• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Good Day to Die Hard ain't that great, but honestly, it's not THAT bad. Worst Die Hard ever, but not unwatchable overall (but oh man the first 30 minutes were killing me, it was so badly-directed)

-Villains were forgettable. Shit, the villain was just undefined.
-shaky cam never ever does anyone any favours. Ever. I hate it.
-first 30-45 minutes were sooo sosososo bad. John was acting like this old man who didn't know shit about what he was in the middle of. (ie: bullets are flying everywhere and he's all, "what the heck is going on?!" and acting all weird and senile (not like a cop who's in the wrong place at the wrong time --just because of how it was cut and directed; not because of Willis's acting. I saw Expendables 2, I know he can still be a badass)
-seems like it misses the point of Die Hard completely
-yelling "I'm on vacation!" over and over isn't funny, man. Where's the good quips?

And overall, I had a good vacation for people who asked about it in IRC last time.

Poltergust said:
Eh, some of Sonic's A-rank missions were much harder.

Spindash EVERYWHERE.
This is why I never actively go for A-Ranks in the Adventure games. They'll make me dislike the games overall, honestly (just like how I won't go for the plat in Sonic Unleashed).

That sounds pretty awful but I set my hype levels at near zero anyway, worst Die Hard ever is bad enough for me since 4 doesn't do a lot for me, but no doubt one day in the future I will watch it and weep.

Don't see DH5, Owl. I'm a huge, huge fan of the original, so they already stole my time and money with this POS masquerading as a Die Hard movie.

Don't be me, ya'll!

Noi

Done with P4G, so that's 4 for this month. Lol'd my way through the final dungeon given how overpowered I was just from playing the game.

Merry Vacation, Schala!

Don't see DH5, Owl. I'm a huge, huge fan of the original, so they already stole my time and money with this POS masquerading as a Die Hard movie.

Don't be me, ya'll!
This is the greatest of advice and i'll heed the hell out of it.

Worse than Die Hard 2.

I'm not sure how I feel about Die Hard 2, people give me the impression that I should dislike it when really I find it just okay which is seemingly too much.

This is why I never actively go for A-Ranks in the Adventure games. They'll make me dislike the games overall, honestly (just like how I won't go for the plat in Sonic Unleashed).

It feels so satisfying once you beat them, though. Lost World is one of my least favorite levels in SA1, and when I beat the A-rank mission by like a second I was like "YEAH! TAKE THAT, YOU STUPID LEVEL!"

I'm not really in any position to tell people what films to watch since there's tons of well renowned films i've never seen either because i'm just not that much of a movie guy.
That said, watch Die Hard, it's the nuts.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
It feels so satisfying once you beat them, though. Lost World is one of my least favorite levels in SA1, and when I beat the A-rank mission by like a second I was like "YEAH! TAKE THAT, YOU STUPID LEVEL!"
I can't do it. It's weird because I have patience for this kind of stuff in RPGs, but in platformers? Nah. If it's going to be something that's going to make me dislike the game in the end, I probably won't do it.

I love Sonic Unleashed, but you'd have to pay me to platinum it.

Oh! Welcome to SonicGAF, btw. I know you posted in the other Sonic thread, but I think people just find their way here when they explore community so we don't get lots of new people often.

Time to casually remind everyone that I've never seen Die Hard.
But thou must! It's one of those action movies that's worth a watch.

Merry Vacation, Schala!
Thanks, though somehow I didn't get a lot of sleep. But it was good and I had lotsa fun! Well-deserved since I don't really take a lot of time off anyway. Now I have the rest of the week off to do diddly-squat (read: make study notes and play some games).

...then again, I think everyone knows I don't sleep anyway.

Gratz on beating P4G on V. Hard. Are you going for the platinum?

Funny thing is Tallarico just remixed another track he did:
Black Dawn - Action Theme
Sonic & The Black Knight - Molten Mine

Apparently Great Megalith is also a remix of a Black Dawn track.

They are not even remixed (edit, ah they are, been a while since I listened to them) it's exact because he is a lazy fuck. Worst for me is I played Black Dawn a lot as a kid on my ps1 and still own the game somewhere, I used to listen to those tracks in a cd player so to me they are in no way sonic tunes.

I believe about 4 tunes in the game are all from Black Dawn.

Black Dawn was a poor mans desert strike but I still loved it.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Swords don't really fit Sonic either. Black Knight's kind of weird like that.
Black Knight just seems like a mishmash of things, and tbh, I think the Storybook games would've worked a lot better as adventure games, or maybe games in the vein of Unleashed.

Black Knight really would've worked a lot better as a Zelda/adventure game-like sort of thing rather than combining Sonic gameplay with swordplay. It doesn't work very well at all.

The molten mine tune is actually from a ps1/saturn helicopter game OST as said a few posts up, the game reused music from another title with only some instrument changes and being so used to the game the tune originally came from, I can't imagine sonic running along to it at all, my brain just denies it :p

qq more

The molten mine tune is actually from a ps1/saturn helicopter game OST as said a few posts up, the game reused music from another title with only some instrument changes and being so used to the game the tune originally came from, I can't imagine sonic running along to it at all, my brain just denies it :p

Holy shit. How did I missed this?

I can't do it. It's weird because I have patience for this kind of stuff in RPGs, but in platformers? Nah. If it's going to be something that's going to make me dislike the game in the end, I probably won't do it.

I love Sonic Unleashed, but you'd have to pay me to platinum it.

Oh! Welcome to SonicGAF, btw. I know you posted in the other Sonic thread, but I think people just find their way here when they explore community so we don't get lots of new people often.

Thanks. I haven't really paid attention to the Community subforum until just recently, actually.

So... how about that supposed "leak" for the rumored "Sonic Adventure 3", huh? Only ten days left in February and not even a hint so far. =/

That you did.

I would also like to know what backroom soundbin they pulled most of the gunshot sounds from. Shit sounded like pop-cap guns :p

Even the gun sounds are mediocre!

The only thing it had going for it was the weapon customization that could have been cool if it was in another game.

TheOGB

Banned
You know, you can seriously just jump on the cracked ice to break it. No rock necessary.

/thanksClement
Nluy2Hj.gif

Holy shit. How did I missed this?
Because you didn't read the post above you? :p

Welp. Tomorrow a friend who got two copies of Revengeance early is gonna sell me the PS3 version for $30. That means I can use the preorder cash at Gamestop towards All-Stars Racing Transformed.

It's gonna be a good week.

BHZ Mayor

Play other video games.

Haven't had a system in a while, and I'm waiting for substantial software (among other life-related things) before I jump in next generation.

I've been getting ones that say "STOP! DAD MOM BROTHER WIFE" or something similar.

...that's literally all it says.

...what the hell is it advertising?

I've been getting that one too. It seems...unsettling to say the least.

Maybe they should design a game around the concept of gliding everywhere in that goofy pose.

I mean, glitches in Onimusha are what led to Devil May Cry to begin with, so...

The scene where he spurts fire out his ass? That could be used as a boost, clearly. Rocket faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarts

Quackula

Maybe they should design a game around the concept of gliding everywhere in that goofy pose.

I mean, glitches in Onimusha are what led to Devil May Cry to begin with, so...

The scene where he spurts fire out his ass? That could be used as a boost, clearly. Rocket faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarts

NiGHTs sequel confirmed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom