• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread |OT3 & Knuckles|

HUELEN10

Posted in this thread and got me thinking...

Anyone here own original sketches from Archie?

OT: Does GAF have a good fan game community? I've been working on something special for the last 2 months and I need some advice.

Posted in this thread and got me thinking...

Anyone here own original sketches from Archie?

Can't get to it at the second, but I have one of the original Harvo inked pages for Tails with the Sea Fox, one of the early issues.

I remember it was funny how someone bought the original pages to a Knuckles story post-Penders lawsuit, and you could see all the places where they had taped over white coverings and hasty fixes to hide specific names, visuals, etc. (Like "Albion" or whatever it was.)

Edit: Found it:
bdImqlG.jpg

It was gift from a friend many years ago. Funny enough, you can see the stickers thing I was talking about, here it's covering up a "Sea Fox" logo for some reason.

Sciz

I remember it was funny how someone bought the original pages to a Knuckles story post-Penders lawsuit, and you could see all the places where they had taped over white coverings and hasty fixes to hide specific names, visuals, etc. (Like "Albion" or whatever it was.)

The final print of that issue is a mess. You can pick out the computer fonts mixed in with the hand lettering all over the place where they had to make last minute edits.

It was gift from a friend many years ago. Funny enough, you can see the stickers thing I was talking about, here it's covering up a "Sea Fox" logo for some reason.

Probably out of fear of infringing on someone's copyright.

Probably out of fear of infringing on someone's copyright.

Looks like there's a company called Sea Fox Boats... but it's always been called the Sea Fox. It was even called that in Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal.

Maybe they just decided against including the logo as part of the design.

So the SXSW Sonic stream is happening this week on Saturday but I thought there was something else planned for GDC? I can't seem to find any news about exactly what. Does anyone think we'll finally get some hints about the new game (or games)?

HUELEN10

Nothing for GDC last I read. I forgot about the SXSW thing though. Should my Sonic appear, I'll be at work, so please shine the Bat Signal for me...

a4llYGF.jpg

Unleashed is the only Sonic game from 7th gen that isn't playable in any form on PC (well Sonic 06 too, but a fan made PC port is being done)

I know Xenia is getting there, but not quite

The fact that Sonic Team have managed to uncharacteristically withhold themselves from pumping out console Sonic titles as of late feels me with a combination of intrigue and unease in what's to come.

RK128

I have no expectation from this upcoming event, as Arron stated that no game announcements are going to be at this thing. So, just looking forward to hearing about the comments they make about the series and hopefully a 'hint' toward the anniversary game :).

RK128

The fact that Sonic Team have managed to uncharacteristically withhold themselves from pumping out console Sonic titles as of late feels me with a combination of intrigue and unease in what's to come.

I feel very happy with them honestly. It shows that 'We took feedback on Lost World and Generations to heart' and are going to do something 'huge' for the anniversary.

For the first time since maybe Unleashed and Colors, this won't be a rushed Sonic game. That is something I have been wanting for a while, so I can't wait to see what they have for us this year :D.

S O N I C 5 B O Y S

2D classic platforming action with appropriate physics, beautiful 1080p/60fps presentation, 10+ zones, seamless act-to-act transitions, classic ELEMENTAL SHIELDS + new ones, multiple playable characters with branching level paths, secret chaos emeralds, simple-but-effective storytelling, high replay value.

Basically S3&K 2 on cutting edge hardware. Make it so.

Falk

that puzzling face
FALK!!!

Any words on this... At all? Yeah, I know who composed it, but still gotta ask.

AFAIK, outside of one person, no one doing stuff for Gilvasunner channel has access to our project files.

That's simply a really, really clean edit of a loop of the starting parts of the song with very, very close instrument sound matching.

As long as he looks how he should, I'd welcome a Sonic 5, but it would have to take place before Advance.

I'm just chomping at the bit for a 2D Sonic game with modern production values. Like how Retro's DKC games have a classic feel, but are filled with beautiful 3D environments and high quality music. Logically following from S3&K's advancements certainly wouldn't hurt, either. Could be a real knockout if they nail it.

I guess the alternatives would be either another boost game (which I enjoy, but we got plenty of them in a row), or an experimental game (which usually go poorly for Sonic Team, at least on first outings). But I'll take any quality Sonic game at this point. This holiday it's going to be something like three years since Lost World, so I like to think Sonic Team has something meaty cooking...whatever it is.

HUELEN10

AFAIK, outside of one person, no one doing stuff for Gilvasunner channel has access to our project files.

That's simply a really, really clean edit of a loop of the starting parts of the song with very, very close instrument sound matching.
Wow... That sure is something!

Sami+

I'm just chomping at the bit for a 2D Sonic game with modern production values. Like how Retro's DKC games have a classic feel, but are filled with beautiful 3D environments and high quality music. Logically following from S3&K's advancements certainly wouldn't hurt, either. Could be a real knockout if they nail it.

I guess the alternatives would be either another boost game (which I enjoy, but we got plenty of them in a row), or an experimental game (which usually go poorly for Sonic Team, at least on first outings). But I'll take any quality Sonic game at this point. This holiday it's going to be something like three years since Lost World, so I like to think Sonic Team has something meaty cooking...whatever it is.

I think where I stand on this is mostly a result of S3&K already being perfect. Like, the perfect 2D Sonic game already exists and there's numerous amazing ones as well. But then, there is no perfect 3D Sonic's and the ones I like most (SA1 and Generations) are still heavily flawed. I just want a great one with no caveats alreadyz

HUELEN10

Star Wars Rebels. I got the first Season on the cheap, and the reason I got it in the first place was because I've been watching clips for weeks, because it is intriguing. Then I binged-watched the first season, and then it hit me...

It's SatAM.

Every rebel cell is a group of freedom fighters, Hera is Sally, chopper is Nicole, Sabine is Bunnie...

Like, whoa... I can't get enough of it.

our green-eyed hero
Oh come on. Nobody should be focusing this much on such an inconsequential detail as eye color.

Yes, I know of your history vis-a-vis the subject and this forum. You don't need to actively remind everyone of it all the goddamn time. Sonic's most memorable trait isn't his green eyes, stop treating it like it is.

Regiruler

Oh come on. Nobody should be focusing this much on such an inconsequential detail as eye color.

Yes, I know of your history vis-a-vis the subject and this forum. You don't need to actively remind everyone of it all the goddamn time. Sonic's most memorable trait isn't his green eyes, stop treating it like it is.

You're right.

It's his tan arms.

RK128

The most iconic element to all of Sonic's design is his color; Blue. If he is blue, then he is 'Sonic' to me.

Sonic's design regardless of the Era (Classic, Dreamcast, Modern, the Boom Design), his design has always been iconic, strong and awesome :D.

My favorite design is his Classic Era look due to being so similar to Mickey Mouse (and I love old school Mickey's design :D!) but the rest of his designs work great.

But Sonic's Eyes aren't the only element to Sonic that should be highlighted :l. But, hell, if people are attached to something, let them be happy with it :).

Top Bottom