• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Gamescom 2014 press conference confirmed for August 12

Bundy

Banned
I hardly want anything on the One, but I can't see how someone could think QB disappointed. I thought it looked pretty boss.
The showing was boring and showed nothing "wow" or "speechless" as by MS announced.
Looked like a "okay" Cover Shooter with bad/average "artstyle".
Need to play it, maybe...

But back on topic!

Want some japanese stuff on the Gamescom Sony Presser :)

Widge

I hardly want anything on the One, but I can't see how someone could think QB disappointed. I thought it looked pretty boss.

It looked pretty, but so did Alan Wake and its foggy aesthetic.
What happened on screen looked a bit dull, in the same way that The Order gameplay looks pretty dull.

I can only imagine these will come alive once played.

I haven't been paying as much attention to this thread as I should have been. Are we expecting another trailer/teaser for Uncharted? Was thinking that seeing as the VGAs may not be on this year, this'll be Sony's biggest western audience for quite some time.

Hyunashi

Come on sony do your best ms actually had a good show at gamescom, it was better than e3.

What? Didnt they just expand on what was already shown at E3, add Quantum Break and moneyhatted Tomb Raider? It was a pretty underwhelming affair dominated by shooters.

i can see sony disappointing. Showing mostly indies stuff. No exclusive, nothing. The only new thing in that show will be indie. No new firmware announcement.

I am sorry but that is what will happen.

magawolaz

Joining the hype train

PXkAONC.gif

Bundy

Banned
i can see sony disappointing. Showing mostly indies stuff. No exclusive, nothing. The only new thing in that show will be indie. No new firmware announcement.

You know that indies are "games" too, right?
And we already know that they will show Housemarque's new game.

lol
It's not like they have to show much to beat the MS presser.
♪ Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is a non-shooter ♪

Microsoft's conference was boring for that reason. Halo is just -__-

Shower me in Blood
borne
and it's already a wrap.

Indies are pretty much the only thing that excites me much anymore.

They were the highlight of the MS showing so far.

That said Sony has all the AAA multiplats and their own exclusives (fuck yeah Bloodborne) so honestly life is good bro

BadWolf

Here's hoping its more exciting then the MS one, only thing worth mentioning from their's seems to be TR and that's only good for console flame wars.

MrHoot

You know that indies are "games" too, right?
And we already know that they will show Housemarque's new game.

I love indies but usually when talking about buying a whole console for 'em, you need some AAA to push the incentive.

Anyway, maaaan, kinda bummed Tomb Raider jumped ship. I'm hoping it's timed like Ryse and Dead Rising but that's a huge kick in the shins for the time being :(

Still, hyped for what they'll show about bloodborne. I really hope Sony has one or two surprise exclusives announcement to balance it out, and not just timed dlc exclusive for destiny or something.

Anyway, let's get the show going ! Lemme see dem gaems !
Also something for vita please ;_;

Bundy

Banned
I love indies but usually when talking about buying a whole console for 'em, you need some AAA to push the incentive.

Anyway, maaaan, kinda bummed Tomb Raider jumped ship. I'm hoping it's timed like Ryse and Dead Rising but that's a huge kick in the shins for the time being :(

Still, hyped for what they'll show about bloodborne. I really hope Sony has one or two surprise exclusives announcement to balance it out, and not just timed dlc exclusive for destiny or something.

We already know that Housemarque will show their new game.

sub_o

Temper your expectations for Vita.

Temper your expectations for Vita.

Gamescom has been good to Vita for 3 years running

I remain optimistic though I doubt there will be many new announcements...

At least not from Western Devs. Would be nice to see some more big localizations though.

kmg90

Big but also most likely a timed exclusive to combat uncharted . Sony can easily out do ms conference. Uncharted gameplay is really all it will take.

Uncharted gameplay and Last Guardian with a solid release date would eclipse any/all of the "megatons" Microsoft had today....

Firmware update details with a clear release date or time table would be the cherry on top.

I'm not bothered about the TR news, it's the poor man's uncharted.

I'm much more interested in what Naughty Dog's going to do than Crystal Dynamics because I believe ND runs circles around Crystal in making a game good all around (ie Multiplayer that doesn't feel thrown in or tacked on like TR did)

Top Bottom