• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread |OT3 & Knuckles|

Schala is determined to make up for lost time on that very page alone

Owl link me to your games played/beaten in August when you're done so I can moc-uh read it excitingly.

Regiruler

I generally don't like how this thread sometimes turns into a steamgaf offshoot (at least regarding non-sonic titles) because there is a lively and active discussion for that if not in the thread for the respective games, in the steam thread itself. I suppose it's used as the generic friend list since there's no price of entry, but it comes off as odd IMO.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I barely ever see people talking about Steam content unless it's warranted in this thread, though. Unless people have been doing it more recently and I haven't been around enough to see it. This thread looks a lot like a catch-all games discussion thread in general sometimes. But i haven't been around so I don't know unless examples are provided.

If you're referring to people who talk about their Sonic Generations mods, that's completely welcome in this thread since it goes back to the thread topic and some people might test it out or something.

Freedom Planet discussion is warranted in this thread because it stemmed from Sonic designs.

Steam sales with respect to Sega titles is warranted in this thread, or content regarding Sega in general could be posted in this thread as well since there are people here who are knowledgeable about the company who post in this thread.

Heck, I barely ever talk about Steam because my PC's crap and I only play a few games from Steam on here, but for people like Sciz, Dario ff, Falk, etc., they don't seem to delve too much into Steam discussion much unless it's pertinent to the thread.

Edit: I think I misread because I'm blind as fuck.

But yeah, we've been discussing Sonic for three years, and across that period of time you get to know a lot of people and what their tastes are so if you wanna discuss something, bring it up but don't go pages and pages for it. There's gonna be downtime between games no matter what, so you're probably going to talk about other games in the meantime. I don't mind other people talking about other games at all because I learn from them.

That said, my point from my last post stands.

But I'd say that it's probably better to keep talk limited to games here versus movies and stuff. OT's where you go for that. Or FakeGAF.

You can take the Schala from the tomes, but you can't take the tomes out of the Schala

I used that correctly, right?

good post though<3
Other way around. :V

<3 u too, bb.

I don't go into SteamGAF because I already have my hands full with SmashGAF.

Seriously, I think I read 30+ 50ppp pages of debate today alone. It's exhausting, yet kind of fun.

I generally don't like how this thread sometimes turns into a steamgaf offshoot (at least regarding non-sonic titles) because there is a lively and active discussion for that if not in the thread for the respective games, in the steam thread itself. I suppose it's used as the generic friend list since there's no price of entry, but it comes off as odd IMO.
Between me and the other founding members, we've discussed nearly everything Sonic-related. Of course there's gonna be some downtime between news, and tbh Lost World ain't exactly setting the world on fire. I'll say the same thing here that I always say in other threads: if you wanna discuss something, then by all means bring it up! I may be King of SonicGAF, but it is a benevolent kingdom.

Unless you're a Chao fan.

Feebastic

W-what's wrong with Chao? The Chao garden was the second best gameplay aspect of Sonic Adventure 2 (Battle) in my opinion, after the Sonic/ Shadow levels. I had tons of fun with it, as did a lot of my friends.

See a few years ago I thought Beef was some sort of heartless monster with his chao hate, it wasn't until I replayed the Adventure games more recently that I grasped his issues with them, gating off a number of emblems behind a grind heavy creature raising side mode would grate heavily if you didn't care for force feeding chao energy drives and such antics.

On one hand I like the mode because it entertained me a lot when I was younger, it's got enough variables and elements to it that can get you invested in your chao, choosing the animal parts you want, seeing the form they take over time, sending them to school and then being able to have your various chao bust out a mini choir or band when in the garden has that cute factor to it I can't deny. It was oddly engaging in that strange way that certain sim games are, you're not doing much yet slowly but surely you get a sense of progression and for what it's worth the implementation of the tamagotchi like mode has a surprising amount of depth in how Chao develop for what is simply a side mode distraction within a game.

If this does nothing for you then you've got emblems that have to be gradually grinded out of a mode where you spent a lot of time waiting around in the garden for the Chao to grow up while also speeding through stages over and over on routine shopping runs for drives/animals, so in this case it would be viewed as a chore.

Beef it still a heartless monster though because he almost certainly runs into the garden as Eggman to slap and punt Chao across the screen, yoooooosh.

the 2nd best part of Sonic Adventure 2(behind the Sonic/Shadow levels) were grabbing Omnichao and Tom Brady pitching his ass across the level into bottomless pits

Nintendo needs to make this possible with the inevitably annoying helper character for the next 3D Zelda

y'all need jesus

All jokes aside though, fuck chao.

FUHyQZh.gif

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Indeed, we've all turned up to spread the good word about things that look like homing shots.
THAT SHOT WILL TRACK YOU

pls b careful mister saunick

That was the worst-designed final boss I'd done in forever. Bad audio design. Bad BG design. Bad... omfg.

the 2nd best part of Sonic Adventure 2(behind the Sonic/Shadow levels) were grabbing Omnichao and Tom Brady pitching his ass across the level into bottomless pits
Literally the only thing that chao are good for.

Laura Bailey is the person who got me to hate chao for life. Every time I think of chao, I think of Omochao.

Raise a chao brigade and having her voice all of them is something that'll make me die inside forever.

The final boss was such a design mess that the one trophy/achievement for getting through the fight unscathed felt like a crap shoot to actually obtain.

Kart94

Banned
No kidding. that was such a dissapointment, but then again the game started to stumble at the finish line with the Planet wisp stages.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Blast from the past, brehs.

