• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread |OT3 & Knuckles|

HUELEN10

sonic_generations_ghz1ujcb.png

PC, no skills (literally and metaphorically)

Is there any way to arbitrarily remap a 360 controller? Having stomp/slide on B when there's a spare trigger is driving me positively batty.
Sciz...

I think you've changed everything.

Pietepiet

There, I'm not running CPZ anymore. (The other closest run I saw was Kakipi at 1:31, and that starts breaking the level with 3D in 2D)

Only reason CPZ got this bad is because we kept beating each other by 1-2 seconds. It started in reasonable times at first... But I don't think I have more will to run any other level after the 200+ restarts CPZ took me. At least not for a few days. X_x

VERY nice, dude! I'm gonna try to get close to this because I want to get the 1:35 at least, but I don't think I can beat this one. My biggest weakness is still that one-spider room with the staircase. I think if I get that jump down I can get to the 1:35.

Anyone willing to take my Speed Highway Act 2 record on?

Village

I would like to participate in your speed runs, but I am working on final stuff.

Will you all still be speed running next week?

iavi

The PC versions online time-attack mode is crazy buggy. It's not saving times to the leaderboards, and it crashes the game after every few level finishes.

Still better than trying to run it in the game proper with game overs making everything messy.

E

screenshot_2014-05-05_12-55-18.bmp

And the rubber on my ds4 has all about come off. Almost there.

I know a few spots I need to get down, still.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I'd also like to say to not be afraid of doing runs with skills even though other people aren't doing them. If that's what you're comfortable with and you don't want to make this feel like a chore, you're welcome to use skills. That's why I added the skill component to the spreadsheet.

Towards the end of the week, I'll make another sheet on the spreadsheet consisting of best times regardless of platform to make it easier for folks to see which times they should concentrate on beating. That will be the sheet for which I will be selecting the winner for the Steam game from provided you had said you wanted to do this as a competition earlier on in the thread.

I would like to participate in your speed runs, but I am working on final stuff.

Will you all still be speed running next week?
Yes. Deadline is May 17th because I realized some American schools had finals into May.

The PC versions online time-attack mode is crazy buggy. It's not saving times to the leaderboards, and it crashes the game after every few level finishes.
The leaderboards on PS3 have always been kinda borked too.

It's taking forever to load scores right now, for example, and it's been 3 years after the fact.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
As Crimson said, he wanted to request speedrunning SA2.

The next game on the list was Sonic Unleashed, since that's what a few of us really wanted to speedrun, and Generations was more of a practice thing. I was thinking of doing Unleashed in July to give people a month or so to practice.

With that said, if people would love to either:
a) bump Sonic Unleashed in favour of SA2 in July
b) do Sonic Unleashed in July and do SA2 in August

...we can vote on that.

Option C would be taking a week off and doing SA2 or Unleashed in June.

I wanted to add Sonic Colours to the mix, since that's the last of the Uncolourations games in this.

TheOGB

Banned
I'd be down to do a game in June. I wanna say SA2 first, but it'd probably make more sense to go from one boosting game to the next.

Let's all get drunk and speedrun Sonic 06 for New Year's :V

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
The last time Drunk Schala appeared on GAF was in an FF thread in like 2013. Naaaahhhhhhhhhh.

Drunk Schala ain't gonna be appearing on New Year's like in 2011, lol.

PS: I'm starting to see why folks chose to run Modern Sonic more often than Classic. We all know Classic Sonic's spindash is broken, sooooo...

iavi

Sending off the old year, and welcoming the new with a drunken bout of 06 is either the most amazing way to do it all, or the definite worst. I can't figure out which.

The last time Drunk Schala appeared on GAF was in an FF thread in like 2013. Naaaahhhhhhhhhh.

Drunk Schala ain't gonna be appearing on New Year's like in 2011, lol.

PS: I'm starting to see why folks chose to run Modern Sonic more often than Classic. We all know Classic Sonic's spindash is broken, sooooo...

Drunk Schala Tokitowa stream. :V

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I screwed up and got hit during a transition cuz I was goin' too fast, but I'm pretty happy with this. Still gunning for OGB's time, though, lol.

This is kinda fun! Today was practice day and I think I'm less rusty than I was before.

Anyway, I'd like more thoughts on what we should do next:
a) Bump Sonic Unleashed to another month and we do Sonic Adventure 2 in July
b) Do Sonic Unleashed in July and do Sonic Adventure 2 in August - 1 vote
c) Do either Sonic Adventure 2 or Sonic Unleashed in June - 1 vote

Drunk Schala? LINKS, PEOPLE!
I got drunk/buzzed on New Year's Eve 2011-2012 and played Sonic 06 in the Sonic Generations OT. this page: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=33898130

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Oh, yeah. Updated the spreadsheet with Sciz's times. Remember that each sheet (at the bottom) has a different platform since someone asked. I'll make Sheet 4 later this week.

(linky: )

Edit: PS: They need to use E.G.G.M.A.N. more often in new Sonic games, bros.

I appreciate some of Sonic Gafs commitment to that paint thread, the times they have changed as such a fun thread now perishes so swiftly.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
^ Even some LTTP threads are just getting buried with 0 posts at all. I know it's E3 time, but this is kinda ridiculous. Heck, I was going to post my GAF Plays thread at the end of the week but now I'm not so sure.

Why did the "Recreate your favorite game moments in MS Paint" thread have to die?

I spent like... a whole 20 minutes on this
It's such a bummer that it died since it was the return of the thread in any case. The times, they have changed. People wanna argue and not have fun. >.>

BlackJace

^ Even some LTTP threads are just getting buried with 0 posts at all. I know it's E3 time, but this is kinda ridiculous. Heck, I was going to post my GAF Plays thread at the end of the week but now I'm not so sure.

It's such a bummer that it died since it was the return of the thread in any case. The times, they have changed. People wanna argue and not have fun. >.>

Haha, I believe we've had this discussion in the thread before; GAF becoming less and less of a place for these types of threads :/

20 minutes too many.

Real MS Painters get it done in 10.

My hand is so unsteady with a mouse.

Sciz

sonic_generations_sszmgafp.png

This can be done quite a bit faster, but there's a hell of a lot of technical jumps and mid-air boost aiming you've got to nail just so.

edit:

sonic_generations_eggbybpg.png

Actually a pretty cool fight when you know what to do and don't just get caught in a never ending barrage of ice shots.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Oh my god, someone mod that into something right now. :lol :lol :lol

Before I go to sleep, just wanted to say that Jake Kaufman started a web series where he's looking at odd combos of game music and musical styles and trying to fuse them. Aeana made a thread for it, but it got buried: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=813859

(in before Falk decides to do some stuff on his own)

Village

Cool, I will run the speeds this weekend

That stuff is cute, is it ever defined what amy is actually.

I assume she is also a hedgehog.

But what if i am wrong she is actually a dog or something

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
She has always been a hedgehog, bro.

エミー・ローズ・ザ·ヘッジホッグ - Emi Rozu za Hejihoggu

Village

My beliefs have been reassured. :D

Also I did I started doing a sonic related thing before finals I haven't done in actual years.

Draw something sonic related.

Halp!

Tizoc

Hopefully this sonic collection sale on hunblebundle will result in aome good and positive sonic threads for once. Even if its just for sart.

Top Bottom