Don't Chuckle

Let's just skip to |OT4EpI| As You Truly Imagined It

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I was too nice to FF6 in that thread, reading my initial post in there. Right now, as I'm playing through it for the anniversary thread, I'm rather indifferent to it. I like its presentation a lot, I find the dungeon aesthetics really bleh, I like the music a lot, and I only feel like a mere fraction of the cast is meaningful to the game.

I really have to wonder if I'm just disenchanted with the RPG genre in general. But I played Sora no Kiseki the 3rd in December/early January at a few GAF members' urging and I loved that game a ton.

Man, what's wrong with me? :/

Sega1991 said:
I used to be afraid of posting on GAF because of the stigma GAF has, especially among people I know who do not post on GAF but still pay attention to it (or post on GAF and snicker about it behind its back).

It's a pretty crazy, over the top place sometimes.
I think I get that. It's kind of like that thread yesterday about what you think of GAF. It's a good place when you find good places to post and some of the people here are very intelligent and I respect them a ton. It can be weird whenever certain things in the industry happen (new console launch) or really negative if there's a huge backlash against a game, etc. It's like any message board, really. Just with more volume or a wider demographic spread of posters.

My shyness with regards to posting on GAF before (and a bit now) is more about me being self-conscious.

Noi

It's ok to dislike FF6. I've mentioned that I played it to completion for the first time last year and I didn't come out of the game loving it. At most I could just say "well, at least now I can say I've beaten the game". I do wish later FFs had an equivalent to train suplexing though, I think 7 was the last one where you could pull off ridiculous stuff like that in battle.

I was too nice to FF6 in that thread, reading my initial post in there. Right now, as I'm playing through it for the anniversary thread, I'm rather indifferent to it. I like its presentation a lot, I find the dungeon aesthetics really bleh, I like the music a lot, and I only feel like a mere fraction of the cast is meaningful to the game.

I really have to wonder if I'm just disenchanted with the RPG genre in general. But I played Sora no Kiseki the 3rd in December/early January at a few GAF members' urging and I loved that game a ton.

Man, what's wrong with me? :/

You're just picky is all.

So am I.

Not everyone can be easy to please.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I wasn't around most of the day, so... outside of its shitty delay to September, why else are people pissed about Rayman going multiplatform again? I skimmed and saw that it had something to do with sales, but the only way to extrapolate that sort of content is knowing whether or not Origins sold the most on Wii over the other platforms including PC, Vita and... is the 3DS version of Origins even out?

I'm surprised it's not coming to PC too.

Okay fine have some Sonic 4 music

This is actually great
The Sonic 4 compositions aren't actually all that bad. It's the shitty soundfont/samples that Senoue used that make them sound like >_<

You're just picky is all.

So am I.

Not everyone can be easy to please.
I'm not picky! D:

...am I? Is that people think I hate almost every game I play? ;-;

qq more

I wasn't around most of the day, so... outside of its shitty delay to September, why else are people pissed about Rayman going multiplatform again? I skimmed and saw that it had something to do with sales, but the only way to extrapolate that sort of content is knowing whether or not Origins sold the most on Wii over the other platforms including PC, Vita and... is the 3DS version of Origins even out?

People are just upset that the Wii U version itself got delayed for no real apparent reason. I think most of us are fine with it going multiplat.. unless I'm missing something?

The Sonic 4 compositions aren't actually all that bad. It's the shitty soundfont/samples that Senoue used that make them sound like >_<
The compositions (final boss music aside, that was the laziest Sonic composition ever) are generally great in Sonic 4. I have a bit of a guilty pleasure listening to the OST but the awful instruments hurts it. I'm glad that there's good remixes though. Shame this is the only Master System remix...

I'm not picky! D:

...am I? Is that people think I hate almost every game I play? ;-;
It's impossible for me to say because most of the games you dislike are generally the type of games I don't really play.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
People are just upset that the Wii U version itself got delayed for no real apparent reason. I think most of us are fine with it going multiplat.. unless I'm missing something?
I was reading the thread about it. Some people were kind of mad to the point that they don't want to buy it. That's uncalled for.

I think they should just release the Wii U version now since it might be all finished. The game was certainly the thing that made me somewhat consider buying the platform, and holding it back from Wii U owners, when the game was one of those launch window games some people probably bought the platform for is probably a kick in the pants.

Aw.

Do I need to restructure my opinions and posting habits? Some think I'm too negative about some games' cons.

Super Castlevania IV is too damn long. Bloodlines superior 16-bit Castlevania CONFIRMED
Nah, man.

(I know it's a PCE game.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom