• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot where I read it, but it always stuck with me. Rondo of Blood is a symphony orchestra, Bloodlines is the badass rock concert. GORE! Mostly personal preference, but I do think they both stand heads and shoulders above their NES counterparts.

Plus, I'm just a sucker for well-done Sega Genesis graphical effects, and this thing is chokeful of them. Konami's most impressive Genesis game not named Contra: Hard Corps.

Anyone who is worried about how they come across or act on a forum...probably should just spend less time on it and focus on more relaxing hobbies...like games!

Plus, I'm just a sucker for well-done Sega Genesis graphical effects, and this thing is chokeful of them. Konami's most impressive Genesis game not named Contra: Hard Corps.

That Leaning Tower of Pisa boss fight was just the coolest thing. Still impresses me to see it today.

Rondo's pretty damn fantastic too, though. The Ghost Ship is my personal favorite Classicvania level.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Anyone who is worried about how they come across or act on a forum...probably should just spend less time on it and focus on more relaxing hobbies...like games!
Actually...
Once, some people (not on GAF) saw my posts in Tales threads here, and complained about them because the posts made it seem like I hated the games because I was being "too mean" to the game and thus it would affect the game's sales or some weird shit because GAF is a popular place and people would read this stuff and be turned off to buying the western versions of the game..

I don't really care since I'd rather be honest about the game and not oversell it because it's far from perfect, but man I was surprised that GAF got around like that.

Konami's most impressive Genesis game not named Contra: Hard Corps.
For the longest time, I had a copy of Contra: Hard Corps without knowing I had a copy. It was in a blank case. I knew that I'd played it when I was younger, but I had no idea that I had a copy until I was doing an inventory of the games I had and opened the case some years ago.

If they went through the crunch time for the game, I really think the Wii U version should be released.

Actually...
Once, some people (not on GAF) saw my posts in Tales threads here, and complained about them because the posts made it seem like I hated the games because I was being "too mean" to the game and thus it would affect the game's sales or some weird shit because GAF is a popular place and people would read this stuff and be turned off to buying the western versions of the game..

I don't really care since I'd rather be honest about the game and not oversell it because it's far from perfect, but man I was surprised that GAF got around like that.
GAF > Internet > GAF

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Any time Super Sonic vs Perfect Dark Gaia comes up on my car CD player or my mp3 player, I feel a bit disappointed that the only two live / real instruments being played in that entire affair are an electric guitar (Jun Senoue) and an electric bass (Tomoya Ohtani).

It's really too bad they didn't just outright orchestrate the entire thing since other themes on the soundtrack are orchestrated. You can really hear the disconnect between the live instruments and the synth stuff after a while of listening it, despite the theme being really really good.

qq more

Music Plant is even better!

That level has nice songs but I like Hot Crater's much more, it suits the style of the game the best. It really has you pumping for speed, especially Act 2.

EDIT: I really should get back to working on the artwork for the planned fan game. You know... with the bridge zone and all!

Sciz

Advance 2 has a bunch of great intros that lead into less than exciting themes.

I shall dub it Snake Man Syndrome.

That level has nice songs but I like Hot Crater's much more, it suits the style of the game the best. It really has you pumping for speed, especially Act 2.

EDIT: I really should get back to working on the artwork for the planned fan game. You know... with the bridge zone and all!

I always thought you were too busy just pressing right to notice the music!

And it does get you pumped for speed but I thought Music Plant Act 2 did just as good of a job...I could also just be a sucker for music based levels, heh.

qq more

I always thought you were too busy just pressing right to notice the music!

And it does get you pumped for speed but I thought Music Plant Act 2 did just as good of a job...I could also just be a sucker for music based levels, heh.

I was talking about the song itself, not the level. Hot Crater was definitely ehhh as a level.

Music Plant is the superior level for sure.

Fuck that MGR:R thread. BOY THAT TEN YEAR OLD GIRL SURE IS HOT HUH. Fucking weirdos.

oh god even in MGS threads? :(

Kokonoe

Banned

iq59ZVSj1RsX6.gif

Kokonoe

Banned
Damn, I miss this show.
Still great, I watch the whole thing once a year.

It takes ten episodes of filler for awesome moments like that to happen though...

Still great.
except the buu saga which I only watch for the action as it is one of the wor...wait im trying to not mention my dislikes so much, whoops.
Way too much creepiness on Gaming side lately. Times like this I wish I had mod powers so I could talk to the staff about sorting this mess out.

Honestly if you were capable of that, then they should. The creepiness that goes on in PokeGAF by most of the members there and a lot of people in gaming side in stuff like the Lightning threads posting their sick little desires for everyone to see because there is a lack of self control there that they feel they need to tell the world everything about that, I would be all for it.

qq more

Still great, I watch the whole thing once a year.

How many episodes are there??

Still great.
except the buu saga which I only watch for the action as it is one of the wor...wait im trying to not mention my dislikes so much, whoops.
It's okay, I didn't like the Buu saga much either, despite it having some good moments.

Way too much creepiness on Gaming side lately. Times like this I wish I had mod powers so I could talk to the staff about sorting this mess out.

I'm honestly surprised such action hasn't been taken already. It's really unacceptable and creepy.

BlackJace

I really want to rewatch all of DBZ someday. Anyone know the exact number?

Shamelessly stolen from the internet:

In the Japanese & other version, there are 291 episodes. In the US version here, there are only 276 shown here. There are also 13 movies & 2 specials.

MikeMyers

I rewatched all of DBZ last year.

And agree with tigerkiddo that Saiyanman is awesome, probably my favourite Gohan storyline.

Edit: Funny thing is, Gohan was my favourite character until I rewatched the series last year. At that point I found him dull outside of filler (ironically) and the Saiyaman arc.

Anth0ny

I rewatched it all too (coincidentally, a new movie is coming out that takes place just after the Buu saga, which I just wrapped up!)

Honestly, I still love it all the way through. The thing that kills me is the badly animated episodes, which are seen throughout the entire series. Great animation can turn anything in that show into fucking gold.

also, epic meltdown in the edge always-online next xbox thread. EPIC.

MikeMyers

I rewatched it all too (coincidentally, a new movie is coming out that takes place just after the Buu saga, which I just wrapped up!)

Honestly, I still love it all the way through. The thing that kills me is the badly animated episodes, which are seen throughout the entire series. Great animation can turn anything in that show into fucking gold.

HIGH FIVE BRO! I like the the entire series as well, the only thing I had trouble sitting through is the Goku v Frieza filler (one ep was just a flashback...urgh)

And am looking forward to the movie too, I should post on Kanzenshuu more to learn about it.

Nert

To break up the usual complaining about the Gaming forum, I wanted to say that I've enjoyed the thread about how content bloat is damaging AAA games. That premise rings especially true to me in the context of Sonic games, where the amount of superfluous crap (like hub worlds and non-Sonic characters and so on) in them is inversely related to how much I actually enjoy them.

Quackula

I once attempted to marathon through DBZ starting with DragonBall. I made it all the way through DB, but ended up just kinda giving up somewhere on Namek.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom