• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread |OT3 & Knuckles|

Hey, Sonic GAF, I've just decided that I'm gonna try posting in here (might as well join a community at some point). So I'll start with the fact that I AM LOSING MY MIND trying to complete mission 53 in SA DX. Does anyone have any tips? I finally finished Tails' damn flags mission and now I must endure this. :(

Also, I'm reserving judgement on Kirk Thortan's Shadow in Boom until we actually hear it in context of the show. Maybe it makes sense with the new interpretation of the character?

I can't believe I even bothered with all those DX missions now I think back to them. Refreshing my memory on 53, wasn't it a case where you had to make sure you got the best possible jump off the last two jump ramps by leaving the leap until the last possible moment? granted it's been over 10 years since I actually did it.

I can't believe I even bothered with all those DX missions now I think back to them. Refreshing my memory on 53, wasn't it a case where you had to make sure you got the best possible jump off the last two jump ramps by leaving the leap until the last possible moment? granted it's been over 10 years since I actually did it.

Yes, but it's broken. It's essentially just luck and it seems that it's actually easier to try to glitch through the map and fall on to the rings that way. I haven't had luck with either method.

Sciz

I remember this being the mission that broke me.

Speaking of, that reminds me that I'd meant to post this panel:

sonic_the_barrel_asplgnjg2.png

Village

I know I did all of the missions, but its been so long since I played that Game I woudn't be of any help.

Good luck, I'm sure its as broken as you describe it.

I'm god damn motivated now. Still going, but now I'm gonna try the glitch method. Ugh. Being an Achievement/Trophy whore isn't healthy, kids.

PKrockin

Haha! I was watching the AGDQ 2013 Sonic 06 speedrun I had downloaded and seconds after I turned on my phone to post here that I still can't believe how broken this game is, a donation comes in with a shoutout to "NeoGAF's Anth0ny, who thinks Sonic 06 is a better game than Colors." What a funny coincidence.

Kart94

Banned
Haha! I was watching the AGDQ 2013 Sonic 06 speedrun I had downloaded and seconds after I turned on my phone to post here that I still can't believe how broken this game is, a donation comes in with a shoutout to "NeoGAF's Anth0ny, who thinks Sonic 06 is a better game than Colors." What a funny coincidence.

Someone thinks Sonic 06 is a better game than Colors? lol are you serious? Colors was playable, Sonic 06 is not.

Hachitora

Someone thinks Sonic 06 is a better game than Colors? lol are you serious? Colors was playable, Sonic 06 is not.

Way more than just playable. I can't even imagine how someone would like 06 over Colors. Maybe they were judging it mostly on the childish humor in the writing (which granted, I didn't really like either).

Tizoc

I remember this being the mission that broke me.

Speaking of, that reminds me that I'd meant to post this panel:

sonic_the_barrel_asplgnjg2.png

Loved this week's issue, some good laughs, and Shadow on the top in Marble Garden was hilarious, new avatar incoming~

If Sin Cara could actually cut promos I'm sure the imposter Cara storyline would've had the dialogue quality of the SA2 faker cutscene including the botching line cut offs.

Village

doesn't he work on Project M? qq more i mean.

Anyways I have been reading this thread with the sonic boom producer, it eventually ends in ruin and him leaving for a bit because some people really don't like sonic boom.

But some of the information he gives out, and other information he gives out by trying to withhold information is actually pretty interesting.

Kart94

Banned
What is up with all these loading screens? I am playing Pocket Fighters. *one of my more favorite fighting games, so sue me* and i seem to run into loading screens alot. I wonder if that is a problem that plagued Playstation 1 ports of fighting games and if so, why?

btw those screens look pretty nice. what stage are you making?

What is up with all these loading screens? I am playing Pocket Fighters. *one of my more favorite fighting games, so sue me* and i seem to run into loading screens alot. I wonder if that is a problem that plagued Playstation 1 ports of fighting games and if so, why?

You act like Sonic fans aren't used to loading screens.

MuGzc.gif

Falk

that puzzling face
You act like Sonic fans aren't used to loading screens.

MuGzc.gif

I'm thinking of the short time I subjected myself to Generations on PS3 before it went live on Steam.

Holy Jesus a few seconds loading for every tiny thing you do, like collecting bells in white space even.

Tizoc

Ya'all discussing the Sony TGS thing on a chat server by any chance?

btw those screens look pretty nice. what stage are you making?

Yup that affected PSX ports of fighting games.
I think the SF2 collection on PSX was like this:
Select Versus
Loading screen
Select your characters at the char select screen
Loading screen
Char. vs. Char screen
loading screen
match starts
match ends
Loading screen
Win quote
Loading screen
Character select
et al.

Tizoc

A NEW YS!
A NEW YS!
SCHALA IS SECRETLY HYPE AND SQUEEING LIKE A FANGIRL! I AM TOO!
She gon' act all tsundere about it when she posts back in here :V

...but seriously,
A NEW YS!

Tizoc

Those dynasty warriors dudes getting a lot of work

Makes you wonder if some people are desperate for games on their Wii Us or PS4s they'll take anything.
...but hey Musou is like an evolution of beat'em-ups, so if they can make battles/stages last like 5ish minutes each, they have my interest.

Makes you wonder if some people are desperate for games on their Wii Us or PS4s they'll take anything.

Warriors games are simple and repetitive but I don't mind them occasionally if they've got a license I like on top. Enjoyed Gundam 3, One Piece and Bamco's Kamen Rider DW clone so I'm looking forward to Hyrule Warriors and will probably grab DraQue Warriors at some point

As someone who never played Sonic battle I can only look at gameplay footage of seemingly janky fighting and then be somewhat puzzled at its somewhat well regarded status among Sonic spinoffs.
Then I remember its spinoff competition which makes it a bit more understandable.

Sciz

It plays a little better than it looks, and it's also one of the very few games in the series with decent writing.

Top Bottom