• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread |OT3 & Knuckles|

Now you aren't allowed to get mad at me. Blame Nocturnowl!

Happy Birthday Schalaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

DZK1f1M.gif

bciis.gif

I'll take this blame.

OMG Aero

Happy Birthday Schala, I found you a cake of your favourite game that you need to finish!
iDTkrit.jpg

Given the kind of series that Neptunia is and what I imagine its fans to be like, it was surprisingly hard to actually find a Neptunia cake and that was like the only one.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone. You're all sweethearts. It's been a quiet day with folks I'm close to, and that's good enough for me. :)

You all only have Nocturnowl to blame for that .... uh... 'cake' being posted in here. Or Nocturnowl's evil twin.

A friend of mine got me Conception II, though. ;_;
I balanced it out by picking Demon Gaze and Guided Fate Paradox yesterday. >.>

Did you guys know there is a bat with tits in Sonic? THIS DISGUSTS ME. I AM OUTRAGED.
What the heck do you mean I'm bringing something up that happened like 13 years ago? What do you mean Sonic hasn't been this bad in six years? Y'all are jokes.

Stop saying I'm resembling Kotaku, u guyz.

http://i.minus.com/iCNtNY7USZKeT.jpg[/mg][/QUOTE]
I never thought I'd ever see that cake again. D:

Oh man, I almost forgot that cake [I]existed[/I], lol.

[quote="TheOGB, post: 109621453"]I think I just found a new favorite. Happy birthday Schala

[img]http://www.wazaf.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/sonic_birthday_cake.jpg
I need to quote this cake for this page because omg.

Well then, now that Nocturnowl's alter ego Penders' has graced us with his masterpiece, there's no better time then to find out SonicGAF's ten favorite Genesis/Megadrive zones.
Will write in descriptions with level map pics and everything later cuz I'm tired, but:

• Green Hill Zone
  • Mushroom Hill Zone
  • Death Egg Zone
  • Chemical Plant Zone
  • Hydrocity Zone
  • Flying Battery Zone
  • Lava Reef Zone
  • Oil Ocean Zone
  • Mystic Cave Zone
  • Marble Garden Zone

Screw order, y'all.

If Sonic CD is allowed, I wanna amend my list. JC said "Genesis/Megadrive".

CorvoSol

How long do you think it'll take before people stop considering games from nearly a decade ago "modern Sonic"? Will take bets.

Take a shot every time on the first page of a Sonic thread someone brings up something "Amazing" and you will be drunk by post 50.

Anthropomorphism is bad because reasons.

TITS ARE BAD. DON'T YOU KNOW WOMEN ARE SEXUAL? THAT'S BAD.

A friend of mine got me Conception II, though. ;_;
I balanced it out by picking Demon Gaze and Guided Fate Paradox yesterday. >.>

What the heck do you mean I'm bringing something up that happened like 13 years ago? What do you mean Sonic hasn't been this bad in six years? Y'all are jokes.

Stop saying I'm resembling Kotaku, u guyz.

I need to quote this cake for this page because omg.

1. I kinda want to play Conception II because its premise is so ludicrous.
2. Nobody played Sonic Colors or Generations because those didn't get enough bad press.
3. I can't decide if that Knux who has seen the end of all things is worse than Silver just being there or not.

Falk

that puzzling face
so apparently we need to all draw straws, pick one each then post in succession every time a "wtf sonic lol" thread comes up

Tizoc

Coldman, when you return, these are for you if you want
ir5cAo8DnoWlI.png
ibxe9dav5cwWN4.png

And these are for everyone else
idywXHoyLOV4R.png
ibqKUkoKVxnsVe.png
iIYUvN7VpRrLF.png
ibpdyZ6GcT4QNX.png
iu09JWyifjWZa.png
ii34B67tOJsdb.png

edit: holy FUCK at that post in the "who's responsible for Sonic" thread
I claim Metal Sonic! Gonna use it in the future when I'm done with my current avatar.

I had the strangest dream last night where I was playing a Werehog stage and it was actually sorta okay, my whacked out dreams to have better level design confirmed.

Tizoc

I had the strangest dream last night where I was playing a Werehog stage and it was actually sorta okay, my whacked out dreams to have better level design confirmed.

Werehog's stage concept isn't bad it's just poorly executed IMO.
I still think Sonic Unleashed could've been Sonic & Knuckles 2, where Sonic was about speed and platforming, where as Knuckles would be brawling/beat'em-up platforming.

Coming to think of it, not once did my mind formed werehog stage burst into BA-DA-DA-DA, actually aside from some giant sand burrowing serpent thing (some Zelda expy I'm sure) it was all about the platforming across the moonlit rooftops of a desert town, except the platforming wasn't jank.

The Werehog is a lot more tolerable in short bursts. The DLC has a lot of shorter levels, like in Chun-nan, and those levels actually feel legitimately fun because of it. It doesn't feel so tedious.

Edit: Also, happy belated birthday, Schala

Just got word that Ben Bates, who's been doing the covers of the past few Sonic comics, is leaving the comic book industry and going into animation, so no more stuff from him.

Sciz

I still think Sonic Unleashed could've been Sonic & Knuckles 2, where Sonic was about speed and platforming, where as Knuckles would be brawling/beat'em-up platforming.

Meanwhile, over in Universe #63

Just got word that Ben Bates, who's been doing the covers of the past few Sonic comics, is leaving the comic book industry and going into animation, so no more stuff from him.

Ah, fuck. I mean, best wishes to the guy and I know he'll be brilliant wherever he goes, but the comics industry just lost an exceptional artist.

On the topic of Archie (Universe #63 specifically), one of the new characters looks surprisingly similar to Emerl, and given how Chaos is set to appear in the finale of the "Waves of Change" arc, out looks like they may be incorporating some elements of Sonic Battle into the mix.

This is really what I wanted from the comics to begin with and am rather glad this reboot happened: utilizing various game elements that Sonic Team either didn't want to expand on or forgot completely while still having its own original stuff happen and keeping a consistent focus on Sonic, instead of trying to be a watered-down Star Trek with unnecessary allusions to the holocaust.

Basically, they just turned the Sonic comics into the Mega Man comics.

Tizoc

Meanwhile, over in Universe #63

Ah, fuck. I mean, best wishes to the guy and I know he'll be brilliant wherever he goes, but the comics industry just lost an exceptional artist.

FUUUUUUUUUUUU, well on the plus side more cartoons with Ben Bates art sounds neat, but I'm gonna miss his comic book stuff =(

Yeah I read the recent Universe issue, was more build up and character interactio but I'm looking forward to the next issue X3

EDIT: One of my fav. pages that he drew
me4fHtS.jpg

EDIT2: Bleh here's an avatar ver., maybe Schalla should use it?
yo4Epdt.jpg

TheOGB

Banned
Top Bottom