• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

mackaveli

a tip for mac users

if you are using safari in mac to watch gamespot dont
use firefox, i changed just now, and GT4 is smooth with no chopiness whatsoever.

safari would chug a lot but firefox is so smooth.

Mashing

I can't believe he brought up loading time in a DEMO. It's not a full game and can't be indicitive of what a real game would take the load. That's just hogwash.

Wink said:
See that? Now they're going to use the same crappy controllers with ergonomics designed 10 fucking years ago, because the internet community complained like whiny bitches.

The ergonomics of the boomerang were for 10 year old children. If it's not broke, don't fix it.

puebla

:lol

i'm watching this on 56k so the quality is horrible. i'm glad you guys are here, man you guys sound dissappointed.

Kolgar

Glad the Dual Shock hasn't changed much.

GT HD presentation seems kind of lame, though. Considering GT4 looked so amazing on PS2, I'd have loved to see all-new assets and "cuh-razy graffix."

Seth C

If this is really using only GT4 assets, hopefully they'll make it a downloadable update for all the owners of GT4. That would be a nice bonus.

Juice

Yeah, GT4 is pretty fucking underwhelming. What are they trying to say? That resolution on its own doesn't make a big difference?

Huge ball dropping by not having something a little more representative of the horse power up first... then again, maybe it really does look impressive live...

MetalAlien

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
1) The controller is pretty disappointing.
2) HDD standard f*ck-owns Microsoft. Drop the Core NOW.

We should have a poll, because I bet there are large number of people on this board that would disagree with number 1. I in fact think that's the best possible contoller they could have released.

jarosh

gt4hd.jpg

There's no reason for the D-Pad to still be where it is on the PS3 pad.

It's fucking stupid. They don't need to change the whole thing, but at least get up to date with 1999.

hyp

so far, built in hdd is the showstopper... definitely a good choice by sony. i wonder how much this thing is going to cost. please announce price already!

mj1108

puebla said:
:lol

i'm watching this on 56k so the quality is horrible. i'm glad you guys are here, man you guys sound dissappointed.

Watching it on 56k might be an improvement. :p Trade you spots! :lol

EDIT: Another track?! geez... come on...

Deg

Banned
Bojangles said:
They couldn't think of any way to improve the DS controller except wireless?

Well they say its the perfect controller. Except for afew nbots and xbots.

Wireless as standard. No wired bullshit.

MetalAlien said:
We should have a poll, because I bet there are large number of people on this board that would disagree with number 1. I in fact think that's the best possible contoller they could have released.

I'm very happy they've kept the Dual Shock 2 design.

edit: NO MORE GTHD TRACKS!! ENOUGH ALREADY!!

lancubap

5:26pm: Comparisons between past Gran Turismos and the HD model.

5:24pm: It's explained that the loading time will be rather quick with Gran Turismo HD. More nice footage shown of racing action from another track.

MetalAlien said:

Simply switching the left stick and pad would of made it five times easier to use.

Seth C

Shabaz said:
To select a car and track

But aren't they claiming that everything shown today will be playable on the show floor? That is the impression that Kaz tried to make, anyway. So, by playable I can choose a replay to watch? Eh...

Anyway, on to something good, guys! Enough with the GT4 snoozefest. For crying out loud, are we going to get to see every track and every car?

Top Bottom