• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Connect to offer Movie downloads (PSP included) + MP3 for PSP (confirmed)

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Can I also get some funnier but nevertheless demeaning and/or fanboyish tag? The one I have, I've earned, I know, but it's just too dry and serious :(

I suggest:

"PSP: Touch it. TOUCH IT! It's there for you to touch..."

*edit* Or replace 'PSP' with 'Sony'. Or something.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Fafalada said:
Speaking of tags, I want my MuuMuu related tag back :(

Spill when the first NDAs about PSP performance figures vanish (you said they exist... tell me when they end :)), then worry about that later ;).

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Consider that you can have CPU&GPU&UMD at max thermal/power output by just running an empty loop.
Even if a game drains the battery in minimum amount of time possible, that doesn't mean it pushes the hardware at all.

Optimization in case of portables can just as well serve to save battery while maintaining the same speed (as opposed to just running faster).

Fafalada posted this on Beyond3D, I think he makes a lot of sense.

I know the machine itself won't cost $400, but I wondering how many people are ready to pay up to that price possibly to utilize all the PSP's features.

Panajev2001a said:
This puppy will not near $400 as that would be about $50 in profit according to what a recent article at PC WATCH suggested.

This comment just stood out a bit, but did you include memory stick prices? :p It could easily hit over $350 with just that. That is if we keep the $300 price tag speculation.

Brofist

mightynine said:
I know the machine itself won't cost $400, but I wondering how many people are ready to pay up to that price possibly to utilize all the PSP's features.

PSP + 1 game + decent size Memory Stick will = over $400, and I plan on getting all of that. The price is high but there isn't a portable device that will do as much for the price that I can see.

jiggle

DarthWufei said:
This comment just stood out a bit, but did you include memory stick prices? :p It could easily hit over $350 with just that. That is if we keep the $300 price tag speculation.

Are we including accessories/peripheries prices when we're talking console price now? I guess the PSP is pioneering at least one thing.

jiggle said:
Are we including accessories/peripheries prices when we're talking console price now? I guess the PSP is pioneering at least one thing.

Well, to be honest, I normally wouldn't, but you really can't enjoy the PSP without one, can you?

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
jiggle said:

Only in terms of having to pick up a memory stick... the game boy's have always have a wide number of accessories available, and hey at least the PSP has one accessory that comes with it that you won't have to buy... a carrying case.

Che

Banned
C'mon guys don't be so direct with your insults, it's not fun anymore...Anyway my opinion is that it would be a suicide to raise the price above 300 $. And btw isn't it time for Sony to start lowering the price of Memory Sticks, especially in Europe?

Che said:
C'mon guys don't be so direct with your insults, it's not fun anymore...Anyway my opinion is that it would be a suicide to raise the price above 300 $. And btw isn't it time for Sony to start lowering the price of Memory Sticks, especially in Europe?

That would be really nice to be honest, isn't the current lowest price for one like $50? I just couldn't handle that and a game, adding to more reasons why I'm waiting a few years. But a price drop would be grand. Not sure what the chance of that happening is though.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Always the possibility of including a memstick in the box, so it may not need to be calculated as additional cost...obviously wouldn't be big enough for movie downloads of any significant size, but a 16-32 meg memstick would do the job for game saves at least.

Che

Banned
A 1 GB memory stick costs 450 euros and it's not even Sony. A 128MB memstick I bought for my camera costed me 60 euros. Sony you can do better than this!

Now is that reading MP3s or "MP3 support" ala MD which forces you to convert them? :p

Now the only thing that Sony needs to do is stop the stupid Mem Stick requirements and give us a fucking UMD burner... Or stick a MD laser in there already. :p

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
A 1 GB memory stick costs 450 euros and it's not even Sony.
That's seriously screwing people.
You can actually get 1GB sticks from Sandisk/Lexar as low as 160$ in other parts of the world...

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Che said:
A 1 GB memory stick costs 450 euros and it's not even Sony. A 128MB memstick I bought for my camera costed me 60 euros. Sony you can do better than this!

$450 ? I can find one in the U.S. for $140 ;).

Search around, I even posted the link before :).

Kon Tiki

Banned
I rarely watch movies enough times to warrant a purchase (on any format). I hope these downloads are very cheap rentals.

Top Bottom