• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread |OT3 & Knuckles|

I don't have the heart to tell Nocturnowlet that the 3DS M&L sequel would disappoint even further than the other two. Almost forget about my totally not Red Pink GBA, that takes me back.

Professor (in training) Beef channels his inner Shadow for his DAMN debut, or maybe Ron Simmons if he'd prefer.

And of course pre regal Schala one ups us all kicking off with a few paragraphs just to get into the swing of things, sentences need not apply.

And look at us now, we've all become bitter and cynical, we've become varying degrees of JC.

TheOGB

Banned
KuGsj.gif

We tried to behave in the spirit of the lost smiley faces, but several years have clearly taken its toll. :V
Edit: holy shit, I barely ever see half of those folks in the thread I linked lately.
Oh god, I remember that thread. I still have variations of "The gaiety derived from your post exceeded my self-control tolerances, good sir! You are to be applauded for your efforts!" in a txt file on my computer (and I've used it maybe once). I remember this post.

I don't think my posting style has changed too much from when I first joined; if anything I'm slightly less of a try-hard.

I ain't proud of my earlier posts. Constantly got into petty arguments, sounded angry, and constantly brought up petty points (*Cue the posts of "You still do"*).

Looking at my first posts, my posting style hasn't really changed that much, outside of becoming a bit more friendly.

Also, what does everyone think of the "Sonic's Sidekick" thing?

For the Speed run, I am totally gonna go for different narration styles when talking about how it went... one of which will be like Bastion.

"Don't look down now, little hedgehog. It's a long way, and Mama hedgehog always told him to keep his eye on the goal."

FSLink

Banned
13-year-old Schala posting on GameFAQs was far too optimistic, I'll admit.

Your first post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9452164&postcount=25

Yeah, my posting style doesn't seem that different...but wtf, my first post was in 2008? I didn't think I lurked around that long.

*looks in profile*
that post date: (01-23-2008, 09:18 PM)

Goddamn.

Well at least my first post was wanting to see more Lucas in Smash. SmashGAF seems to be pessimistic about him returning in the new one. :p

AniHawk

first post on neogaf (after the mindwipe of 2004):

I should be getting mine today or tomorrow. Picked up the NES GBA SP for about $66, so I'll have 3 link cables and 3 GBAs...

haha rather sarcastic to boot now i get it.

Falk

that puzzling face
I think I'm lucky that I come off as an asshole right from the very start pretty much anywhere now.

Was looking for previews for stuff on Google Play and noticed that a good bunch of pre-reboot Sonic comics now have Ken Penders' name in the credit descriptions, which weren't there before.

With some help from Dario to set up the rotation and scene, I was able to port the majority of a Unleashed Cutscene to Generations for a test. Missing Particle effects and Chip's Face due to the model not being compatible with Generations. I just always wanted to see the cutscenes in better quality. Although if you look at the real Unleashed Cutscene of this you'll notice the shader difference between them. Just did it for fun nothing serious to it.

With some help from Dario to set up the rotation and scene, I was able to port the majority of a Unleashed Cutscene to Generations for a test. Missing Particle effects and Chip's Face due to the model not being compatible with Generations. I just always wanted to see the cutscenes in better quality. Although if you look at the real Unleashed Cutscene of this you'll notice the shader difference between them. Just did it for fun nothing serious to it.

I've never played Unleashed but that's pretty cool!

Tizoc

Jeez, just release Sonic Unleashed on Steam already SEGA. I'm sure fans can make a mod that lets you play only the Day Stages.

Jeez, just release Sonic Unleashed on Steam already SEGA. I'm sure fans can make a mod that lets you play only the Day Stages.

Would love for that to happen since Unleashed has just better shaders in general. This peculiarity and falloff are too strong in Generations compared to Unleashed soft tones.

I personally don't even mind the werehog if he fully maxed out. Once I learned how his level up thing worked the levels suddenly got much quicker to beat. Not that I would go and play that for fun.

Edit: Better yet we already know how to fix the medal amounts in Unleashed so no more need to collect stuff.

Dr. Buni

So I am finally playing the PC/console version of Generations and damn, this game is amazing. A shame SEGA said they aren't going to make Generations 2.

Also a shame the most recent Sonic games are Wii U exclusives, since I am likely never buying that console, so I will never play them. :(

Anyway, hi Sonic GAF! Long time no see, I suppose no one here remembers me (I only posted a few times in some old OT).

Piccoro

Some of these are stretches, and it sort of hinges on Flying Battery still being a part of Sonic 3 instead of moved to Sonic & Knuckles like it ultimately was, buuuuut:

Thank you for this, Shadow Hog. I've been playing this game for so many years now, and never realized it!

In other news, in case someone missed it, Sonic Unleashed is available digitally for the first time in PSN, since last week!: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...shed/cid=EP0177-NPEB01347_00-SONICUNLEASHED01

Teknoman

After seeing Sonic 4 Ep2 special stage, and how close it looks to what I imagined special stages after 3D blast saturn would look like...

Was Episode 2 that bad? I played Episode 1...and well the game left a lot to be desired. I didnt pay much attention to reviews at the time.

Was Episode 2 that bad? I played Episode 1...and well the game left a lot to be desired. I didnt pay much attention to reviews at the time.

It managed to be better in ways and a bit worse in others leaving it as lacklustre as the first episode, I guess it could be viewed as a bit better on the whole like it's the polished turd edition of Sonic 4.

+ Tweaked physics that have a better feel to them
+ Mostly improved level design I think
+ Stage themes and elements within aren't as heavily derivative of Genesis/Mega Drive games as Ep1
+ Multiplayer I guess?

- Tails team up moves are pretty overpowered and abusable
- Looooong boring bosses
- Sky Fortress Act 1
- Still Sonic 4 so it carries over most overall weaknesses including the music, now with Dying Duck Desert synths.

+/- Episode Metal, more stages that you might be better off not playing

Falk

that puzzling face

Falk

that puzzling face
(If you didn't catch it, that's a Modern Sonic suit e.g. an excuse for temporary homing attack/boost/whatever)

Biker19

Banned
IMO, Sega should've brought on a sequel to Sonic CD (or at the very least, make another Sonic title that's very similar to it in terms of time traveling) with purely Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, & Amy. No more of Sonic's other friends! Or make another Sonic Generations title.

Also, I'm wondering how Sonic gets between Zones in Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic CD, & Sonic 4. Granted, we've seen how he gets between each place in Sonic 3 & Knuckles among other games like Sonic Generations, but I'm just curious about it.

Well, way back in the day, I paid 2300 yen for Final Fantasy IV's OSV. It was a 44-track disc. What that meant was that every single track was never looped. Some tracks were 20-30 seconds. Now that is a rip-off by comparison.

I hate how things are priced in Japan at times. It's no question that many forms of media in Japan are super, super, super expensive (games are like $80-90 over there sometimes, and I've had to spend like $100 on one single import game because of the exchange rate), and it sucks. I wish prices were more regulated there, but that doesn't seem like it's going to happen. So it's still "pay 50-100 bucks for a game, or pay 20-60 bucks for a soundtrack."

Yeah, I agree. Japan always has ridiculous pricing on their stuff. Music, DVD's, Blu-Ray's, Movies, Animes, Games, you name it.

Top Bottom