• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Dual Shock 3 - Who's importing?

Ryu1999

Just got my import silver one

It feels slightly lighter than the white, and the surface is like the back of the Fat PSP, kind of ridged, but not AS ridged as the PSP, but not smooth like the other Dualshocks

kamo said:
Someone here has a working coupon code for yesasia? ^^

If you're a new customer QUIDCO5 will get you $5 off. Also, if you're in the UK, go through Quidco.com to get ~ £2.50 cashback on top of that.

chico

my ds3 arrived today... now i have a controller without the console, cause im waiting for the GT5 bundle which will be on sale in 15 days here in europe. pure torture...

Shins

Banned
Black DS3 arrived today. Played some Burnout and Uncharted; feels great! The triggers definitely depress more easily, and the weight is perfect.

theBishop

Banned
I just ordered a Ceramic white. Seems pointless to wait 3 weeks to get a black one in stores for about the same price.

Is/Will Call of Duty 4 supported? Orange Box?

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I just got my silver one today. Wow! The rumble is really freaking nice. I played a little PixelJunk Monsters with it and the rumble is better than any other controller I've experienced. The light rumble it does when the towers are building is great, as is the heavy rumble when you get too close to the boss enemies. Can't wait to try out Resistance, Uncharted and Ratchet with the rumbly goodness.:D

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
I just ordered mine yesterday for 59.98 shipped. SWEET. I don't mind paying a 3 dollar premium to get it ever so slightly early. Is the white model coming to the US?

Mrbob

WasabiKing said:
my silver arrived like a week ago... didn't really miss the shock, but it is solely for MGS4.

The extra weight really helps out. The sixaxis controller is OK, but it feels so light in my hands. At least with the DS3 I feel like I'm holding something now.

Ninja Scooter said:
The black one has a bigger penis and the white one can't dance.
The white one can't jump either.

Seriously though, aside from being different colors, I doubt there are any significant differences between them.

Chorazin

Ninja Scooter said:
The black one has a bigger penis and the white one can't dance.

The Silver one can't sweat and will die soon of heat exhaustion, and the Red one is just dressing sexy, looking for a good time player.

My bloody DS3 trigger spring died on me yesterday after only a month of use too. Plus I can't replace it easily because for some reason they've started using molded plastic bars for the trigger instead of the loose metal rods they had before...wish I could find the receipt so I could send it in...

SaintR

I imported one yesterday from a very far best buy...at least 7 miles but boy is the import price ridiculous...i can't wait till they come to the local seven eleven

Dark Machine said:
My bloody DS3 trigger spring died on me yesterday after only a month of use too. Plus I can't replace it easily because for some reason they've started using molded plastic bars for the trigger instead of the loose metal rods they had before...wish I could find the receipt so I could send it in...

It was only a month? There might be a limited warranty supplied by the store, i would argue it is a defective product.

todahawk

anyone else having problems with their import DS3 button's sticking? I'm gonna have to open it up and clean it out. Very little use too, not sure what's up.

sn00zer

Hey just got a PS3 last week and the d pad buttons are sticking and feel hard (dont push in soft) on one of my controllers, should I send it in to Sony? The controller is barely two weeks old

anonymousAversa said:
It was only a month? There might be a limited warranty supplied by the store, i would argue it is a defective product.

Yeah, I'll have to ask about that, I got it from Sainsburys though since they had an offer which matched Amazon's price on them for a bit in January. But being the eijit that I am, I can't remember if I kept the receipt. The irony being that if I'd bought the thing on Amazon I could just print a new one out...*sigh* Still don't get why they've begun using molded plastic for the trigger bars though...how'd they get the springs around them in the first place?

Top Bottom