• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Gamescom 2014 press conference confirmed for August 12

I can't help get that feeling as well, if only because some of the games that Microsoft showed feel like late 2015-2016 releases, like Phantom Dust or Crackdown 3. I figure Gears of War could have a chance of making a surprise appearance, or Scalebound getting a playable demo though.

Didn't Yoshida say in an interview that he was trying to shorten the time between when a game was announced and when it released?

If Gears of War does make an appearance it will be a tiny teaser, or a CGI trailer. The game has only been in development a couple of months so it is probably just out of concept stage.

But yeah I agree with you regarding Microsoft announcements. Definitely feels like they went all out with their game announcements at E3 with some of them just being CGI trailers and teasers. I got a feeling it's Sony who has the interesting AAA game that Geoff teased on Twitter.

I'm expecting Media Molecule, Guerrilla, Housemarque, The Chinese Room and SCE London to show stuff.

Guerrilla might have a big showing between their two studios, possibly the rumored RPG the Dutch team are working on, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a big PS4 game from Cambridge.

Killzone Mercenary was last year, a new game from Cambridge is way too early.

TomShoe

Banned
I'm expecting Media Molecule, Guerrilla, Housemarque, The Chinese Room and SCE London to show stuff.

Guerrilla might have a big showing between their two studios, possibly the rumored RPG the Dutch team are working on, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a big PS4 game from Cambridge.

My predictions:

Media Molecule: Platformer that uses the PS Camera in some way.
Housemarque: Sci-Fi twin-stick shooter.
The Chinese Room: Everyone's Gone To The Rapture
SCE London: Singstar.
Guerrilla NL: Rumored RPG.
Guerrilla Cambridge: First Person Shooter, possibly Resistance.

Some are obvious/confirmed already, but I'd be happy with a spread like that. Wouldn't be surprised if one or more of them push out a Vita game, Housemarque or SCE London in particular.

You just described Resogun lol.

coughlanio

I'm also expecting Sony to do another Entwined, and announce a game, and release it tonight. I know several people who bought that game, who probably would have never purchased it under normal circumstances. I can imagine it did a bit better than it would have with a standard release.

People seem to forget about this here

original.jpg

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
I am keeping my expectations firmly in check. I will be satisfied with even one AAA unannounced IP showing.

Pinktaco

I'm just expecting 1 big game, a bunch of indies, maybe singstar and gameplay/trailers of what we already know. Hopefully they'll blow us away with some uncharted greatness.

I'd be fine with that and tbh I don't think people should expect Sony to do much more. Lately they've been holding back and only announced games with a soony release date (for instance bloodborne, LBP3 and R&C remake).

Sony already have games for this year and we'll into next year, if we count uncharted and the order.

Top Bottom