• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

Mr. Smith

fuck you sony. the wii has two gyros and real gyros also , not the ones that were used by microsoft 10 years ago to tillt your plane. did you see what the guy looked like while playing the game, he was about to fall. also how in the world are they expecting people to push a button while moving th econtroller with both hands, trying not to slip it out of hand. with wii you are actually using the wiimode to act like it is something else, with the ps3 controller you just wave arround.

and lol at his evil smile while saying he invented it, he must have lost his mind totaly.

Saoh

sonyshit.jpg

$500 and $600??

jesus fuck! THEY ARE retarded after all. assholes, that`s why i hate them so much!!!

>:O

MetalAlien

Banned
Sony for the win, they showed me everything I needed to see.

To all the haters, that's why you have 2 other choices, you won't be missed.

How the FUCK do you end a conference like that?

Bend over.

And, did they just lower the expected shipments by a million?

2M at launch
1M more in 2006
2M by March

stolin

Abort the boomerang!!! Add Nintendo Wii functionality!!!

Abort! Abort! They had a great idea.... Add it quick.. Back to the DualShock!!

Timbuktu

That isn't Wii, that's Sidewinder, it has no sense of where it is in 3D space. And with that price, it's not even in the same market, no way I'm gonna pay that for those games. Except for maybe MGS4 and that won't be until 2008 at least.

Future Trunks

lemme tell you something son, this guy is SO FARKING HUGE HE'LL FLEX AND DESTROY THE SUN no shit
Sony just straight up casted Life 3 on Nintendo. They had it once they revealed the Dual Knock-off, then the price came....

Okay Nintendo, the show is essentially yours to take....don't screw up!!!!!!! (They will)

On another note, once I can afford a PS3, FF13 will be mine!

:lol @ all those who seriously thought that PS3 would launch at $299. Though, even I'm surprised at such a high minimum price: $500. And then 40Gb more HDD space for $600. Ouchies.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
I guess Kutaragi wasn't kidding when he said it would be expensive. I thought it would be $500, but hoped for $400. It was a good conference overall. I'm glad they kept the same form factor for the controller, but added in tilt functionality. Coupled w/the Eye Toy they pretty much ruined Nintendo. They really hold grudges for a long time over there in Japan.

GreekWolf

$600???? Someone please tell me this is a JOKE!

Are they TRYING to give MS a larger piece of the pie? Because soccer moms ain't plopping down six hundred freaking dollars for a toy.

Holy shit.

Aryuken

Banned
RevenantKioku said:
If anything, this Sony controller thing fucks Microsoft. More games able to be put on both PS3 and Wii, but not 360.
MS in Japan is gone, heh.

Are you kidding me? That thing works like an analog, nothing else

And to the Price Tag

middle_finger_flame.jpg

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
$650 Canadian!!! That's so fucking expensive!!! :lol

I'm going to wait until the Canadian dollar surpasses the U.S. dollar and then i'll buy one :lol :lol

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Hey, you're paying that extra $100 for the hot technology!
FFXIII in 2007 right? Oi vey.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
RevenantKioku said:
If anything, this Sony controller thing fucks Microsoft. More games able to be put on both PS3 and Wii, but not 360.
MS in Japan is gone, heh.
Wii games = PS3 ports using PSP assets. :lol

Tabris

It's only 50 bucks more for a PS3 than an XBox 360 w/ HD of same type.

At least for us canadians.

Still though. I was expecting $399

superfly

aside from he mgs4 trailer that was a pathetic conference. Shameless rip off of the rev functionality, but i bet the wii is more intuitative.

fu*k sony

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
sonycowboy said:
How the FUCK do you end a conference like that?

Bend over.

And, did they just lower the expected shipments by a million?

2M at launch
1M more in 2006
2M by March

Terrible idea to announce the price.

Of course the tilt of sony's controller can't compare to the wiimote. I can't imagine it being used for much other than flight games (as shown) or Super Monkey Ball type games. It certainly can't be used in shooters or sports games. But that wasn't Sony's purpose. When the school yard arguments began, or some clerk at EB explains the consoles, the nuances of a controller with tilt sensitivty versus a 3d one are going to be lost on the average customer. Sony has accomplished all it set out to do, undermining Nintendo's main advantage.

So..

Does ANYONE here believe that this fucntionailty would have been implemented were it not for the revmote? Anyone?

:lol :lol :lol :lol

I honestly was not expecting that. Bravo Sony.

Imagine Nintendo's paranoia from now on.. it will become exponentially greater than what it is.

Beowvlf

Banned
Holy shit at the pseudo Wii controller... I did not see that coming. And a mega OUCH to that price, which is $100 more than I was hoping for with the 60GB included.

But after both FFXIII and MGS4, I've no choice.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
And back in Redmond, one Microsoft way, there was much rejoicing.
Some games looked *awesome*, but I can't believe the price.

SonnyBoy

I can totally afford a PS3 but I'll be gotdamned if Im paying $600 for that. Fuck you Sony, Im buying one just to hawk that bitch on EBAY!

One way to phrase this is that the PS3 controller has about the same tilt-sensoring as the Nunchuk attachment to the Wii controller, but not the depth of tracking the actual remote-shaped part has in conjunction with the sensor.

Dracos

Normally Sony copies and makes the concept better. This time they copy and do it half-assed. It reeks of desparation. The DS really scared Sony. And then the price along with a showing of games that scream Diminishing Returns. Might we be seeing the fall of a giant?

Amir0x

Banned
Well, I always said... if Sony priced the PS3 at 500-600, that's it for them. They lost the generation.

And not only that, hyperbole aside, they legitimately lost I customer for many years... because I simply can't afford it, even if I wanted to, MGS4/DMC4/etc or not.

We're saving up to buy a house, so I won't be getting a PS3 until there is a price drop in a year or two. No 360 or Wii for me, my gaming pennies will be going towards a PS3.

Top Bottom