• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seven Rings in Hand is a good song

image.php

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I never liked how they managed to suck all the life out of the chorus, which was all the song had going for it in the first place.
This. The original's actually pretty good. I didn't used to like the original song very much before, but I'm used to it now. I can't listen to the Crush 40 version.

The Crush 40 version of Free is good and better than the original version.

I'm still waiting on my drum n' bass remix of The Palace that Was Found.

This. The original's actually pretty good. I didn't used to like the original song very much before, but I'm used to it now. I can't listen to the Crush 40 version.

The Crush 40 version of Free is good and better than the original version.

Eh, I'm actually the opposite; the original Free made me realize why I hadn't been enjoying some of Crush 40's newer songs. I honestly think that
they should get a new lead singer. Johnny's not getting any younger, and I thought the lead singer of the original would be a good replacement
...or they could just bring back Runblebee.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
We're talking about how awesome Sonic and the Black Knight's soundtrack is? And everyone's posted most of the stuff I'd probably post?

You've done good, SonicGAF. You've done good.

TheOGB

Banned
It's weird how Black Knight was poised to be a lot better than Secret Rings in every way, but then it turned out giving Sonic a sword was just as bad as people thought it would be.

I'm just going o go ahead and say that conceptually, I thought Secret Rings and Black Knight were pretty cool. I mean Sonic going fast in and around fairy tale worlds of myth and legend? That's great.

They also actually had surprisingly well done stories.

Merlina being the real villain in Black Knight surprised the hell out of me.

So, um, where's Ruby gotten off to on his cross-country tour, then? It's been a while.

Re: Black Knight: Honestly, the first videos and screenshots looked okay. The idea of having a sword to allow for a quick run-and-chop a la a faster-paced Strider was pretty cool; as were the shots of Sonic using the sword to slow down wall traversal, which could've been interesting if the game was more free-roaming a la most platformers from Gen 6. Wide-open fields kinda made me think that might be the direction they were going in, even, so I tried to remain cautiously optimistic. Then the game came out and it was a linear run-then-stop-and-slice-then-run fest that was nothing like the game I was imagining, so I gladly gave it a pass.

TheOGB

Banned
Fucking Ice Cap. I spent most of my time not fishing for that froggy fucker, but just trying to throw the goddamn rock to break the ice

Ice Cap is exactly where I am.

I find that little green fucker and I mange to bait him, he fucking nibbles on the lure and then just swims away every goddamn time.

Screw you Froggy.

So when you say "beat" SA1, do you mean 100%, or just seeing Perfect Chaos?

Because, well, um, Big sucks, yes, but his campaign is not really hard to clear. If it helps, go looking around for the lure upgrades; also, when you get a bite, IIRC you're supposed to hold down on the analog stick to seal the deal.

So when you say "beat" SA1, do you mean 100%, or just seeing Perfect Chaos?

Because, well, um, Big sucks, yes, but his campaign is not really hard to clear. If it helps, go looking around for the lure upgrades; also, when you get a bite, IIRC you're supposed to hold down on the analog stick to seal the deal.

I swear I do that and it doesn't work.

It worked fine in Twinkle Park but not in Ice Cap.

I don't know maybe I was having brain problems.

Fucking Ice Cap. I spent most of my time not fishing for that froggy fucker, but just trying to throw the goddamn rock to break the ice

You know, you can seriously just jump on the cracked ice to break it. No rock necessary.

/thanksClement

In all honesty, though, while Big was not fun to play, his story was not hard to beat at all. If you know how the fishing mechanics work, you can easily beat each stage in like a minute or two, maybe even less.

You know, you can seriously just jump on the cracked ice to break it. No rock necessary.

/thanksClement

In all honesty, though, while Big was not fun to play, his story was not hard to beat at all. If you know how the fishing mechanics work, you can easily beat each stage in like a minute or two, maybe even less.

Getting his emblems is borderline torture. Torture that I will never put myself through ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom