• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

charlequin said:
Did they have a slide that said "real-time footage" during the show or did they just nod silently and let the fanboy imagination run wild?

On some G4 show, someone asked a Sony rep if it was pre-rendered or real-time and he emphasized that it was real-time on PS3 hardware.

Misinformed, possibly, but in my mind it makes Sony's word a little less than reliable. I remember similar things during the PS2 debut.

Plus, a lot of news outlets (not just forum fanboys) said it was real-time and Sony never corrected this which IMHO is a form of disinformation too.

Rorschach

black.jpg

Mashing

Hmm, milking/rehasing (take your pick) GT4 in high definition. Depending on who you are that is either great news or a slap in the face.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
AH-HAA!!

TWO-HANDED CONTROLER FTL.

Juice

Haha, I love knowing enough Japanese now to understand everything the guy's saying. I get to understsand what the dude's sayin' like 20 seconds earlier than most. I'm so ON THE EDGE.

(Moments like this remind me how ridiculous our collective obsession with Live updates at E3 is).

p.s. That menu for being "optimized" for HD looks like it means unreadably small text, not unlike 360 games have been plagued with :( :( :(

Mudo

The backgrounds on the Gran Turismo demo aren't very amazing looking. The trees look horrible. Cars look really nice though.

Top Bottom