• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Gamescom 2014 press conference confirmed for August 12

SerTapTap

I can't play any of these amazing looking games until these indie hacks show me their budget. Can't play anything funded by less than $50,000,000. Come on Sony

Marvel

could never
5lo51w.gif

I was joking! read the spoiler ffs lol, loved the show.

Mononoke

Banned
Despite the guy on stage reiterating that Sony has not gotten complacent, they most definitely have. What a horrible show.

Sucks that you feel that way. No one wants to own a console and not feel thrilled about the titles coming for it. That said, I disagree and actually thought the conference was pretty amazing. I loved the wide range of titles, and the different variety of game styles.

I guess it's just preference? I mean, I have an X1, and I honestly haven't touched it in months, and feel really let down by what's coming for the rest of 2014. Sunset Overdrive looks like a lot of fun, but I'm not even that excited. But I imagine there are people that feel opposite of me, and that's great.

Hopefully they eventually put out titles you are interested in. *shrugs* I won't say you are wrong, or insult you. I respect your opinion even though I don't agree with it (I don't think they have gotten complacent with their games. I actually feel that Sony is riding off the wave of the last 5 years of PS3, and trying to invest in diverse and interesting titles, rather than focusing on typical AAA blockbuster style games. And that is totally okay with me).

Micerider

What's with so many people dismissing games because they are "indie" or smaller budgets? I've had more fun with those type of games in the last two years than AAA.

leadbelly

Banned
Okay, that is the best trailer I have seen for The Order so far. That's not saying much considering the others weren't that great, but it is looking really good.

Graphically it is amazing. The best looking game I have seen full stop.

Afrodium

Banned
The indie hate this conference is getting is absurd given that almost all of the indies shown seemed to be fleshed out 3D affairs. Most of the "generic 2D indie garbage" that people complain about was relegated to a montage. If Wild or The Tomorrow Children had a Ubisoft logo at the end I doubt people would be complaining. It's so strange.

Odrion

Banned
It was a nice conference, much better than E3. The continued lack of suspend/resume in the next firmware update makes me think they were lying about that feature.

Sykra

Pretty bad show from Sony to be honest. Where is Sony first party studio? no Vita supports (Vita lost it's best game actually) and no new real exclusives for PS4.

and again where are all Sony first party studios? the thing that kept PS3 afloat during its early years with great games is no just an story we tell to new kids, if Shu Yoshida is doing nothing (Nothing on Vita and nothing on PS4) then maybe Sony should consider replacing him with a new guy,

What?

Jomjom

Banned
"Indie" hate has to stop.

I love indies. I mean Transistor is my GOTY so far. But for such a big stage show you gotta balance it out with some big crowdpleasing AAA game announcement too. MS just had the big TR exclusivity announcement and that was enough. Sony needed something like that too.

Pretty bad show from Sony to be honest. Where is Sony first party studio? no Vita supports (Vita lost it's best game actually) and no new real exclusives for PS4.

and again where are all Sony first party studios? the thing that kept PS3 afloat during its early years with great games is no just an story we tell to new kids, if Shu Yoshida is doing nothing (Nothing on Vita and nothing on PS4) then maybe Sony should consider replacing him with a new guy,
This has to be a joke right?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

This has to rank as one of your stupidest posts I've read. It's factually wrong. It's like you expect them to announce every game that they have working right now. Even from Japan. And we know TGS is coming. Get a grip.

No Planetside 2
No Everyone's Gone to Rapture
No The Last Guardian
No Gravity Rush 2
No Gran Turismo
NO SCEJ AAA RPG
No Sony Bend
ZERO Vita games

WTF did I just watch? I am selling my PS3, Vita and PS4 right now

I would count on most of that being at E3 2015 with 2016 release dates. The lack of vita titles is the only real disappointment. But then again... I'm not surprised. Oh and Last Guardian isn't going to happen. There is only so many times you can take a game back to the drawing board.

Some of these troll posts are really annoying.

They absolutely killed it this show. As if someone on a forum who say meh speaks for everyone. They slaughtered it.

Whilst there are troll posts in both the Gamescom threads, I really don't think they did and neither did MS. Both had solid shows and if you own either or both, you'll be happy with your purchase, but killing it? Nope, none of them did.

I-hate-u

Whats wrong with letting them work longer on their titles? There is enough content on the PS4 in the next year.

hawk2025

There is a considerable difference in production values and drawing power which will never go away.

But production values isn't scope (what I had actually mentioned), and "drawing power" isn't game design.

For actual, practical, videogaming purposes, the distinction is nonsense and only does harm to the industry.

Rob85Fr

Neo Member
The indie hate this conference is getting is absurd given that almost all of the indies shown seemed to be fleshed out 3D affairs. Most of the "generic 2D indie garbage" that people complain about was relegated to a montage. If Wild or The Tomorrow Children had a Ubisoft logo at the end I doubt people would be complaining. It's so strange.

+1000

atr0cious

Breaking news:

Infamous: First Light utilizes the time tested classic Star Fox warp gate mechanic to get around.

Wonder if it will have the full open world of Second Son.

Are the people who are saying the Xbox showing was better serious?

My sister fell asleep half way through Microsoft's conference.

Because new footage of gameplay of AAA games already announced is better than announcements of new INDIE-ISH games, because indies ARENOTGAEMS BUT NEGATIVEGAEMS.

Alucrid

Banned

Lol I'm sure Yoshida does nothing

Yeah, that's it

Sarobi

Banned

Vita is a sinking ship. I know people don't want to hear that, but it's been pretty obvious Sony isn't interested in wasting much time on that.

You are going to need wait until next E3 to see those first party studios.

StoopKid

I love indies. I mean Transistor is my GOTY so far. But for such a big stage show you gotta balance it out with some big crowdpleasing AAA game announcement too. MS just had the big TR exclusivity announcement and that was enough. Sony needed something like that too.

Isn't until dawn a brand new AAA game ?

But lemme guess that doesn't count.

People have to just stop deluding themselves with the Vita stuff. The platform sells next to nothing in Western markets, major devs have no reason to put any budget into it, Sony is not going to divert major assets into it so they can sell 20,000 copies of a title. It's over, enjoy the smaller/niche titles and the nice hardware (I know I will).

Why is it so important that Sony reveal everything their studios are working on in less than a year of a new console launch. They've shown some of what they're developing, they've shown exclusive games from 3rd parties and indies, timed exclusives, and more. Just because they're not showing everything early doesn't mean they have nothing to show. Y'all mofos are so damn impatient it's ridiculous. They just showed more than games than anyone else, big and small. There's a ridiculous amount of games you'll be able to play.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Whilst there are troll posts in both the Gamescom threads, I really don't think they did and neither did MS. Both had solid shows and if you own either or both, you'll be happy with your purchase, but killing it? Nope, none of them did.

As a PS4 owner, they brought the games as usual. They absolutely killed it. Unless somehow you don't like good games with variety.

Top Bottom