Combichristoffersen said:
'Sega are proud to announce that we are already hard at work on giving our fans what they have been asking for; a sequel to Sonic Generations, this time dedicated to everyone's favourite anti-hero, Shadow the Hedgehog. Shadow Generations will be a launch title for the Wii U, with additional versions for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Nintendo 3DS to follow. The Wii U version will allow the player to use the Wii U controller's screen to keep track of vital statistics, like how much ammunition Shadow has left for his dual Uzis, how much fuel his motorcycle has left, or the distance left until you find the computer room.

Shadow Generations will be available summer 2012'.

;_;

...with the ending theme by Linkin Park. And Vector will be your Navi-like sidekick, fully voiced, speaking every five minutes if you can't remember where the computer room is. (Though I have heard rumours that Charmy might take over this role after the game's halfway point).

EXCLUSIVE FIRST SCREEN from the upcoming teaser trailer!

lbTAm.png

(Credit goes to Totobeni)

I hear Shadow's smiling these days.

We predicted this and we are to blame.

No kidding. that was such a dissapointment, but then again the game started to stumble at the finish line with the Planet wisp stages.
Yeah, a bunch of us felt like the game was mostly rushed by that point. It's a shame because it felt so good, the level design worked, and the levels were paced well... and then somewhere around Planet Wisp a lot of it fell apart.

Never mind that a few cutscenes that were used in trailers weren't used in the game, iirc?

OMG Aero

Hooray, Smash composer listing!

http://www.smashbros.com/us/music/

WHERE'S SONIC.

Seriously, where's Sonic or Sega anything. Is Namco handling all the remixing? Are we just getting Genesis recordings?

Although I guess Capcom isn't listed either, but I'm not sure why.
Maybe the composers listed are just the ones making new music or arrangements for the game, and all the Sonic and Megaman music will just be the original music.

Going by Sonic's reveal trailer and the returning Green Hill Zone we'll get Sonic Heroes as one of our two whole Sonic tracks on that stage and like it.

None of y'all mofuckas is gonna take my S Rank Vector challenge from me. I AM the music.
Hey pal, you can keep that honour all to yourself, no one will want to contend you for that title ever again.

Tizoc

You know what's a good cure for depression or a slump? Don Rosa comics.
I swear this man is a genius
Pin-upCalender.jpg

nzGgaU.jpg

The facial reactions are just too freakin' good as well
tumblr_mvcm5vuMlU1qmynffo1_400.png

So excited to get the collected editions of his stories by the end of the year.

For that matter HOLY SPIT I NEED THIS!
Gizmoduck_Three_Small.jpg

Even as a casual observer of GAF these days, I don't feel like the site leans one way or another? You just have a lot of fans on all four sides of the equation, so I think it's just really stupid to say, "Oh, GAF has a Sony bias." That might have been true for some reasons last gen, but now? You just have a ton of voices on both Sony and Nintendo's sides. A casual glance at the gaming forum basically tells me that there are a ton of fans from every circle. Maybe if you're deep into the console wars trenches, it feels that way, but from an outsider's perspective based on only viewing the forum when people tell me to and going through several pages through the thread list, it doesn't seem to be leaning in one direction at all. I mean, I see a lot of people not liking mobile games but I don't really care. I like a lot of mobile games these days, and it sucks that people belittle them but I don't let that get to me because I'm not a child who's self-conscious of what people think of me based on what i play.
Would you believe I am looking forward for the official localization of Ace Attorney Investigations 2 on iOS/iPad?
I mean heck short of Capcom Japan releasing the duology on 3DS and Capcom USA follows suit, I'll gladly get them for the iPad, as it is a genre that can work well on the system.

The thing is, that with the big developers releasing games primarly on iPads and the like reduces their position in the eyes of its fanbase, mainly with how iOS games appear uninspired/shameless copy cats or barely any effort put into them. Not to mention EA's release on the platform.

Get the fuck over it. Just play games and fucking talk about them, Jesus. That's kinda why I don't post much; no one's interested in talking about video games anymore. So I just play them and talk about them elsewhere with people who are interested. I don't feel like I've lost much, outside of interactions I have in some threads and I miss posting with a few people who I only see on GAF.
Hear hear~

Ooooh I started using that cuz of my eyesight heh.

Some good points in your recent post Schala, that I can't really add more to it other than that I agree with some of your points.

...and speaking of video games, I'm rather bummed that many GAFfers just appear 'shallow' to me as to why they wouldn't give Freedom Planet a chance. Why does Shovel Knight get the pass but not that game?
Speaking of which, I'm waiting for SK to go on sale before I grab it off Steam :V

I don't go into SteamGAF because I already have my hands full with SmashGAF.

Seriously, I think I read 30+ 50ppp pages of debate today alone. It's exhausting, yet kind of fun.

Relax, just do what I do when it comes to SteamGAF: the last 20+ pages were all about Ronan or people asking about Steam history, rules and regulations, boring-ass stuff like that.
...which gets in the way of giveaways that you would normally have an interest in :V

Village

You know what's a good cure for depression or a slump? Don Rosa comics.
I swear this man is a genius
Pin-upCalender.jpg

nzGgaU.jpg

The facial reactions are just too freakin' good as well
tumblr_mvcm5vuMlU1qmynffo1_400.png

So excited to get the collected editions of his stories by the end of the year.

You are speaking to me , on a spiritual level here.

I should know .

Top Bottom