• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm starting to think Bloodborne at 60fps on PS5 Pro might be a reality

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
This is what I'm thinking.

If so...
Kristen Bell Omg GIF by The Good Place

With image upscaling...
Using frame generation to go from 30 to 60fps is awful. It will further add to the latency. It should never be used as a crutch. AMD recommends 60fps+ and NVIDIA recommends 40fps+ before enabling it. They do not recommend toggling it on at low frame rates, let alone 30, without any kind of solution to mitigate the increased latency. The game would look smoother, but there would be an even bigger disconnect between what you see on screen and what you press.

Please, no.

Last edited:
Using frame generation to go from 30 to 60fps is awful. It will further add to the latency. It should never be used as a crutch. AMD recommends 60fps+ and NVIDIA recommends 40fps+ before enabling it. They do not recommend toggling it on at low frame rates, let alone 30, without any kind of solution to mitigate the increased latency. The game would look smoother, but there would be an even bigger disconnect between what you see on screen and what you press.

Please, no.

I doubt most Console 60 fps whores could tell the difference.

Hohenheim

There's no reason why Bloodborne can't be patched to run at 60fps on the ps5 amateur, so if they make a "pro" patch to make it run at 60 on the pro, that's just silly.

.....(and I would get a pro for it)

Moonjt9

No Silksong? = Delivering the pain.
State of play coming very soon and you know they will have ps5 pro games there. I still say Bloodborne will make an appearance. It just has to.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I wonder what will happen first, if Sony finally doing a remaster, or the game being fully and perfectly playable on shadPS4.

XXL

I'm slightly confused here about the 60fps claims in this thread.

You have one camp saying it's impossible without a patch and the other camp saying it's already available and possible.

bundylove

I want to understand this obsession with bloodborne.
Was by far the easiest souls game and one the most lienar ones.
Like my best friend keeps saying, turn the page, let the past be the past

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
While possible, "higher performance" just as likely describes hitting current target framerate with more consistency. The second qoute, from Cerny, seems to be referencing higher visual fidelity and doesn't mention performance.

Last edited:

digdug2

It needs remake, it's hurting eyes how terrible it looks
It doesn't need a remake, when a remaster would do just fine. All they need to do is use better assets (that most likely exist), chill out on the chromatic aberration, and boost the frames to 60. If they asked for Cerny's help, they would most likely get it.

Ozriel

M$FT
So I was reading over the CNET article again and noticed these two sections, that I don't believe are being discussed enough because of all the drama surrounding the system regarding pricing.

I don't think the dream is dead, in fact I think it's very much alive. I think Bloodborne may be able to be 60fps with AI upscaling on this system.
Believe Jason Sudeikis GIF by Apple TV

I'm also very interested in what the different modes on PS5 Pro means. Is there a performance mode and what does that mean exactly?

The CPU in the base PS5 is already significantly more powerful than the Jaguars in the PS4. You don’t need the Pro to run Bloodborne at 60fps on current gen.

There’s most certainly a business decision - probably centered on a remake - behind Sony’s decision to keep the title at 30fps.

Reactions: XXL

You have one camp saying it's impossible without a patch and the other camp saying it's already available and possible.
Both statements are true. There are jail broken PS5s with a fan patch for Bloodborne that run at 60 fps. Last I looked into it they were modifying a handful of gameplay elements that do not behave the same way as they do at 30 fps.

The unofficial patch is literally available and has been for like two years. I was finally able to jailbreak my PS4 Pro and played it with the 60fps patch a month ago. The only trade off is to lock the resolution to 720p. If, however, you're playing it on a jailbroken PS5, you can run it 60fps at 1080p.

People have got to stop spreading lies about it being impossible, when it has been possible for years.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
The unofficial patch is literally available and has been for like two years. I was finally able to jailbreak my PS4 Pro and played it with the 60fps patch a month ago. The only trade off is to lock the resolution to 720p. If, however, you're playing it on a jailbroken PS5, you can run it 60fps at 1080p.

People have got to stop spreading lies about it being impossible, when it has been possible for years.

Not to mention that they didn't recompile the game with current SDK's. They bodged the container ID's to make it think it was something it wasn't, so its nowhere near optimal.

Shifty1897

Do you not understand the problem? It's locked to 30fps. To unlock it, you have to go in and change the code. PS5 Pro Boost is not going to do that.

consoul

Sony could have dropped a 60fps patch for Bloodborne on PS5 any time they wanted to.

I think PS5 Pro is the reason they haven't. They've been waiting. A patch enabling 60fps and other enhancements on PS5 Pro will stealth drop at launch.

Top Bottom