• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Gamescom 2014 press conference confirmed for August 12

delSai

S¡mon;124990019 said:
Setting my bets:

- There will be talk about a PS4 firmware update
- New trailers for:
* Bloodborne
* #DRIVECLUB
* LittleBigPlanet 3
* The Order: 1886
- Indies, indies, indies
- An update on sales numbers, but probably not an exact number (something like: "PlayStation 4 is the fastest-selling ever")
- Again ends with Uncharted
- No crazy zooms by cameramen
- Intro video will disappoint (it's not of the same quality as we got at PS Meeting 2013 and E3 2013)

Not watching then.
This sounds about right if ya ask me, maybe cut Uncharted from the List.

Ape

Banned
Come on Sony let's get some good shit today!

Looking forward to some new Uncharted. The Order was pretty fun at E3 so maybe some of that, too... but mostly I want some surprises!

Imagine if Sony show
The Last guardian
zfkojn.gif

BadWolf

From the known entities only really looking forward to more Blooborne. Seems to early to expect more for Uncharted (though they may be further along than expected since its supposedly a 2015 game).

Aside from that I would really like new games to be announced.

I hope Sony doesn't close with Uncharted again.
Both Sony and MS have gotten into this pattern of ending on Uncharted/Halo recently, I think it's always a bit of a damp squib to close the show. Sure, they look pretty, but they're still the Uncharted/Halo we've known for many years. End on a revolution, not an evolution! Closing with Media Molecule I.P would be a better idea IMO.

RoKKeR

Wish things didn't instantly go to "vs. MS" after their conference. I'm excited for what Sony is going to show, not how it's going to compare to what MS did.

Pumped for the show, I'm hoping Bloodborne does enough to excite me. I put a good 30 hours into Dark Souls but never finished, I hope Bloodborne maintains that difficulty while being just a bit more accessible for new players.

Someone help me get a handle on this. They set up a livestream of themselves... watching a livestream of a conference. Is that right?

Am I the only one who thinks that's really fucking egotistical? "Hey guys, why watch the actual event when you can watch our reactions instead!"

Samyy

Someone help me get a handle on this. They set up a livestream of themselves... watching a livestream of a conference. Is that right?

Am I the only one who thinks that's really fucking egotistical? "Hey guys, why watch the actual event when you can watch our reactions instead!"

But we want to hear them talk about the conference?
Its actually very entertaining...

Samyy

Journey and Unfinished Swan for PS4 just confirmed by Sony. Wonder if they'll feature?

Might be a mention and footage in a montage but pre-conference announcements never really feature. [if by feature you mean seperate trailer and stuff]

BFIB

I could only watch about 5 minutes of it because they kept talking over the conference.

Tamanon

Banned

People wanted to hear their take on the conference for entertainment. There were other avenues to watch a "pure" conference.

kmg90

But we want to hear them talk about the conference?
Its actually very entertaining...

They saved me during the E3 "Powers" snorefest... I would have probably stopped watching or fell asleep if it wasn't for them...

They provide a filter between the bullshit hype buzzwords-filled phenomenon that press conferences are.

Lakitu

st5fu
Third-party stuff: Far Cry 4, Battlefield: Hardline, Batman: Arkham Knight, Destiny
First-party stuff: The Order: 1886, Driveclub, LBP3 and Bloodborne

These are all a given IMO and are at the very least of my expectations, hoping for some new announcements and some Uncharted 4 footage (not holding my breath though).

S¡mon

Banned
They saved me during the E3 "Powers" snorefest... I would have probably stopped watching or fell asleep if it wasn't for them...

They provide a filter between the bullshit hype buzzwords-filled phenomenon that press conferences are.

Haha, are they doing it again this year?

Doomshine

They pretty much called it "we are talking over ____ press conference" and had a another feed under it that was just the conference video.

Stampy

Lack of any new hints regarding Media Molecules game kinda makes me doubtful they will reveal it here. Their twitter accounts have been rather silent, no meaningful trademark name has been registered by Sony, and it seems Sony will focus more on the Order, Bloodborne and Until Dawn. On the other hand, before E3 MM said the game would be shown soon (if not now, when then, TGS is highly unlikely), they showed that weird teaser (why show such an insignificant thing if there is no intention to show the game this year). All in all I still hope we will see today their new IP.

Top Bottom